wow did they ever screw survivors over with this one

It kills me to say this but, wow, just wow. did survivors ever get screwed over with this update. If you couldn't safety vault a pallet or window before. Just wait, you are in for a treat..

Comments

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

The changes to vaulting are the only bits of the patch I disagree with. Between those and the borked framerate, I'm really struggling to escape anyone today.

But all the rest of the moaning on the forum today... meh.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

I played a few hours of survivor last night after the patch and didn't have a single issue with vaulting.
    I have seen clips of the ultra slow motion vaults but I'm pretty sure that's a bug. I'm assuming it should be like regular slow vault if you don't hit the window right.

It's really not that bad (minus the bugged ones floating around).

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

There are 3 types of vaults right now, which makes a lot more sense then before

• thomasnut
    thomasnut Member Posts: 113

@RuneStarr said:
    I played a few hours of survivor last night after the patch and didn't have a single issue with vaulting.
    I have seen clips of the ultra slow motion vaults but I'm pretty sure that's a bug. I'm assuming it should be like regular slow vault if you don't hit the window right.

It is absolutely not a bug. I have out run and out played every killer all day and the only way they ever get me is every time i try to vault something. i even had one match where i was running full sprint straight at a window and you can clearly see the game slowing my vault down.

If you ever wanted to play killer the time is now..

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

@HellDescent said:

There were always 3 types of vaults. They just changed the clearance to make it more sensible.

That said, I haven't noticed any feeling of "nerf" yet while playing. So I don't think much really changed when all is said and done.

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403

@TheDarkLycan said:
    atleat y'all can just sabotage every hook on the map super easy now

Ain't nobody got time for that. I understand that some survivors like to just walk around sabo'ing everything instead of doing anything else, but I hate getting teammates like that. It's like, work on an effing gen you loser.

• thomasnut
    edited October 2018

I am a very good survivor. Hitting rank 1 all the time.. i literally can't do anything anymore. There hasn't been a single game where i'm not being downed do to the vaulting changes. I usually try not to be negative but this is absoulutely horrible.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

@TigerKirby215 said:
    Behavior: Buffs Iron Will (one of the best stealth perks in the game) to be more reliable at earlier levels, buffs Alert to be a bonkers map hack, makes Sabo an actually viable strategy again, buffs Moldy Oak, makes several killer-favored maps more balanced (more pallets on The Game), makes flashlights more consistent, and punishes camping.
    Survivor Mains: vAuLtInG iS tOo HaRd BeHaViOr So KiLlEr SiDeD i CaN't WiN wItH cRuTcHcArE tO hEaL aLl My BoObOoS aNyMoRe GaMe Is DeAd PlZ nErF fReDdY!

why is this so true

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    thomasnut said:

I am a very good survivor. Hitting rank 1 all the time.. i literally can't do anything anymore. There hasn't been a single game where i'm not being downed do to the vaulting changes. I usually try not to be negative but this is absoulutely horrible.

works fine for me. i guess you arent “a very good survivor”
  • thomasnut

@Lowbei said:
    thomasnut said:

don't feed the trolls...

• scarsick
    scarsick Member Posts: 6

this is what you get when you spoon feed people for so long. The "very good R1 survivors" all of the sudden are not good anymore. Bet this one said the same thing in previous patches.

• Lowbei
    edited October 2018
    thomasnut said:

@Lowbei said:
    thomasnut said:

don't feed the trolls...

im a troll for pointing out that you apparently arent “very good” like you said?

i have had no issues vaulting. maybe you should try the tutorial or something.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Or maybe you were never as good as you think you are, unconsciously depended on faults of the game, and are now, again unconsciously, denying that you now suck.
    Just a theory.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Because vaulting from a static position at jaguar's speed and agility made complete sense

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

I was playing SWF and when I tried to vault a window I went all slo-mo matrix vaulting. Anyone else get that? O,o

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

It's just one of those things survivors will have to adapt to. Can't say I'm either for or against it but the way vaults were before made close to no sense for new players. At least now you know a fast vault takes some sort pre-requisites to meet before you can land it.

There was also a slug nerf and sabo buff you can play around. I mean there's just a yin/yang for both killer and survivor this buff. I honestly don't think any of it was bad.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    thomasnut said:

It kills me to say this but, wow, just wow. did survivors ever get screwed over with this update. If you couldn't safety vault a pallet or window before. Just wait, you are in for a treat..

