Im ######### tired of getting absolutely rushed through gens as Killer.

Options
2»

Comments

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

Rushing 2 gens doesn't really mean that much for survivors if they don't know exactly what they are doing, a big part for me to consider during the match as a killer is knowing which generators to defend more than others, play for late game instead of running around defending random gens, what I do is I identify 3-4 generators that are close to each other and I defend those generators the most , even if they do 3 or 4 gens if you protected your gen line up you will have a good late game set up.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Do you slug at all?

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    Options

Indeed, spawn locations are an issue, especially the large maps.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

*Hag notates your sarcasm and jots your name on her list*

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,603
    Options

Ruin is the only thing that let's you do that, but right now it's a dead perk because of OP Counterforce and bad totem spawns.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options

I've recently given up on caring about winning or losing, I've started to run Corrupt as my only gen slow with my 3 other perks being something fun like Infectious, STBFL, M&A etc.

If I get gen rushed, whatever, atleast the game will be over quickly, I played as best I could and as long as I had fun, it's fine

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2021
    Options

It is the current state of balance. If you don't play a top killer with meta perks and you face good survivors (that know how to loop, spread and do a gen each) 3 gens will pop after you end your first chase. You will get maybe 2-3 hooks and 1 kill if you camp the last guy.

But, even as a rank 1 killer, you do only very rarely face 4 good survivors, most of the time there are some guys doing dull totems, they are not good loopers, searching chests, urban evading or they can't deal with the pressure and hide. It is the same problem with other things. Nurse and spirit are 100% overpowered, but you only very rarely play versus good ones, so it is not perceived as a problem by the most people.

So, although most killer can achieve very little (2-3 hooks, maybe 1 kill) against good survivors, it is still balanced with the random matchmaking in soloq, because you very rarely face 4 good survivor that can loop, spread and sit on gens all the time.

If they really made a working skillbased mmr, they need to change the balance too, because you would have no chance unless you play one of the top tier killers (nurse, spirit, blight, freddy) with meta perks.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

I can't stress enough how important gen info perks are unless you're a god at this game.

Tinkerer and discordance are the prime meat, but you can run thrilling tremors or even something as bad as meathead. IMHO you gotta have one unless you're a math wizard with constant survivor awareness.

If you know which gen to contest, its not so problematic to drop a chase for what is likely an easy hit.