Based on the Survivor and Killer queue length, what split % do you think the player base is?

Options

Say that the ratio of survivors to killers is 80% 20% at any given time, which might fluctuate slightly when ppl swap killer to survivor and vice versa. If it's 80:20, then both queue times would be the exact same, since 4 survivors are removed from the pool at the same time 1 killer is. But we know that survivor wait time is much longer, for me in US East post 7 pm, I just get frustrated at survivor queue time and decide to end the day early. So the ratio has to be more survivor slanted. Any thoughts? Imo I think it's reaching 90:10 even, I'm getting killer insta Q pops sometimes, so that must mean that theres a whole lot of survivors just waiting to be matched with a killer

Comments

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

yeah, that's pretty much my experience.

In the day time, my killer queues are slower than survivor but flips as the day progresses.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

Maybe its an EU thing but my killer queues have been a lot longer than my survivor queues since slightly before the RE chapter release. Both are reds if that means anything...

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I would agree, however since this chapter got released, survivor queue got instant and killer queue climbs up to few minutes even in times when it was super fast.

Its probably just new players coming to check out nemesis in big numbers but its still concerning since I need to grind BP with killer to get Jill to P3 before event starts

• DanielJohansen
    DanielJohansen Member Posts: 11
    Options

My experience is (EU, red ranks, day time)

Survivor is almost instant, up to a minute.

Killer 5-10 minutes.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,646
    Options

My Survivor queues have been 5+ minutes for a LONG time.

Killer has been instant.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Part of the issues with survivor Queue times is that the game needs MORE then a 1(Killer) to 4(Survivors) ratio for queues to work properly.

The reason being is that survivors can get out of games MUCH faster then the killer as they can leave the moment they die while the killer has to wait until the end.

So every time a survivor dies that's one more survivor in queue so realistically we'd need closer to a 1(Killer) to 3(Survivors) ratio to get the survivors who re-queued after dying into a game to play within a reasonable amount of time.

So there could very well be a perfect 20/80 split but that ratio wouldn't be good enough to get survivors into games quickly.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

My EU experience is that the % are ######### because my killer queues are painful since the last chapter. Survivor's are a breeze.

• VoidGenom
    VoidGenom Member Posts: 16
    Options

Also, anyone think it's absurd that survivors have to wait 5 minutes or even more just to get in game, considering that dbd matches only last around 10 minutes? That's almost half of your playtime for the day spent in Queue, like compared to other games with team queues, that only happens at super high mmr in games like league

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

EU, killer queues are absurdly long rank 6, while survivor are instant.

Only at evenings-night the killer queue fast, otherwise have to wait 5+ min, or worse up to 10-15 min