DBD dropped the ball with the pride month celebration

2»

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Tbf a bi male who's been with a guy + a girl, probably someone who's trans, and maybe enby (just use they/them for all pronouns in Bio, easy) or ace. Like, for ace rep you can easily go "CHARACTER had never really experienced the same attraction as everyone around her but she played along. Better to fit in fawning over cute guys than be bullied, she thought.". Two lines about her teenage years which can flow into a character theme of wanting to fit in and be helpful- perhaps volunteering for charities? Have perks based around being cooperative and wanting to fit in- maybe a perk that gets a bonus effect if someone else on the team runs another perk as you?

I'm just bouncing ideas while I walk home but it shouldn't be too strenuous, can just be a couple characters who are lgbt+, and obviously they don't all need to be at once either.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Just to highlight some positive representation in the game. BHVR has done a decent job at implementing BIPOC characters into the game. 9/17 original survivors are BIPOC, and a lot of them are some of the most interesting and complex characters of the whole roster. They also used Jane’s experience with racism in her tome lore, as an effective way to tell us more about her, and why she is the way she is. The same success can be achieved with LGBTQ+ characters.

Claudette, Jake, Feng, Adam, Jane, Yui, Zarina, Elodie, and Yun-Jin are the 9 for anyone curious.

• WexlerWendigo
    edited June 2021

BIPOC is black, indigenous, and people of colour

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    edited June 2021

Companies are part of social life. They have to interest commune problems. I have no business with companies that are disconnected from society.

There are hunger problems in Africa. So many countries have civil wars. Racism against black people is still a big problem. Women can still be bullied. LGBT+ people are still in dang some countries (even is USA).

So yea companies also have to do something. I am not saying, they have to finish this because they can not. But they can be the voice for them. I am glad DbD will have gay character.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Don’t forget the killers though. It would be wrong to have this good representation only for the survivor side and have all killers be white heterosexual males after all.

We have Wraith, Doctor, Hag, Legion(Joey), Spirit, Oni, Trickster

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited June 2021

I hate to say it, because I like you and your posts, but yes... it is entitled. We get what we pay for. When we ask for more, that we don't pay for, we are feeling entitled and demanding to be serviced. That is the long and the short of it. If they wanted to do the bare minimum, they would have created a Pride Charm and put it for sale. I'm not joking.

This is a game. We are customers. We get what we pay for. If we are unhappy, and if you are correct and they haven't listened for years, then the only option is to vote with your wallet and leave. If you don't do that, if you keep playing matches, your actions do not match your words. What does that make you?

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm being pragmatic and realistic. They owe us nothing more than what we have paid for. Anytime they do anything, even the bare minimum, they have gone above and beyond. I'm not apologizing for them. I don't apologize for anyone but myself. I've given them lots of feedback. You know that as well as anyone. When they didn't take it, I moved on. There was no longer a point. It is only a question of am I willing to keep playing the game, and so far... yeah.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

As a gay person I think it was plenty. Not even necessary in the first place but neat

• WexlerWendigo

Of course, killer is side is just as important, I was just highlighting the survivor side as I believe the representation, especially recently has been better for survivors. We’re definitely due for some more women as killers, been a lot of male killers recently

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

And i’m really disappointed they didn't add Hatsune Miku yet, WTH BHVR!

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

As quite a few people on this thread cannot stay on topic, I'm going to close this here.

This thread was never about whether representation should be in the game as you can see from the OP's post - but many people decided to take it down that route and take the thread completely off topic.

This discussion has been closed.