Why a boost speed when nemesis just infect you

eloise
eloise Member Posts: 528

For me it's not normal, the plague doesn't have that so why him?

Comments

• eloise
    eloise Member Posts: 528

I'm not new but I find that three speed boots are not balanced

• SpookySZN
    SpookySZN Member Posts: 95

It definitely needs some changes to make not getting infected more worth it. At the very least tier 3 should just damage you outright if landed.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

It's so you can run into his zombies faster.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

His zombies have this issue too. Last game whilst injured I needed some distance to escape and so ran at a conveniently placed zombie, got a speed boost and made it out. Seems rather counter-intuitive.

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62

IDK but i bet this is a 100% Almo move.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I find it pretty redundant, since even as Plague you can trap a survivor if you find them hiding in a corner and 1-2 them with an infection and an M1. The fact that Nemesis' infection counts as a smack is odd to me.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

Yeah it's pretty absurd.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976
    edited June 2021

Im fairly certain its done because of the wandering zombies. If you get hit by one, the other one can still bodyblock you and damage you again. Giving players the boost avoids such a situation from happening.

Let alone that cleansing against plague heals you up, even if you're not fully infected and you can infinitely cleanse, against nemesis, you cant.

So from that perspective, it makes sense that getting infected boosts you.

My only question to BHVR is why not apply an health state AND infection state with stage 3 regardless of infection? At least stage 1 and 2 have a reason where hitting survivors still gives you a ton of gains, but in stage 3 there isnt much of a reason to. It would still prevent the zombie situation, and it actually rewards the killer for reaching stage 3 rather than the relatively mediocre distance boost that stage 3 gives over stage 2.