The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killers... What is FUN for you?

For me, this is very enjoyable:

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Blindness add on with knockout? Not even boop will save these survivors

• DerZuntor
    DerZuntor Member Posts: 293

This, but you could switch the talisman with topknot.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

An evenly matched game with proper Matchmaking is fun to me as Killer.

Having a rank 1 sweaty and a rank 16 meg-head in the same game is annoying for all sides.

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

This is what I play the most, swapping out BBQ depending on challenge or what the lobby looks like. I don't really camp and tunnel. Just see survivor, chase survivor. I love going against "bully squads" that try to body block me while I'm carrying a survivor.

And when a survivor jumps in a locker to avoid my chainsaw and then hops out.........

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Just slugged all 4 at same time until 1% HP, including the TOXIC flashlight clicker...

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102

this

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Haunted Grounds, Surge, Ruin, and Devour Hope, on spirit with mother daughter ring and yakuyoke amulet, what I call an all-or-nothing build

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

These days it is pulling a Bully Squad. I consider that my birthday come early. I can be as mean as I want to be and really educate them on why their weird hobby is a foolish venture, i.e. you never know who you are actually going to get.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674

Corrupt, Discordance, Overcharge, Nurse's - Consistency perks

Star-struck, Unnerving Presence, Blood Hound, PWYF, Dragons Grip - Fun perks

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I ran that build on pig with third seal instead of sloppy once. Idk if I'd call it fun, I had 2 dead and 2 disconnected at 5 gens so I felt kinda bad

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

The most satisfying thing is putting bully squads in their place. The worst is them putting me in my place😂

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

You sadist. Lol. I currently am starting to get addicted to perks that make endgame viable (including Blood Warden memes). Once the bloodweb starts cooperating with me, I might want to make an early/endgame hybrid build with lethal pursuer, corrupt, Bittur Murmur, and No Way out.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I tend to gravitate towards the Killers that feature the most intense version of whatever they're good at... with the exception of raw power. That doesn't interest me, but most other things do.

Stealth? I'll take Myers who has permanent undetectable until I end it.

Traps? Yes please. I'll take Trapper who's got the most lethal traps in the game.

Do I want to be good in 1v1 chases this game? Give me Deathslinger, who's pretty much terrible at anything else.

Do I want to slowly grind the Survivors down with game delay and great 1v4? I'm going to play as Legion.

Do I just want to be fast? Give me my boy Blight.

Then there's my current obsession, Trickster. Possibly the most relentless killer in the game.

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192

I love double engravings as both killer and survivor.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Iron Maiden is pretty useless on Bubba.

Even if people jump into the locker to avoid the chainsaw,just crash into it and spam the grab button.

The timing on jumping out of the locker without getting grabbed is INSANELY hard as survivor

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,430
    edited June 2021

Well, most people here seem to be going for builds, so I would like to share one:

And right now you are probably thinking:

"General, this is the weirdest Freddy build I've ever seen".

And guess what? I agree, this would probably be the weirdest Freddy build ever, because it wasn't meant for his current power.

Now, go back to the past. Think about Old Freddy and how his power worked, and most importantly think about what those add-ons did. Now you understand this build.

Basically Jumpscare Myers, but much more fun to play as and against.

Edit: Of course there were countless different options for this build, I am only sharing one here.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

I don't know anymore

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

I do. And it usually does end up in a grab or they jump out a little early and get hit by the saw. But this is about fun, not optimal. And when I get those that time it correctly it makes me giggle thinking about what their reaction might be.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Having frames

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Not losing 4 gens in 3 minutes.

• Trifling
    Trifling Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2021

I find these to be quaint. I recently prestiged so not everything is tier 3... A good 50 bloodwebs past level 50

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Yes

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

This is usually pretty fun for me.

Though I have been trying out different add-ons as of late which have proven fun as well.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,202

Going against 4 elite survivors with good comms playing optimally on a balanced map. Every patrol, every chase, every use of your power has to be thought out and executed. No better feeling in DbD than 4k'ing those. Mindlessly 12 hooking randos gets boring.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

I live for a 4K. My fun is all that matters and I’ll bring in whatever perks, and do whatever I need to to get that 4K. It makes me feel powerful and tough, because in my real life I’m a nerdy lard ass with no social skills. Love playing killer, good post.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

Running noed. The amount of salt survs give me after. Me getting a 4k cause of noed is yeees

• GeneralV

Talking about a build which doesn't even work anymore makes your comment really weird to read.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Being in control and forcing survivors to play better than me in order to win.

Of course, that's not a thing any more, now everyone just slams gens.

• GeneralV
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

I'm glad you asked. What's fun for me playing killer is going on multiple chases and feeling like you can* win. And that's why killer is so wack right now and not at all balanced. You can't go on multiple chases unless they're like 20 seconds tops, you have to dedicate 2-4 perks for gen defence, and most importantly you don't know how close or far you are from losing. You can have games with chill starts and then it's like a flip gets switched and the survivors suddenly wreck you, or the opposite where the start is super sweaty but the survivors decide to give up all their pressure. You can win the game at 5 hooks, or be on the verge of losing everyone at 8 hooks. Killers turn to slugging, tunneling, and forcing 2-hooks because the game often moves too fast otherwise. Of course, not every match feels like that, but you have to be prepared to play like that just in case. If you go in with a weak killer, don't use an optimal build, and/or aren't playing as serious, you're running the risk of being completely wrecked, which isn't fun because it feels like you did everything right and it still didn't matter. This is really why we need MMR so we actually know what to expect going into a match. Right now it's completely random who you get matched up against, instead of it always being people who are on your level of skill.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

Judge me it won't hurt more than watching the tbagging dwights when I was learning this killer

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

It does work tho, but that Dwight was indeed very SALTY ahahaha