The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

All these NoED rants

Where were you when the Devs buffed all levels of Self Care to the Teir 3 perk speed? No issues with that change?

L M F A O

Comments

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

This is one of the most moderate patches the dev team has ever pushed out with tweaks on both sides and yet all we hear about is how "killer sided" the patch was. It's crazy.

That comes with every patch. They could remove killer weapons and nerf their movement speed to slower than survivors, but when DS gets chopped... It'll still be a killer sided patch.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@ZombieGenesis said:
    This is one of the most moderate patches the dev team has ever pushed out with tweaks on both sides and yet all we hear about is how "killer sided" the patch was. It's crazy.

Objectively speaking, the patch is killer sided. The change to healing alone is a massive buff for killers that outweighs anything survivors got. I'm not saying that it is a bad patch or that healing shouldn't be nerfed. I'm just saying that there is merit to the argument that the patch is favoring killers. The perk changes aren't that big of a deal for either side. But the healing changes will substantially effect every game played from now on.

• DocFabron

@ZombieGenesis said:

Objectively speaking, the patch is killer sided. The change to healing alone is a massive buff for killers that outweighs anything survivors got. I'm not saying that it is a bad patch or that healing shouldn't be nerfed. I'm just saying that there is merit to the argument that the patch is favoring killers. The perk changes aren't that big of a deal for either side. But the healing changes will substantially effect every game played from now on.

The healing nerf possibly made Sloppy Butcher or Coulrophobia a nice alternative to Ruin. Survivors should be happy that killers may be able to use a new playstyle.
  • Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    I've played a few rounds of Survivor and the healing difference is noticable, but it isn't as game breaking as people seem to want to believe. It's just a little more dangerous to heal under hooks and Self Care takes a little longer.

Honestly, all this healing change will do is encourage smarter gameplay from Survivors and maybe the use of medkits instead of just relying on SC.
  • Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423

I have yet to notice a change with the healing except it's easier to get up when slugged. I get injured then either escape or get hooked and saved and then get healed by one or two other people. I don't run self-care but I will use first aid kits and the few times I have healed on my own I barely noticed the extra 4 seconds. I mean...it's 4 seconds.

Its 4 seconds that distances you from the killer, who will either continue to look for you or be much further from where they lost you, most likely in a new chase.

It also changes anti-heal perks and how long survivors can take 2 hits per encounter. Many games today, survivors chose to stay injured and the games were extremely active.
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    *is looking for all these rants*
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@ZombieGenesis said:

I'm still wondering how long it's going to take some of these killers who don't read patch notes to realize they're degrading their emblem by camping. Literally just had a game where they camped two people and me and the other person got away and I got more than double the killer's score even with them getting two kills(they had like 7 or 8k) so there's no doubt in my mind they didn't black pip.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799

@ZombieGenesis said:

Not really. The healing nerf is balanced out by the Slugging nerf. Realistically, these nerfs only adversely effect bad play styles on both sides. Healing nerf only really hurts overly cocky Survivors who (most of whom like to giggle and shrug off hits cause “LULZ SELF CARE!”) Survivors who SWF conga line body block hooks and body block for each other ect. Slugging Billy or Nurse, or well, any Killer that slugs habitually and uses slugging as a full on strategy.

@Tzeentchling9 You’re joking right? There is a HUGE difference between being able to heal a bit faster with Self Care, and full blown insta-downs. Those two are nowhere near comparable to me, the NOED buff far outweighs the buff Self scare got. The speed nerf of NOED was fine, but the insta-down on all levels was just bad. NOED was a crutch for those Killers who had tier 3 already, now it’s a crutch for EVERY Killer who just gets it. This will only promote more hard camping as “LULZ, I camp out one or two players and when you finish the gens, NOED mops up the rest for me.” 
    Why crying about less grinding to have a decent perk since lvl1-2 were useless. They even got rid of camping on higher ranks and honestly I'm more prone to good around more often since surveys had in the last patches free hooks with invu and now emblem degrade. Im pissed about it? No, I actually like it even if the might retrieve insidious killer perk now but overall its fine. the most dangerous enemy on survivor side for me still survivors that just want to farm me and now I'll see that more often I think. I mean they tweaked both survivors and killer perks to make early levels or less used perks more unable. Why cry about it, I like that fact as survival I can good more crazy with builds
  • TheShowtime7
    TheShowtime7 Member Posts: 22
    Yeah this patch is gonna make playing survivor suck. 
  • Malakir
    Yeah this patch is gonna make playing survivor suck. 
    Botany buff to make sc faster
    Flashlight fixed so you have to aim the head
    Leader vigil streetwise got a nice tweak
    Killers wont camp as much if they won't rank down
    Saboteur looks useful and more fun
    Killer change: noed useful early levels so less grind, make your choice tweak, useless beast of prey tweak

Now survivors can't vault mindlessly like they were used to do rewarding skilled players and punishing bad plays.

One of the most beautiful patch I've seen. Pretty balanced even if I would'be buffed more vigil and leader

Killer sided. Kappa
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@SovererignKing said:
    Not really. The healing nerf is balanced out by the Slugging nerf. Realistically, these nerfs only adversely effect bad play styles on both sides. Healing nerf only really hurts overly cocky Survivors who (most of whom like to giggle and shrug off hits cause “LULZ SELF CARE!”) Survivors who SWF conga line body block hooks and body block for each other ect. Slugging Billy or Nurse, or well, any Killer that slugs habitually and uses slugging as a full on strategy.

