We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

In the current state of the game "i" find The Hillybilly unplayable and desperate of basic changes

Grindixer
Grindixer Member Posts: 19
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

The true requirement to make hillbilly viable again is simply to remove overheat and add skybilly back. The overheat is too oppressive to his kit and punishes people for playing the killer.

In exchange Bubba needs a match limit to the amounts he can down with his chainsaw. (3-4 downs max) Hillbilly is unplayable and less fun then legion or the twins.

Overheat prevents op strats like curve billy or drift king billy. Also as a side note bring back insta saw addons but buffed. (insta saw addons were not viable or oppressive with insane counterplay to deserve a dev pass) Sky billy needs to come back as well as how else will i be able to down survivors???!!! Engravings are hard to use and overheat quickly not allowing fun at all. Same with drift.

Billy buff pls. Who cares about trapper. Nerf the booba

Comments

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I just want them to bring back old basekit Billy and nurse. All they needed were addon passes idk who at bhvr thought it was a good idea to nerf either of their kits.

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

Add old hillbilly and old Freddy. Leave new hillbilly and new Freddy.

Compare stats after 3 months~

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,786

I am, alone, capable of increasing Old Freddy's pick rate by an infinite amount.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,048

what? just remove bubba's power after getting use out of it 3 times? are you for real?

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

I don't think that making overheat reduce charge time is a good idea since you could heat up the chainsaw to get easy basekit instasaws.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

His name is Billy Paulson!

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

As someone who avoided using old billy, using him now without being familiar with his old self feels more than fine. I'm yet to overheat, except when i just sprint around the map in circles looking for the last person

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

I would kiss you for those buffs if your profile picture wasn't plague.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Billy is fine. I just want the head bob gone when he's done chainsawing. Its annoying as hell.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I recently start playing him (ignoring him for years besides few matches here and there) and he is super fun. He feels rewarding to play as compare to Bubba where his chainsaw is so easy and boring to use.

However, I would like add-on pass again and make him less offten overheat.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

the overheat has no place and was added just because they ran out of addon ideas, i'd rather they remove this boring, pointless mechanic that only serves to make the killer less fun and come up with some actual addons

people who defend overheat make me sick

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,125
    edited June 2021

I dont care about Overheat at all. I almost never Overheat - the last time I overheat in an actual game was when I tried way too hard to chainsaw a Survivor and I got punished for playing bad at this case.

The other instances of overheating happened during one of the MMR-tests where I went against Baby Survivors the whole time and decided to just go for long-range snipes with the Steering Add-Ons (does not really work against Baby Survivors, they are hiding the whole time while they hear the Chainsaw..).

So, I could not care less for Overheat, it really does not affect me. And I am far away from playing as a M1lly.

• yeet

so if overheat doesn't do anything, why keep it in the game? it just serves to take away potentially fun addons wasted on a really boring mechanic

just scrap it

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,125

It will not be scrapped. So why putting energy into writing it should be scrapped?

MMR will be terrible, nobody wants it, still it will be released.

Breakable Walls are poorly excecuted, nobody likes them, still they are added to every Map.

And Overheat is pointless, still, the Devs worked on it.

All stuff which will stay in the game, once they have worked on it, it will stay.

I disagree on the Add Ons tho. Hillbilly does not need Add Ons to begin with and I rather have Add Ons which are not really useful than those who buff aspects like Chargetime or Cooldown, because those were problematic. And I dont really want those to return.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I'd far prefer a revert on his overheat then animation changes though if I could have my cake and eat it too i'd have both. ALSO PLEASE REMOVE THE ROAR

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

The roar is fine imo. It fits his character but the real issue is his new chainsaw sound. It becomes ear grating at high overheat levels but doesn’t serve any gameplay function since I can literally see my chainsaw on fire

• Phasmamain

Yeah they definitely didn’t intend to make engravings useless but it’s unfortunate since they we’re probably his most fun add ons and weren’t too strong unless tuning guide got involved

• gilgamer

I find both insanely annoying and it getting more high pitched is probably more annoying and its dumb. Honestly hated everything the changed about his base kit, nothing outside of his terror radius and nerfing some of his addons, was an actual improvement and the addons he did get are mostly just bad or boring. Lopro chains are cool though.

• Phasmamain

The overheat was added to give billy a punishment for overusing the saw. Took this from the devs mouth not mine

The devs have no issue making uninspired status add ons so they could have just given them to billy if they really wanted to

• Phasmamain

I don’t entirely hate his new addd ons in fact I like some of them like the muffler, brick, lopro chains and the mother’s helpers

But then there’s some like black grease which is completely in the survivors control to make work and the big buckle which has a mediocre effect after you mess up about 4 chainsaws or purposely go around the map like 3 times

• gilgamer

I found stealth Billy to be far more of a meme then anything and not a very fun one personally and found mothers helper to not be worth getting stunned to proc the effect. Not too mention drift king which was the only addons I used consistently before his nerf are dead because of overheat. Tuned carburetor is just an awful addon as well then obviously the 4 or so addons that affect his overheat are all dumb because the mechanic itself is dumb but the effectiveness of the addons compared to their rarity is also skewed with the brown addons being the best singular one he has, and the yellow being the best after that.

