Why's BBQ popular but not WGLF?

Out of 10 killer matches, 9~10 killers carry BBQ.

Out of 10 survivor matches, 1~2 survivors carry WGLF.

Why is that? I thought both of them give bonus BP? Why's BBQ > WGLF?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

From my experience using we're gonna live forever I get teammates that rush unhooks before me lol

• Voodoo_Thirsty
    Voodoo_Thirsty Member Posts: 522

Then should WGLF also provide aura reading and a bigger BP bonus like BBQ?

I wanna run WGLF as a base perk like BBQ, but I just don't see it often and I'm afraid it may not be as useful as it sounds on paper.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,440

BBQ is easier to get stacks with and is not reliant on your team.

with WGLF, people can come snag the hook from you, survivors might kill themselves on the hook and it is heavily reliant on your team.

BBQ generally just happens to get 4 stacks from just playing the game normally.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

But it IS possible!

Great tactic, when the game is almost over and I've never been hooked. I'll gladly sacrifice that one stage for 75% more points.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Bloodpoint farming is WAY easier as killer, so I don't even bother using up a perk slot for a perk I wouldn't do well with.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Part of the issue with WGLF is the fact that it requires your teammate specifically to lose chases in order for you to get stacks. This means if your teammates play too well you can't get unhook stacks!

Or

actively body block which can easily get you killed.

Also there are only 6 possible unhook stacks for it spread across 4 survivors so actually getting more then 1/2 stacks is unrealistic.

It mainly just needs to be more easily stacked then you'd see it every single game.

If WGLF was like this then I fully expect to see it every game.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I wouldn't bother arguing with them, they've been adamant that WGLF is easier even before protection hits got buffed.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

BBQ is just an amazing perk in general and every killer would use it even without the blood point bonus. The same cannot be said for WGLF.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Killer only needs to worry about himself to get the 4 stacks needed for the bonus while survivor is fighting 3 other survivors for stacks. In many cases you end up being detrimental to the others and throw the game for 4 stacks.

• Tsulan

That's on you then. Can't complain that WGLF stacks are harder, when you are not willing to sacrifice a hook stage for 75% more points.

Oh and good luck trying to get 4 BBQ stacks, when someone disconnects before you hook him.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

All four survivors are competing for unhooks. Nobody is competing with the killer for hooks.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

DC barely ever happen, you could consider not playing spirit if you are having issues with it.

And I'm more than willing to not throw a game just to get and 2 more stacks, when the perk could easily be changed just to include healing into the mix or change its stack value and provide even more sources to gain from.

In other words, WGLF is inferior to BBQ point wise, due to being more difficult do get stacks with while just playing the game it was meant to be played.

That's it.

You need to go out of your way to get stacks on WGLF, that's the issue.

• Tsulan

Ok, I'll consider playing Spirit less. Since I only touch her for dailies.

Now regarding the WGLF stacks. You just said that BBQ stacks are easier to get. Which is wrong. Doesn't matter that you have to sacrifice 1 hook stage for this. Because in the same way, I could argue that you'll have to sacrifice 2 or 3 gens to get that last BBQ stack from the runner of the team.

As I said in my first message. It would be great if they added rescuing someone from the Dying state to get stacks.

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

it's pretty much already answered here many times but yeah, it's the objective-directed element in BBQ. Easy to stack compared to the other.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I am waiting for WGLF to get into shrine for a year. Once it get there I will 100% run it every single game

• ShinobuSK

I know but I don't like him. And I got the rest of his perks from shrine so theres no reason for me to waste BP on a character I will never play gor just one perk

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

Bc on top of the bp stacks BBQ's aura reading is still super useful an could be a tracking perk on its own. WGLW dose have the speedy revive but is not as practical especially w perks like Unbreakable, on top of that earning the bp gains require you to be off the objective most of the time an take up a perk slot that could be used by something like Man of mettle.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

Dude, it only costs around 1,250,000 BPs to unlock teachables on a single character (lvl 1 - 40).

That's not a lot, and you will do it with 95% of survivors too, as there is almost 0 reasons to go past that on survivors you will never play as...

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

WGLF can actually be super useful by its secondary effect, but I do believe the reason people dont run it is due to how hard stacks can be to get. BBQ is basically free extra BP and while it isnt as good as thrilling or discordance it is somewhat comparable. WGLF is most similar to We'll Make It (WMI) imo and WMI is less niche then WGLF and does a similar job somewhat better imo.

Also, both BBQ and WGLF while good perks are not the best in the game or "meta", so If you are wanting the strongest build for killer or survivor you should not include these perks anyway.

Really you should just run perks that you like and find useful. I do that with Lithe on every survivor even though it is far inferior to DH.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

NGL I use BOTH on every survivor and killer bc I fricking love BP..

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I run wglf, I don't use exhaustion perks, I prefer to use wglf because I'm a bloodpoint addict so probably 1 out of 10 it's another me.

• ShinobuSK

I know but I still take my chances of WGLF appearing during event shrine

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,294

That's not a good tactic at all, if you get hooked when the game is 'almost over', you run a way greater risk of getting killed since killers have a better idea of where everyone is or is going, and they're more likely to protect their hook.

If you die on that hook, you got the three stacks, sure, but you also miss out on 5000 x 1.75 = 8750 BP.

