The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for the Tech Savvy Gamers

agonizing
agonizing Member Posts: 176

I have a 4K 114Hz monitor (Asus ROG Strix) with a i9-10900K CPU.

I also have a RTX 3070 (which I will upgrade to a RTX 3080 later on).

If my fps is uncapped, will I be able to enjoy the game in ultra settings at the new fps cap? Or will I be forced to lower the graphic setting in order to enjoy the game?

Is 4K gaming at 144Hz worth it on this game in your opinion?

Many thanks to you all!!

Comments

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited June 2021

Ugh, hard to tell...

What I recommend to everyone on PC is tweaking the Files to uncap their fps & such

If my fps is uncapped, will I be able to enjoy the game in ultra settings at the new fps cap?

Regarding your question... It's a hit or miss...

Some RIGs suffer from lag freeze while others don't even though they share the same parts & the internet is pretty much identical.

However, I will be able to tell you that with your setup you will not be needed to lower the graphics to have smooth FPS but I'd still recommend editing some files here and there since you're on PC and you should take advantage of such luxury some people on other platforms don't have. Lag Freeze is a DBD only problem due to it's trash optimization.

Also, 4k Monitor for DBD? Jesus Christ dude

As to who I would recommend... Ardettha on YT has really high quality settings and very good FPS, he also has some guides and other programs to help him with this. I would recommend checking him out as he has some tutorials & guides

• agonizing
    agonizing Member Posts: 176

I play on 4K 60fps right now due to the cap on PC. 4K looks really vibrant and I enjoy it, but I’m willing to sacrifice the quality if I have to in order to get smoother frames.

That sounds good, thank you I will watch some of his videos, I know who he is I just didn’t know he made these types of videos. :D

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

I'm guessing the rest of your Rig is top-notch as well, ram, motherboard, etc, etc.

Having a stable internet connection is also quite important in DBD.