If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Should Dead by daylight have an AI mode?

Options
Trap
Trap Member Posts: 9

AI mode should be a thing for people who's internet is not working at the moment

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250
    Options

Dead by Daylight is not meant to have either side automated, imo. It would take a lot of work put into coding AI process scripts, interactions, etc.

It's great that you love the game so much, I just don't think this sort of thing is possible =)

• Wolf_Overback021
    Wolf_Overback021 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Or for a practice level, in both ways, AI could be something really good for people who don't like t-bag or people who camp or just want ez points.

• DrDannieburger
    DrDannieburger Member Posts: 57
    Options

I'd love for there to be AI, but as @ZiNc said before, it's not really plausible and would do more harm than good with balance issues and potential hacking.

• Axiant
    Axiant Member Posts: 36
    Options

Dave Richard on the stream yesterday said no, there's no bots and there likely won't ever be. (I'm paraphrasing here...)

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153
    Options

I would pay if the woukld consider adding an AI offline mode

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    Options
    Devs said there won't be an AI mode.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,384
    Options

I don't think an AI would do it justice. You could spend years making the AI as smart as you can and it still wouldn't be anywhere close to a real person. The problem is that a big part of the game is about outsmarting the other side, and an AI just isn't that smart.

• ObscuredbyFog
    ObscuredbyFog Member Posts: 94
    Options

No, AI mode would be boring. The thrill of this game is playing against other actual people, not against an AI Killer or Multiple AI survivors. It would be too easy.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

The solution is the kill your friends mode where it's always unranked and everything is unlocked at least killers from what I've seen and possibly survivors. It's invite only mode and probably much more realistic as a training tool to learn with.

You can't however use any of the dlc chars for either side sadly so unless you buy them no getting a chance to play them for free.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

But it does, it's called rank 20.

• entertainment720
    entertainment720 Member Posts: 246
    Options
    That sounds like a whole other game. Id rather the team out their energy into continuing to focus on in game balance as well as future updates (: 
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

This game is made to be played by humans, AIs could not compete at all.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137
    Options

@Wolf_Overback021 said:
    Or for a practice level, in both ways, AI could be something really good for people who don't like t-bag or people who camp or just want ez points.

I would welcome this and has been asking for a long time. Not a ranked mode but a practice ground where I can choose the map, killer of my choice (like KYF) and play against AIs instead. It would help the newbies and even experienced players to learn/master a character without the fear of embarrassment.

• W3Bsiteuser
    W3Bsiteuser Member Posts: 4
    Options

No

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Peanits said:
    I don't think an AI would do it justice. You could spend years making the AI as smart as you can and it still wouldn't be anywhere close to a real person. The problem is that a big part of the game is about outsmarting the other side, and an AI just isn't that smart.

But the AI only has to know how to run in circles...
    Since that´s what survivor mains want from the killers.

That being said, devs should really do something about the balance and the overall fun of killers.
    Because there are so many SWF death squads with their lightsabers which just love to bully the killer.
    If this keeps up for longer, devs might want to invest into a killer AI, since most of the killer mains got a mental breakdown.

• esn23
    esn23 Member Posts: 56
    Options

I think it would be cool to have a single player story mode for both killers and survivors that go though all maps.. The lincenced killers and survivors can act more like dlc chars do in fighting games, where they are there and playable but not included in the actual story so there would be no lincencing issues.. Think about it you could go through every map and have a bit of lore scattered thoughout, you could play by yourself for killer and survivor or you could invite friends to your group of survivors, and then you can get rid of SWF all together and they can play this mode.. I would say you can still level up your profile and survivors and get bp but you can't rank up in this mode..

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153
    Options

@esn23 said:
    I think it would be cool to have a single player story mode for both killers and survivors that go though all maps.. The lincenced killers and survivors can act more like dlc chars do in fighting games, where they are there and playable but not included in the actual story so there would be no lincencing issues.. Think about it you could go through every map and have a bit of lore scattered thoughout, you could play by yourself for killer and survivor or you could invite friends to your group of survivors, and then you can get rid of SWF all together and they can play this mode.. I would say you can still level up your profile and survivors and get bp but you can't rank up in this mode..

Thank you i completely agree with this, there should be some kind of offline mode, like chapter stories or something where you play as the chapters killer or survivor and you have mini cutscenes and you have to do tasks. Like for the saw chapter you have to be detective Tap and the pig has hooked 4 survivors and you gave to rescue them and then that will transition into another cutscene then to another challenge