Remember, you chose to play as the weak role in this asymmetrical game. As a member of a team of 4 you are supposed to have 1/4 of the power the killer has. Survivors were made to be weak, perhaps now we're finally heading in the right direction.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    PS nerf Sweater boi.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@thomasnut said:

Survivors always told us to quit after the slightest survivor nerfs. The amount of complanis regarding the exhaustion change..... lul

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Hrmmm maby just maby this is a swf nurf shadow patched i mean if solos are doing ok but shocker a swf player slows down seems like a very fair balance you want to farm points on friends then you got your wish and swf is now fwf or could simply be a bug/the distance times have changed and you refuse to go through the trial and error in order to nail them i mean I've seen loopers avoiding corner vaults because they cant fast vault anymore abd ive been nailing hatchets with all the messes ups just keep playing and you will eventually hit the right moment
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    I think this is hillarious, I have not changed my play style at all since I started playing the game on the PS4 almost a year ago.  The only thing that has changed is that I have gotten better at it. I get to Rank 1, while some of the people that I play with quite often, are struggling.  I never play toxic, and I have a blast playing as Hag much of the time.

if you are having trouble with the game now, then were you really a good player? Or were you just good at using mechanics that were never intended to be used in the way that you were using them?  I deplore cheaters, so I have no sympathy for those who are now all of a sudden having trouble. Maybe I should use a quote that many of you have been so kind to use against others, “Learn 2 play!”
  • TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@Dreamnomad said:
    Iron Will was "meh" perk before and a "meh" perk now.

Mhm. Iron Will is a meh perk. It's such a meh perk that every high ranked Streamer swears by it as one of the best stealth perks in the game and it is consistently ranked as an A+ tier perk in tier lists.
    But no you're right. Super meh perk. I'd rather have Left Behind; now that #########'s OP. A whole 22% faster repair speed!

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@RuneStarr said:

The change also made it sound like you had a very short time frame to hit the vault button like basically as soon as it appears otherwise it's a slow vault even if you ran up to it, but only seems to be non pallet vaults.

• DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:
    Behavior: Buffs Iron Will (one of the best stealth perks in the game) to be more reliable at earlier levels, buffs Alert to be a bonkers map hack, makes Sabo an actually viable strategy again, buffs Moldy Oak, makes several killer-favored maps more balanced (more pallets on The Game), makes flashlights more consistent, and punishes camping.
    Survivor Mains: vAuLtInG iS tOo HaRd BeHaViOr So KiLlEr SiDeD i CaN't WiN wItH cRuTcHcArE tO hEaL aLl My BoObOoS aNyMoRe GaMe Is DeAd PlZ nErF fReDdY!

why is this so true

"buffs: iron will. just like noed. and just like noed this means nothing to anyone who has tier 3 of the perk, so changing 1 version of something to make it like another version that already exists......isn't a buff. buffs alert? u act like bitter murmur isn't the same as alert, it's actually a stronger version of it that occurs less often, so what's your point again? sabo viable? considering how close the hooks still are/how many there are? nah. run hangmans trick if it's such an issue. moldy oak was "reworded" lol it has the exact same effect. more pallets on the game? u mean after they REMOVED THEM FIRST?! again no point. flashlights more consistent? u mean for people like me? who've always aimed at the face/have gotten screwed over MORE by doing that than aiming at their chest? it's' not a buff, you're required to hit the face and face only now, which is what i've always done so this means nothing to me or many other people. punishes camping? the amount of forum threads ive read stating that camping all the survivors still results in an ez pip? the camping change effects 1 out of 4 emblems. thats 25% out of 100% meaning if u camp u can still max at 75 which is pipping. this "nerf" only effects no talented camper killers anyways and if a survivor is around while you're camping you're not punished anyway. nerf....lol. that's not a nerf. i just countered all of your points by the way.

• noobhunterr
    noobhunterr Member Posts: 3

I've predigested several characters and played pretty well for a while. I like the game and play both killer and survivor, It does seem like the killer has gotten faster than the survivor and a lot easier to catch them these days. taken a good bit of fun outta the game playing as both. The times on the survivor have been lengthened and that aint right. Makes it pretty lop sided to say the least

• purebalance

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

"buffs: iron will. just like noed. and just like noed this means nothing to anyone who has tier 3 of the perk, so changing 1 version of something to make it like another version that already exists......isn't a buff. buffs alert? u act like bitter murmur isn't the same as alert, it's actually a stronger version of it that occurs less often, so what's your point again? sabo viable? considering how close the hooks still are/how many there are? nah. run hangmans trick if it's such an issue. moldy oak was "reworded" lol it has the exact same effect. more pallets on the game? u mean after they REMOVED THEM FIRST?! again no point. flashlights more consistent? u mean for people like me? who've always aimed at the face/have gotten screwed over MORE by doing that than aiming at their chest? it's' not a buff, you're required to hit the face and face only now, which is what i've always done so this means nothing to me or many other people. punishes camping? the amount of forum threads ive read stating that camping all the survivors still results in an ez pip? the camping change effects 1 out of 4 emblems. thats 25% out of 100% meaning if u camp u can still max at 75 which is pipping. this "nerf" only effects no talented camper killers anyways and if a survivor is around while you're camping you're not punished anyway. nerf....lol. that's not a nerf. i just countered all of your points by the way.

