Framerate issues after new bugfix patch

Options
Bjario
Bjario Member Posts: 313

My game has been almost unplayable after this new patch, I keep getting massive fps spikes out of nowhere. Is this happening to anyone else? (More than usual lol)

I play on PC btw.

Comments

• Bjario
    Bjario Member Posts: 313
    Options

Yeah, everything is running smoothly and out of nowhere I'm running at like 10 fps for a solid 15 seconds and then it goes back to normal. I thought it was my pc at first, but everything seems to be running fine expect for dbd :(

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Wait they messed it up again? You have got to be kidding me. 🤦‍♂️

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483
    Options

Yeah, i've been experiencing this too. My FPS drops to like 20-30fps for like 3-4 seconds, happens about like once a minute or every 90 seconds. Didn't have this issue before this update.

• imabot
    imabot Member Posts: 43
    Options

Go to DBD steam launch options and add "-dx12 -high -preload". Thank me later!

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,711
    Options
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

So now we need a bugfix... for a bugfix. Amazing.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,744
    Options

Yep. They didn't fix a thing.

• NoObzBoiYT
    NoObzBoiYT Member Posts: 198
    Options

i play on switch and the game was actually fine for the most part in my play session

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    Options

These are placebo, please don't mislead people. I have a Ryzen 5 5600x and 3060 Ti, still experiencing performance issues after the hotfix today.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I haven't played the game yet today but I know that before the RE DLC my game was getting frame drops at least (and usually only) once per session: I could play for several hours and at some point, usually earlier than later, my game would turn into a slideshow for anywhere between ten and forty seconds. After the RE launch that issue disappeared.

Again, please note that I haven't played since the hotfix that arrived (to my understanding) today. My PC is pretty decent so if I can join the list of those who can confirm framerate issues, I will come back here and do so.

• imabot
    imabot Member Posts: 43
    Options

Not really placebo, Hadn't I noticed a difference, I wouldn't have recommended it to other players. My FPS is usually around 120, but it would constantly drop 20 / 30 frames and then back up to 120 with some stuttering, after I set those launch options, my FPS is rock solid 120, smooth as butter, and I could play for hours without it dropping one single frame.