The New Chapter Is Off To A Very BHVR-like Start

Options

I don’t know whether I should laugh or be upset at this point.

Pipping system is broken AGAIN LOL

New map crashes games and is now disabled.

New update in general makes people across all platforms stutter and lag when anything happens.

New cosmetics are not only linked but also the headpieces are the same default ones AND full price.

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Why is PS4 more laggy than Xbox? On my side I don’t experience that much lag. Sometimes it lags and my game freezes but I heard it’s worse on PS4

• AcridPyre
    AcridPyre Member Posts: 30
    Options

I've had my game crash like 3 times today playing, all when Nemesis was in the match whether I was him or going against him. I love the content but tired of getting 10-15 minute bans because their update screwed with the game so hard~

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I'm not sure. It's definitely worse with the update. Nemesis seems to be a real mess.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 636
    Options

Yeah this whole patch is so messy and buggy. Every time I would load into a match I also kept on getting a ton of lag on ps4. I even lost a item even though I had a white ward on and the killer wasn’t running franklins or anything.

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

Nemesis using his power causes lags almost every time. Most killer use it at least 3 times a chase so you can see why it is painful to play on ps4

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

From the clips I've seen, it isn't.

My One X seems to be doing the same as most PS4's

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I'm still playing relatively well regardless of current crapfest that is DBD PS4.

It's a pity because this chapter honestly looked pretty good.

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

Temple of purgatation has a invisible wall that only affected killer in the main building on the stairs on the sides.

It going to take a while for the info to spread and it will be abused.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

No idea. But the studdering and freezing is so bad that when it ends the camera is whipped around and your going in the opposite direction you wanted to go. Lol

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I play ps4, haven't played new update yet, got another 10 mins to wait until its downloaded. Will see if I have any lag.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's complaints - you have every right to be frustrated, especially if you paid for the DLC today - but it might help if everyone remembers that glitchy games are a regular thing unfortunately, not just a BHVR thing, and that they're already working to try to fix the issues. Any time that pretty much any developer tries to update a game with as many variables as this one something usually goes wrong.

Does that make it fun or seem fair? No, of course not. But try not to let it keep you down. Give it some time and the bugs should be worked out soon. This is, for better or worse, not unusual nor unique to this company.

Thanks for sharing this. You might actually want to send a report directly to BHVR so they notice.

• miketheratguy
    Options

Mm, I suppose it's subjective. It does sound like there have been a lot of bugs today but I come from games like The Elder Scrolls and GTA Online which had what seemed like hundreds.

That said, experiencing a bunch of bugs is frustrating no matter what the game is, so I feel for the people who are having to go through them. I guess I just wanted to remind everyone that this is, unfortunately more or less how the gaming industry works these days. Always gotta wait for hotfixes and so forth. It sucks, but things will hopefully be resolved soon.

• gentacle
    gentacle Member Posts: 260
    Options

Hey at least you have the new patch right? I'm still on 4.7.2 because they won't release it on Windows Store lol

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

I finished a report on it and I hope they disabled so it can't be abused.

I also found an other bug but I didn't pay attention to know certain on what causing it.

When playing blight. being stunned will make his power to be unable to be used until you m1.

if someone has experienced the bug and know what causing it. Report it to the dev so it can be fixed.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2021
    Options

How is pipping broken this time?

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I’ve also played a bunch of GTA and even way more ESO, both these games have bugs, sure. But they both released before DbD and are way more optimized and run wayyyy better on my Xbox. ESO has a bunch of things on the UI all going on at once and the PvP can have dozens of players all spamming spells and it still doesn’t freeze and stutter as much as this game.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

You guys think playing on Ps4 is now impossible? You clearly doe'snt seen Switch version at this moment. ITS FRICKING HELL TO PLAY

• Nebula
    Options

I can’t even imagine how bad switch would be if PS4, Xbox, and even low grade PCs are struggling this much.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Im surprised that you're all surprised about the state of this update.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87
    Options

If you remember old Disney animations with very small amount of fps then you can imagine the switch version experience.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    Options

I think it's hilarious they immediately took down the new map on the first day.

Like bro, that's a huge chunk of the dlc lmao. Not very professional.

