Does anyone Have Extreme respect for Charlotte

Options
IlliterateGenocide
IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,991
edited June 2021 in Lore

She seems to be the only killer that kills for someone else(tell me if I'm wrong) not of anger,revenge,religion or fun, she just wants her smaller brother alive, it feels very close to home and I respect her...

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I really do not like her and Victor. Both are ugly. But their lore is sad.

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

to me frank has always been evil, these acts seemed to be him making accuses to kill, he didn't have to kill the cleaner.. tho anna I agree with, tho slinger did eventually kill for revenge if i remember correctly

• IlliterateGenocide
    Options

there both considered abominations to everyone but each other and there mother... so i do agree there "ugly" tho i think charlotte is mostly just because she has a masculine body frame, victor is obvious

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

My bad about Slinger, he did kill the Warden at the end due to him not keeping up his part of the deal (iirc). As for Frank, its debatable. He's clearly not a nice person, but I do think he has some mental health issues (such as depression) due to him not having anyone that truly cared about him when he was growing up, so when he did have someone that cared about him, he was willing to go too far for them and kill the janitor.

Maybe he was evil, but I like to try and find the good in Frank and think if he was evil he would've killed earlier without any reason.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Nah she kills because She has to survive, She sees the survivors as the witch hunters and cultists, But yeah she just wants her brother

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

I mean, Charlotte killed a lot of people in her lore as revenge for how the world treated her and Victor...

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

No.

Sympathy, but not respect. She's a teenager who ran away until she nearly froze to death.

She didn't deserve what happened to her, but I don't think she accomplished anything respectable in her short life.

Victor saved her from a cult and she got him killed. Then she became a homicidal vagabond until the Entity kidnapped her.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Part of what made me love the twins at the start was the lore. The idea of them and the type of life they went through was really tragic and heartbreaking to me. Charlotte made mistakes, but she knew nothing more than hide, run, protect.

I love em to death and wanna hold them

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,986
    Options

Leatherface believes he's killing it self defence, thinking if the survivors leave they'll tell others about him and his family and come back with people to kill him.

Or something. I never watched texas chainsaw massacre.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I like Twins' lore, they're the only killer that killed (outside of the entity's realm) Because it was the only thing they knew, and they had to do it.

(Maybe with the exception of Bubba.)

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

Actually Charlotte does kill out of anger/revenge. She's been treated horribly by society all her life and believes that humanity should be punished as such. Just look at this description of one of her skins, "Charlotte's family had suffered enough. She was determined to persecute humanity tenfold for their atrocities." Also Oppression's quote is, "Damn them as they would damn us." Charlotte is full of hatred and rage which is one of her main reasons for killing, the other is to protect Victor.

Don't get my wrong though, I still feel sympathy for her and I think that the Twins lore is one of my favorite's besides Plague's.

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134
    Options

He also attacked his boss with intent to kill. Even though he barely survived, that still knocks him off of the 'protecting your friends' category.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,621
    Options

Actually, Frank was quite the rebellious teenager, that's why until the cleaner, they didn't kill anyone. I mean, he was brought to a boring, peacefull place, that's how he was able to drag his whole gang. Generally a bit of correction would have finished it. I do find him like the guy on "Orange Clockwork"

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,815
    Options

She has a lot of respect from me. Alongside the fact her physical presence is actually quite intimidating, she also has fought against so much prejudice and starvation, to keep her and Victor alive.

Even now, I'd say she suffers more mentally than survivors do! Survivors may sometimes die and sometimes escape, but those around them as fellow survivors change so much that they may not have time to make friends and suffer the pain of losing one. Charlotte sees Victor killed multiple times in each trial, and has to endure this memory trial after trial after trial. She's practically in a wrath-themed Hell!