@Tzeentchling9 You’re joking right? There is a HUGE difference between being able to heal a bit faster with Self Care, and full blown insta-downs. Those two are nowhere near comparable to me, the NOED buff far outweighs the buff Self scare got. The speed nerf of NOED was fine, but the insta-down on all levels was just bad. NOED was a crutch for those Killers who had tier 3 already, now it’s a crutch for EVERY Killer who just gets it. This will only promote more hard camping as “LULZ, I camp out one or two players and when you finish the gens, NOED mops up the rest for me.” 

Agreed, NOED is really double edged for campers. If a killer camps the response from most, and even myself is "Gen Rush". So if you do all the gens, you're not worried about totems so you're not wasting the time you're getting from the killer camping, but then you have NOED procing on top of that and rewarding the counter for camping which is doing gens. It's really weird to work around.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Dreamnomad said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

The sabo buff and slug nerf though balanced it out quite well.
    Sabo squads are frustrating for the killer again and fun for the survivors.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Where were you when the Devs buffed all levels of Self Care to the Teir 3 perk speed? No issues with that change?

I loved that "nerf". Perfect example on how the developers "nerf" survivors. They removed the healing efficiency, sure, but they compromised by making all levels of self-care equally good thus buffing it in the long run.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

@ZombieGenesis said:

I'm still wondering how long it's going to take some of these killers who don't read patch notes to realize they're degrading their emblem by camping. Literally just had a game where they camped two people and me and the other person got away and I got more than double the killer's score even with them getting two kills(they had like 7 or 8k) so there's no doubt in my mind they didn't black pip.

I've said this a million times... But Campers DON'T CARE. You can't punish a camper who camps to piss people off.  It has no effect.
  • Malakir

@ZombieGenesis said:

I've said this a million times... But Campers DON'T CARE. You can't punish a camper who camps to piss people off.  It has no effect.
    Well the effect is they are at rank15 at the most
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@ZombieGenesis said:

MUH 4 SECONDS REEEEEEE

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

If anyone says that this patch is the reason they are dropping this game its good. They were probably the type of survivor to dc because they were about to get moried.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    More people should be running We’ll Make It.

Then we will start seeing pitchfork mobs calling for its nerf, again.  Although 300% We’ll Make It on yourself was hilarious.  
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

@mcNuggets said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Not even close. 30 extra seconds for a hook to respawn, woopty doo. I would love for survivors to try using sabo against me. It just never works out. Ever. They just wind up wasting time that they could have spent on generators. The change to slugging isn't a big deal at all either. These are both changes have an impact on a small percentage of games. Whereas healing is a major factor in every game played.

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234

Theres perks to counter noe yet survivors dont carry them out of being greedy with their current loadouts. I treat every game as if the killer will be carrying noe and always get every totem with Small Game if possible. Its very easy to disable noe yet people are to lazy to get the totems or not willing to use perks to find them.

If yous treat every game as if the killer is gonna carry noe and get all totems theres nothing to worry about. Its only 5 totems people lol.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

@fcc2014 said:
    Noed, self care, moonlight, sabo, alert can everyone shut up and just play the game.

^This please :)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    ZombieGenesis said:

That comes with every patch. They could remove killer weapons and nerf their movement speed to slower than survivors, but when DS gets chopped... It'll still be a killer sided patch.

You're forgetting all the killer mains whining every patch how every patch is killer sided despite buffs etc. I mean seriously you could play against bots and be guaranteed easiest difficulty and people on both sides would complain about something.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@powerbats said:

You're forgetting all the killer mains whining every patch how every patch is killer sided despite buffs etc. I mean seriously you could play against bots and be guaranteed easiest difficulty and people on both sides would complain about something.

Bots are OP please nerf

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Tzeentchling9 said:

L M F A O

Self-Care used in 99.99% of all matches.
    NOED used in....well I don't have any real statistical data for this...but its far less than 99.99%!

• Zaram
    Zaram Member Posts: 36

There is a difference between 20% more healspeed and one hit.
    I know killer main and logic are not big friends :|

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Tzeentchling9 said:

L M F A O

When a survivor is complaining about tier1/2 versions of a perk that got buffed, then you know that its a deranking guy teaming up with rank 20s in order to crush beginner killers.

Just ignore those posts

• DocFabron
    powerbats said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    ZombieGenesis said:

I'm not forgetting about that, man. Both sides have some salty little sausages. 
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

I remember once I suggested on Reddit that NOED should provide instadowns at all tiers. I was met with half a dozen downvotes and a bunch of people saying "noooo it's too meta run in every build OP perk." Look who's laughing now, Reddit.
    But I don't view the NOED buff (or the fact that Self Care is the same at all ranks) as a "buff" so much as a quality of life change for the Bloodweb grind. Instead of having a perk that's useless until level 3 you can still use it at earlier levels and do okay. Perk levels should make a perk better, not useable.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018

@Tzeentchling9 said:

L M F A O

According to the game's history, Self Care Tier 3 used to be 80% speed, so 50% speed is still a nerf compared to how it was originally.

@TigerKirby215 I agree completely.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I doubt anything will change, since noed is a perk for weaker killers.If you are running noed on top tier characters you are just wasting a perk slot with it

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Dreamnomad said:

@mcNuggets said:

@Dreamnomad said:

@ZombieGenesis said:

Not even close. 30 extra seconds for a hook to respawn, woopty doo. I would love for survivors to try using sabo against me. It just never works out. Ever. They just wind up wasting time that they could have spent on generators. The change to slugging isn't a big deal at all either. These are both changes have an impact on a small percentage of games. Whereas healing is a major factor in every game played.

Yeah, you are right.
    Killer is still underpowered as #########.

But I meant for this patch and I didn't mean the buff to the sabo perk itself, I was talking about the fact, your toolbox is a horse now and you can sabo like 6 hooks with a yellow toolbox.
    A full sabo team will dominate a killer not being top tier.