IMO, WGLF should also award stacks for picking someone up from the downed state, and additionally, some other perks should grant BP boosts as well for completing their targeted gameplay style. Like Detective's Hunch or Small Game awarding a BP boost for every totem you destroy, or Visionary awarding BP boosts for clearing gens.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827
    edited June 2021

I use both BBQ and wglf 100% of the time, so much so that if I'm working on prestiging a character, I'll get them to 50, and if I don't have wglf or BBQ on them, I'll use up their streamers and cakes and then prestige them, but if I do have those perks l use up most of their good stuff and BP offerings before prestiging them. Few use wglf but it is an amazing anti slug perk, I can feel the frustration oozing from some of these sweatlords as I undo 45 seconds of their hard work in 8 seconds.

• Tsulan

By the end of the match I've usually maxed out 2 or 3 categories. That's 16k to 24k points. I prefer to die with max stacks than to escape without stacks. As you said, the escape points are just 5k.

All bonus point perks and addons should award the points after the match. What's the point of maxing out points faster with Proof Thyself, when you won't get any more points after 1 1/2 gen in coop?

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Easy.

Killer gets BBQ stacks naturally by doing their objective.

Survivors gets stacks by doing situational altruistic actions, whilst competing with their teammates to perform said actions. Essentially meaning you'll likely have to out of your way to get them.

Also, their effect. BBQ's effect is universally useful as it tells the killer where to pressure next. WGLF is only helpful is the killer slugs. Make no mistake, it's VERY strong, but again, is reliant on the killer to get any value.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because in nearly every single trial you will get 4 stacks of BBQ without even trying and end up with 50-60k BP.

WGLF, on the other hand, requires you do go extremely far out of your way and directly compete with other survivors to get all 4 stacks, potentially ending up in a full game-throw. Or, you could get one or two stacks and not completely throw the trial. Either way, you're probably only going to end up with anywhere between 15-40k points.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,270

it should be but dev already changed we're gonna live forever few months ago. they ironically weakened the perk by removing ability to gain stacks from saving survivors from trappers traps and than decided to weaken soul guard for the we're gonna live forever+soul guard exploit that they manufactured with we're gonna live forever change.

all that survivors asked for regarding wglf was to be able stack the perk easier without suicide into the killer. go figure.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,937

Funnily enough they wrote this in the patch notes when changing the Perk.

- Added new ways to get Tokens.

- Saving a Survivor by dropping a pallet onto the Killer.

- Saving a Survivor by blinding the Killer.

Those things gave Tokens already before they added that into the description.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

We're gonna live forever needs to be changed to 20% bonus for each gen completed whilst still alive to become more like bbq in my opinion. If they want it to be the same as the killers then it could show the aura but they have dark sense, think that's the perk, for that.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

People says it's harder for stacks but let's me real most survivors use meta perks instead. Hardly any killer uses bbq for aura unless its certain killers but you can still get very little use from the aura. Honestly bp should just be doubled and these perks should be changed

• dirtsmell
    dirtsmell Member Posts: 46

When I'm feeling the need for BP fast - such as now when I'm trying to prestige my new main and love of my life Jill - I run WGLF and Prove Thyself. It feels like I'm a BP machine. I mean, no where near as good as just playing any killer ever, but better!

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

WGLF IS popular

I literally never play a game without it the grind is too huge

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Ditto what a lot of people have said about WGLF. Play normally, and you're just likely to not get very many stacks. A more effective BP gain Perk for survs would be an objectives perk - gens, totems, chests.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

You can get BBQ stacks by just doing what you're supposed to be doing. To get WGLF stack you need to go out of your way.

Consider the following: there are 4 survivors that can be unhooked twice each, that is a total of 2 unhooks per survivor on average IF it is a safe unhook. The other 2 stacks must be from protection hit, pallet or flashlight saves. In either case, you need to stop what you're doing to engage in another survivor's chase.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

You get BBQ stacks for just doing your objective where as WGLF you have to go out of your way to get all your stacks consistently. Honestly they should add finishing a gen or doing a totem as a stack requirement for WGLF. Also the aura effect on BBQ is far better then the slug healing bonus from WGLF.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

And WGLF is first teachable so you need only 30 levels to him. 1 000 000 is enough to get it. I'll rather spend 1million points than 2000 shards.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

WGLF is WAY harder to get stacks for than BBQ. BBQ, you just need to hook each survivor once. You don't have to worry about another killer hooking a survivor. There should be more methods of getting stacks of WGLF. Don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383

That actually sounds like a good idea for a new perk. Right now most of survivors in my solo games just rush to unhook, I usually repair 3 gens and most of the times we all still die.

• Tsulan

Maybe for you.

Fact is, if someone disconnects, the killer won´t get full stacks, no matter what he does. But survivors still can get 4 stacks.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    edited June 2021

If someone disconnects before their first hook, that means survivors are competing for a maximum of 4 unhooks. And if that person unhooked someone, then it's a maximum of 3 unhooks.

• Tsulan

The fact is, that you say BBQ stacks are easier to get than WGLF is simply false. Survivors can get 3 WGLF stacks in a single action. Killer requires 3 different chases, downs and hooks for that. Thats way more time consuming than unhooking someone and getting 2 protection hits,

• Tsulan

There are more ways to get WGLF stacks than unhooking. Full stacks are still possible. Especially when you can get 1 unhook and 2 protection hits = 3 stacks.