• miketheratguy
    Options

Well GTAO and Skyrim (I don't know about ESO specifically) had years and years of patches to smooth things out. Even now, they still have problems. GTAO is easily and constantly hacked by scumbag players as its userbase complains about the company only caring about fixing things that are to their financial benefit. Hundreds of bugs (some of them game-breaking) remained in the final patch of Skyrim and required the installation of a massive community mod to fix as the players complained about how lazy and incompetent Bethesda is. One of the Assassin's Creed games released with floating, faceless NPCs. EA's SimCity (2013) released with such atrocious online components that people literally couldn't even play the game for days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side. I hate that this is how things are. I hate that the industry at large relies on the internet as a crutch to drip-feed fixes to glitches that we, the players, are the unpaid guinea pigs have to find. I'm 43 years old, when I grew up playing a new game amounted to putting it in the system and playing a relatively glitch-free experience, the end. I feel for you guys, I really do. I'm sure that I'll be irritated if I too go to play tonight and have the same issues that some of the rest of you are having.

I'm just saying that people are going HAM on BVHR right now as if they have catastrophically destroyed the game in a way that no other developer ever has. And again, I really do get the frustration. I guess I've just been through this before and have come to expect it (no, we shouldn't have to, but that's the world we live in), and know that soon enough the biggest issues will be smoothed over. It's not like the game will remain in this state.

Should these issues have been resolved before release? 100 percent, yes. But I mean, don't worry, we'll be playing like usual very soon.

• miketheratguy
    Options

I loaded up my Lite copy to get the BP compensation but didn't try to play a match yet. What's it like?

• Nebula
    Options

I admire your optimism but people have been screaming for an optimization update since March of 2019, and the game has been getting perpetually worse over the past two years with this patch possibly being the worst state the game has been on all platforms possibly ever. People are losing faith in BHVR to fix things because of all the empty promises and lack on transparency. If you want an idea of what they think of console players I think the 1200 reply thread about console optimization still being unanswered gives an idea.

If there is one nice aspect of being on console it’s that hackers are almost impossible to encounter, so we have that going for us.

• Ignan
    Ignan Member Posts: 31
    Options

There's also an invisible broken vault spot in Lery's (in the main room of the map, upstairs) where if you fast vault it, you will get soft locked until you get killed

• miketheratguy
    Options

I wouldn't really call it optimism (though thank you for the compliment), just experience. I've seen what's happening today happen with countless games countless times. I don't like it, but I'm used to it. We shouldn't have to get used to it, but we do. It sucks, but it's just how things are these days.

As for the optimization, that's a somewhat different issue because I do understand that those of you who have been playing for a long time, in particular on consoles, have been asking and waiting quite some time for this already. While I have no doubt that today's serious issues will be sorted quickly, I sadly can't say that I feel the same about any lingering overall performance issues. Enough of you guys have said that they've been around for years that all I can do is express my sympathy and hope for the best. The game runs fine for me, but I know that not everyone has the same luck.

• Nebula
    Options
  • miketheratguy
    Options

Lol thank you. :)

I'm just coming from a place of age and experience. Not to pat myself on the back, I'm a relative potato when it comes to this game. My 400 hours or whatever pale in comparison to many, many, many other players. But, I do have decades of gaming to look back on as well as having had the fortune of being able to see the industry from the other side when I worked with THQ, so I try to keep a balanced attitude about this kind of stuff. That's not to say that no one else does, I just hate to see people go crazy when things go wrong. I don't blame them, but I know that these things often turn out alright in the end. Meanwhile, while I can't make excuses for BHVR's efforts (or lack thereof) regarding optimization, I can at least attest to the fact that much of what they've been raked over the coals for is what many other game developers go through as well. I can say from firsthand experience that bugs and glitches and consumer frustration can bother the developer just as much, if not more so, than the players themselves.

Just trying to help people shift away from the "BHVR is lazy and sucks and hates their customers" mentality, that's all. It's usually not quite that simple. :P

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Don't worry, you'll get the Jonathan Byers treatment. They'll take the skin off the store for a handful of days, give 100k bloodpoints to the people that got it, and then address it not being up to their standards.

No but seriously, jokes aside, I don't know whether to be shocked or completely unsurprised by the decisions this patch. Some decent changes in the actual patch notes, some bad ones, but it seems like there's a lot going on beyond the patch notes that's got the community in a rage.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

It's awful on last gen consoles and PC.