You literally CANNOT double pip by camping and it's highly unlikely that you'll single pip or maybe not even black pip if you camp against a competent team.

You lose points in Chaser from camping which is obvious. You'll also lose points in Maliciousness because you're not hitting people more than the one who you've decided to camp. You'll lose points in Gatekeeper because they're doing gens. You'll lose points in Chaser even more because you're not in chases. You'll lose points in Devout because more than likely if you face camp vs a competent team, you're not getting more than 2 and maybe not even more than 1.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    edited October 2018

There's always been 1. slow, quiet vaults, 2. medium, loud vaults and 3. fast, loud vaults.
  • purebalance

@brokedownpalace said:
    HellDescent said:

There's always been 1. slow, quiet vaults, 2. medium, loud vaults and 3. fast, loud vaults.

Thing is now you actually have to time your fast vaults right or else they're medium.

• Lowbei

I've predigested several characters and played pretty well for a while. I like the game and play both killer and survivor, It does seem like the killer has gotten faster than the survivor and a lot easier to catch them these days. taken a good bit of fun outta the game playing as both. The times on the survivor have been lengthened and that aint right. Makes it pretty lop sided to say the least

survivor hasnt become easier to catch at all. in fact the only thing thats affected it is the bloodlust nerf, which made it harder to catch them. your inexperience is showing.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

@TigerKirby215 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Mhm. Iron Will is a meh perk. It's such a meh perk that every high ranked Streamer swears by it as one of the best stealth perks in the game and it is consistently ranked as an A+ tier perk in tier lists.
    But no you're right. Super meh perk. I'd rather have Left Behind; now that #########'s OP. A whole 22% faster repair speed!

Great argument. Bravo. I'm not arguing that Iron Will isn't a good stealth perk. I'm arguing that stealth perks in general are "meh". Except Urban Evasion which is pretty solid in general. Iron Will at rank 3 is no different than before. They only changed rank 1 and 2. So it isn't a big change in general. But nice straw man argument with Left Behind. You're super good at this.

• alivebydeadight

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

You literally CANNOT double pip by camping and it's highly unlikely that you'll single pip or maybe not even black pip if you camp against a competent team.

You lose points in Chaser from camping which is obvious. You'll also lose points in Maliciousness because you're not hitting people more than the one who you've decided to camp. You'll lose points in Gatekeeper because they're doing gens. You'll lose points in Chaser even more because you're not in chases. You'll lose points in Devout because more than likely if you face camp vs a competent team, you're not getting more than 2 and maybe not even more than 1.

Then dont camp like a noob, I never camp and i always double pip

• purebalance

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

It's the guy I was quoting that was talking about how it didn't harm camping because you can still double pip. Please learn to read.

I only camp when there's toxic players like teabaggers. You teabag I will camp

• purebalance

@Dreamnomad said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

@Dreamnomad said:

Great argument. Bravo. I'm not arguing that Iron Will isn't a good stealth perk. I'm arguing that stealth perks in general are "meh". Except Urban Evasion which is pretty solid in general. Iron Will at rank 3 is no different than before. They only changed rank 1 and 2. So it isn't a big change in general. But nice straw man argument with Left Behind. You're super good at this.

Please learn what a strawman is before you ever use that term again.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Please stop quoting me...

• alivebydeadight

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

It's the guy I was quoting that was talking about how it didn't harm camping because you can still double pip. Please learn to read.

and lose the match?!?!? dude this is a terrible idea, when they teabag i dont give 2 shits, and they still lose

• purebalance

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

and lose the match?!?!? dude this is a terrible idea, when they teabag i dont give 2 shits, and they still lose

It's about sending a message. The people in this thread though seem to think camping is a valid strat lol.

• alivebydeadight

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

It's about sending a message. The people in this thread though seem to think camping is a valid strat lol.

developers said it was and im pretty sure that they did this to the chaser emblem cause they got sick and tired of newbie players sending reports about camping, even though they said camping was a strat like tunneling

• purebalance

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

developers said it was and im pretty sure that they did this to the chaser emblem cause they got sick and tired of newbie players sending reports about camping, even though they said camping was a strat like tunneling

Camping is definitely not a strat and they know it. By camping, if the survivors are competent you pretty much only get 1 kill and everyone, killer included, gets ######### for points.

• Lowbei

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@purebalance said:

@DukeJukem said:

@alivebydeadight said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

why is this so true

Camping is definitely not a strat and they know it. By camping, if the survivors are competent you pretty much only get 1 kill and everyone, killer included, gets ######### for points.

camping is a strat and usually gets at least 2 kills, if not more. this “you wont win” if you camp is a lie invented by survivormains.

i have some swf quadkill screenshots (the best kind) in my steam screenshots, all from camping.