Is Nemesis Weak?

I have not good perks on him yet but seem like he will have hard times on high ranks. M2 is not so strong, except breaking pallets well. And he has not map mobility. What are you thinking?

Comments

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

I think he works best on indoor maps where theres less room to move around, which makes both his tentacles and zombies considerably stronger

On open maps though? the zombies become largely useless i think.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

No he is a bit weaker than pyramid head. But not weak by any means. He is the second best indoor killer in my opinion. And he is 115% so he runs at the average speed.

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

I assure you that they break the dick even on open maps!

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I feel like he is a little on the weaker side just due to the fact that you often need 3 hits to down a survivor. 2 speed boosts in chase is a huge deal.

I do think that's valid criticism when people say he's a weaker pyramid head. PH can get the hit easier, and he always only needs 2 hits to down every time

• TheWarNung
    TheWarNung Member Posts: 794

He seems okay so far, but I'm still figuring him out. Initial impression is that he's like Demo but with way less range and way shorter cooldown. Also he has to hit people 3 times.

Like Demo the key to success seems to be faking your power and mixing up your M1s and M2s. Also like Demo STBFL is God Tier on him.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

I guess I'm having bad luck but zombies have been getting him downs or at least helping in every one of my chases today. I can't say having built in pals is weak.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

He's okay.

He has inconsistencies in a lot of his kit.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

On open maps they do nothing and survivors are figuring out how to bug them out and trap them.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I don't think it really matters if the killer is fun.

95% of survivors aren't good enough for tiers to even come into play of a win or loss anyway. Trickster not withstanding.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

He's a good killer, but like every other non-high mobility killer, if he doesn't have multiple slow down perks he just gets gen rushed into oblivion.

• Cutiaddu
    Cutiaddu Member Posts: 402

It's ok. Only thing I consider weak is the hitbox and how clunky the tentacle is

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Sorry to burst the bubble for you. But most Nemesis i´ve seen today were relying on M1 to hit and down survivors. Making almost no use of his power. Which means he isn´t strong. Or would you consider a Trapless Trapper very strong?

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2021

the time commitment you need in order to infect and down a survivor just for the to get unhooked and go straight to the vaccine rendering you time investment useless while 2 gens are left its what prevents me to use his power as often as i would like, i am having more success with just m1 early to mid game while spreading infection every now and then while not commiting to the infected survivor.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited June 2021

If you try to whip a survivor vaulting a pallet then you default to breaking the pallet and the survivor gets away with no damage. that says everything about the killer and BHVR'S motives with his "counterplay"

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

This isn't true. The whip will hit a survivor over the pallets. But the hitbox is precise that from certain angles it can be impossible to hit the survivor.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

He's pretty good. Strong chase, free tracking from Zombies, inbuilt slowdown, overall a very nice killer that plays oddly similar to Plague with her Corrupt Purge mixed with Pyramid Head.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

*he can down you through pallets WHEN he manages to get to tier 2. He´s mid tier at best.

Pizzahead is stronger. Do you consider Pizzahead OP?

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

He could use some QoL buffs. Increase the hitbox size for the tentacle strike, reduce the speed boost from an infection strike (or increase duration of the hindered status effect) and maybe make Zombies a little smarter. (They should go toward Generators being worked on, for example)

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

I think he’s pretty good he’s not top tier with the others but he’s not weak like everyone’s making him out to be yes he should get a couple of changes but he’s fine honestly

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319

He's definitely on the weaker side. Imagine if he didn't have contamination or needed to gain mutation rate, if he was just a 115% Killer who had a 6 meter range attack with 2 zombies. He wouldn't be broken at all and it's clear the reason he has those conditions is because it "feels" like Resident Evil and newer players can deal with him much easier.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130

Nemesis is fine as is. He's not op or underpowered (UP?) He's balanced which is what this game needs. We have enough over tuned killers. I'm not sure about the zombies though.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

The problem is his tentacle dosint conect half the time due to proformance issues or survivors buging the game or whatever it is causing you to miss and not get ur level 3 ability (the one that actually register's hits) until there's like 1 gen left an by then its usually to late.

So ya he can be verry frustrating at high ranks but its cause the game can't handle pepole's fast reaction times causing a mess of issues.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236
    edited June 2021

3 hits to down survivors and they eacj get a cleanse. Imagine 2 gens left and you have to hit survivors 3 times.

It really depends on the survivor. A lot of survivors are terrified of the tentacle even though it won't always injure them. Those are free M1s for no reason. Survivors who understand the mechanics run Nemesis for a while.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Zombies need to chase the infected, like there's no tomorrow. Would definitely be great in my opinion for his power.

• ManWithALemon
    ManWithALemon Member Posts: 422

Nemesis's whip has the range of, like, T3 Myers's lunge, with one-fifth the maneuverability. Only instead of a 1-hit down, it's a 3-hit down. Contamination exists solely to hurt Nemesis's effectiveness in a chase. It does absolutely nothing beyond just requiring Nemesis's power to hit Survivors an extra time.

As for zombies? At their very, very best, they're a Trapper trap that hits Survivors instead of locking them in place. And unlike traps, you have absolutely zero control over where they go and there's only 2 of them.

Nemesis is doubtlessly weak. The only time he does okay is on loops with very low walls where the whip can hit Survivors over them, and at that point even someone like Trickster would be more effective.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

For me he is mid tier for sure.

• ChopChop1000
    ChopChop1000 Member Posts: 6

Mid tier. You can 4k perfect game at rank 1 with any killer, but against a good team Nem will struggle like most killers. I don´t mind weaker killers, but what bothers me are killers that come with a kit you rather not use. Boring.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Not to mention that if a survivor is injured but not infected they can run into a zombie for a speed boost during chase.

Not a very fun time for him.

Using the vaccines needs to have more downsides

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I think he is good but 2 things come to mind 1) don't make his first tentacle hit give survivors speed boost, its so annoying and makes it feel so punishing to just infect someone

2) just make optimization better he is pretty laggy and causes so much game stuttering