Killer variants

latinfla4
latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I was thinking of how mortal kombat 11 has this system in place. You pick a fighter and choose from 3 different power variants. Would it be possible to implement it in the game to add some variety?

For example I choose trapper.

Trapper 1 is the base trapper right now but with both iridescents as base.

Trapper 2 padded traps are the default but now I start with 3 traps and can transport up to 3 traps.

Trapper 3 is darker traps but only the ability to carry and transport 2 traps.

Would this work or would it be too oppressive? Variant info would only be displayed to the person selecting it. Killers could use any perks but no new addons and would receive a BP bonus at end game.

Comments

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

I feel like, it’s a good idea to spice things up but it would totally mess with survivors.

Newer survivors would have so much more to learn about killers.

And more experienced survivors wouldn’t know exactly what power they’re facing against so they couldn’t prepare.

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62

i would like something like this just to have old freddy back, but i think this could be achieve just with an ultra rare addon, also the addon system kinda already achieves what you are suggesting , a variant system would have to change killers dramatically when it come to mechanics to justify it.

• latinfla4

Would it be easier if the survivors could see which variant was picked? I was trying to thing of how to have a survivor variant version but in reality all survivors are just alternate skins🤔

• latinfla4

Kind of like those old Iridescent splinters that let you play DLC killers (I still.have so many of those I didnt get to use😭).