The whole rework was just not well executed, just seems like they knew they needed to nerf insta saw and crack Billy but then everything else they changed was just because they wanted to and for pretty much no other reason.

• yeet

that's a pathetic excuse because if you're "overusing" the saw you're already missing a ton and getting punished anyway by losing time

if this is supposed to be a casual game why are we trying to punish bad players even more on an already difficult killer?

• Phasmamain

Never said I agree with them but that is the devs reason as to adding it

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Just like Nurse, all Billy really needed was an add on nerf. I don't know why the devs obssessively change things people are perfectly OK with.

• Brambles5
    Brambles5 Member Posts: 41

I agree with this opinion (especially the second one). I'm not sure if this add-on is the only one that is prone to overheating when Engravings already has its disadvantages of slightly increases chainsaw charge time. I'd like to see overheating work equally for all add-ons.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

So lets compare blight to billy and see why despite being similar killers blight has more appeal.

Add on variety, the blight has so many diverse strange add ons like resets on downing survivours and ability to shift the camrea at the cost of manuverability billy on the other hand has no real varietybor mix ups to his kit bar lopro chains.

Learning both killers the ability to do well on blight is always an ever improving process cutting corner through different routes to land a blow with his power from unexpexcted angles. It is far more forgiving to learn and thus the difficulty floor is way more forgiving then billys narrow chainsaw windows with somehow way more precision required.

Freedom to experment. Blight cooldown is very short on his power allowing the player to continously explore new angles of attack billys overheat is very restrictive with an extremely painfully long cooldowns. A lot of people were drawn to hillbilly due to his ability to manuver around the map risk free searching for long range saws.

New billy heavily punishes it and puts such a severe restriction on expermentation that it punishes and restricts inexperienced billy players from using the power encouraging them to only use the power when they know its a safe saw.

If you were good with hillbilly then likely the changes didnt hurt you bar limiting your long range saws. But if you were average or inexperienced billy is a deeply unpleasant killer to play who will have you soak a ridiclous number of L's before you are able to do well on billy. This is largely due to overheat hindering and making the learning process incredibly frustrating.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I really hope they'd consider reworking again his basekit

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306

thats what he needs 100%,BHVR DEVS WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

Exactly. It's such a simple fix, idk why they haven't done it yet

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,531

At least the devs might be acknowledging that breakable walls are a fluke. The new map doesn't have them lol.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

I never played much Billy before the changes (I'm not a fan of high-mobility Killers like him, Oni, and Blight. They all leave me really disoriented...) but I do think that he needs an add-on pass. Too many of his add-ons have bad/no/little effect that don't boost his base kit enough compared to similar Killers. (Again, Oni and Blight, who both have overall decent add-ons, especially compared to what some Killers have.)

And at least for me, I don't mind the Overheat mechanic. I haven't seen any Billy that isn't a potato actually Overheat (or if they do, it's so rare it basically doesn't exist.) I think the big issue is more so just Billy himself. In playing against him, his saw feels super inconsistent. I can't tell you how many times a Billy will somehow 'Miss' me with his saw (that 100% looked like it hit me) multiple times in a game. (I've literally stopped and given Billys a free down because the game had robbed them out of so many before on me and I feel bad.) On the flip side, I've also had saws that will hit me from a decent chunk off from where I was- and if either of these issues are common, (which they seem to be, from what I've seen playing vs Billy) I can see why playing him is frustrating.

Tbh I think him and Ghostie both need add-on passes and some help. (I bring Ghostface up because they both have super similar issues and I'd love to see them both get played some more and get some more love.)

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306

Bubba absolutely doesn't need a nerf. He's mid-tier in the best possible circumstances, and is primarily countered by windows. Windows. I can't believe I'm actually saying this but... if you can't deal with Bubba, you just need to git gud. Split up, don't rely on pallets, stay out of deadzones as if your life depended on it, genrush.

Trapper needs a rework, and needs it as soon as possible. Just because he doesn't matter to you doesn't mean he isn't important to this game and players other than you.

Billy needs to be fixed, too, but not at all in the way you suggest. He doesn't need insta-saw back, he needs overheat removed.

Oh wait, this is bait, isn't it?

• 90bubbel
    90bubbel Member Posts: 90

there is lots of killers that needs buffs WAY MORE than billy, for example

trapper

clown

the trickster.

The hilbilly is still easily top 5 killers

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Can someone explain to me why they nerfed Billy as a whole to begin with?

~ He was fun to play against

~ I don’t remember anyone asking his base kit to be nerfed, only his add ons.

yeah, there was no reason to add overheat and to destroy Billy.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

He had a high killrate. Similar to pig and prebuff bubba, also known s-tier killers :D

The community mostly wanted an addon pass to fix instasaw.

Tbh, im still really surprised how the community reacted. His basekit is basically unchanged. Some say overheat does nothing, others find it limiting. Otz dropped him to C-tier which blows my mind. I may be rusty and all, but since his basekit is unchanged he is still A-tier to me. Seems like a massive overreaction to an irrelevant nerf. But it also reminds me of the nurse nerf which was far more severe. Heavy backlash although the character is still strong