Perhaps there's something larger than the entity?

Options
AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,986

Bear with me here;

We all know the entity and the trials and the like, but I've had a thought; what if there is some, for lack of a better word, larger entity?

We knew already that the fog does not follow the entity's rules to the letter, and indeed both survivors and killers can manipulate it, whether reading the memories stored within (the observer), alter the very fabric of (the entity's) reality (Vigo), or even hide from the entity's eyes (both, though I also have a theory the entity lets them live).

However, since the fog is presumably part of the entity, what gives simple people the ability to manipulate it in such a large capacity and still stay hidden? The only thing I can think off is the fog doesn't belong to the entity, or in the very least doesn't come from it. The fog could be it's very own entity within the entity, and is doing simply what it wants, or is not even sentient and just takes commands from whoever figures out how it works.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,816
    Options

I always wondered about the Entity being less intelligent than we give it credit for - like it's manipulations and focuses on fear is more a passive effect that manipulates the mind, more than a strong consciousness. The characters' minds are used against them.

Also, I have a head-cannon idea that the Entity gives an impression that it's high and mighty to those trapped within, but there is a bigger role to play - as if these realms are a tiny part of something bigger. There's a podcast called The Magnus Archives, and this game actually fits ridiculously well with the post-collapse world; archivist, damnation and all!

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I think it can be both, the entity acts all right and mighty but it doesn't always foresee everything and we also don't give it to much credit. I keep seeing post about how michael and ph don't respect the entity and are going to starve it but at the end of the day they are just 2 out of 24 I think? Anyway I think I'm getting off-topic, I just think it's funny when people mention that.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,816
    Options

Myers is quite happy doing his thing, and although the Entity doesn't control him, he's quite chilled to do whatever because it involves pain and death, so his disobedience is little more than: "Yeah, I'm gonna kill that guy my way today". Minor, in the grand scheme of things.

Pyramid Head is more troublesome, since he's a part of Silent Hill that's governed by a mythical Sun Goddess that also feeds on emotions - more specifically fears, hopes and guilt. Even the Silent Hill map is heavily chained; either linking the 2 deities, or an attempt by the Entity to hold on to this creation - so embued with power is Silent Hill. The survivor can control the Entity for a brief moment, and Pyramid Head pretty much carves, damages and steals from the Entity, nevermind what psychologically it is doing to everything around!

The Entity is powerful in the cosmic scheme of things, but even when it has some difficulty with beings less independantly powerful (The Huntress and her Beast Of Prey perk; Rin Yamaoka's rage), then it makes me think it's definitely not an almighty God - more an intensly powerful and cosmically destructive parasite.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Bruh there are a LOT of killers we don't know there aren't just the ones we have rn, So 2 is very little There might be thousands of killers tbh

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Yeah, thousands with a few who disobeys, i don't think the entity woupd starve with killers disobeying

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Yep just throw them in the void or kill them and you're done