To all the complaining Killers ( I am one of them)

Options
Feyard
Feyard Member Posts: 43
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Important: if you are happy with the game as it is now (as a Killer), do not waste your time reading this.
Also important: This isn't a discussion, idc what others think about this, I only wanted to share how I handle the current state of the Killer role, hoping that it would help others having similiar problems playing Killer.

Hey there, first let me tell you that I bought this game, because I wanted to play Killer when Im solo and Survivor, if some friends have time.
Since it is a lot easier to have some free time alone than managing to play with multiple friends (other time schedules) I am probably what most call a "Killer Main", though recently I started to play Solo Survivor, too.

Let me tell you what I think about playing Killer at the moment: It is not fun, it feels like wasted time, sometimes it's actually stressful (don't get me wrong, in competitive games that's normal, but the problem is: I'm playing this game as a casual, because it is ridiculous to play an unbalanced game competitively).
When the pallet change was announced I had some hope that this would change, it did indeed changed... for three days. After that time span: Everything back to normal (everyone gets used to the change, "adapt" to the fact that they need to use a pallet a tad earlier, done) .

Now I do not want to say anything about what should be changed or balanced, I just noticed that there are a lot of players trying to be helpful and make the game interesting again, but that obviously won't work:
1. There are too many threads
2. The same problem gets discussed ten times, each time from a completely different viewpoint (now that is important for a discussion, but if there are 10 different threads that pop up over 2 weeks...)
3. There are a lot of (sorry) "unexperienced" people or maybe even trolls who write ridiculous things regarding balance making the whole discussion a hate war (the problem here is: it is hard to define what exactly is "unproductive", additionally even people who have no idea about the numbers or the game should be allowed to give their 2 cents, this just makes it incredibly hard and time consuming to find some constructive opinions). Just fyi this probably includes me, that's why I try to not propose anything regarding balance, since I know that I have no idea regarding the numbers.
4. The community is not in unity (normally this is good for discussion reasons, but in this case it means that one side tries to nerf the other side as hard as possible, making it impossible to make the community happy, because most players in this game only care for their own enjoyment)

tl;dr

So to all Killers out there: Just stop playing Killer, if it isn't any fun at all. Keep complaining and trying to give constructive feedback, but it probably won't change a thing (at least for the next 2 years, just think about the fact that pallet loop is remaining in the game for a very long time, it actually got buffed (?) with the vacuum and now this chage is just reverted, nothing more, nothing less). A chance to really change this game: Play Survivor! If all the frustrated Killers start playing Survivor the game's matchmaking will be broken in about 2 weeks I guess, give it a month and it is probably impossible to find games.
This might kill the game, but it also might change the dev's opinion about the role of the Killer.
Until that happens: Do not waste your time playing an unfun and stressful game, just play Survivor (or Civ lol), well at least I will do so.

Comments

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

@Runiver said:
    You're basically asking for a strike.
    The last time people tried it, we got threatened of steam account bans. (Yes, not only Dbd)
    Tho it was on steam forums, so things might be different here. (I heavily doubt it)

Why would you get banned for a strike? What?
    Do we secretly get paid money or something? Something I missed that we HAVE to play and be quiet? ._.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Mercury said:

@Runiver said:
    The last time people tried it, we got threatened of steam account bans. (Yes, not only Dbd)
    Tho it was on steam forums, so things might be different here. (I heavily doubt it)

Do we secretly get paid money or something? Something I missed that we HAVE to play and be quiet? ._.

The last time we attempted it on steam, we got (severely) threatened, because a group or an announcement to regroup to boycott a game is strictly forbidden and can actually lead to a steam account suspension.
    It's steam policy, so as I said, it may not apply here.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Mercury said:

@Runiver said:

The last time we attempted it on steam, we got (severely) threatened, because a group or an announcement to regroup to boycott a game is strictly forbidden and can actually lead to a steam account suspension.
    It's steam policy, so as I said, it may not apply here.

Aight, thanks for telling me. It just seems so weird...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

Even the devs themselves suggested on devstream to stop playing killer and either play surivor or play sth else like Civ

Oh and you know sth, this forum acc is not connected to steam at all, so they can even bann you anymore :wink:

Civ is not my style, but I ended up trying dirt rally and I really like it so far
    It is a frustrating game for sure, but unless like in DBD you can actually improve and get better and its in your hand whether yuo manage the track or whether you crash into a tree, in DBD the win is determined by the survivors sadly

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:
    Cool story OP. Fine, we'll stop playing. Good luck getting games.

@Sleepy said:
    Thing is I just bought this game not long ago and I love it. I don't enjoy playing survivor and the people on this forum are maybe 1% of the playerbase. If you want to reach an audience you have to do it somewhere else.

I don't really find other games as joyous anymore. DbD caught my attention and I've been hooked (heh) since.

Devs, please, do not let this game die.

At this point the devs HAVE to actually the balance the game now that more Asymmetric horror games are coming soon. You have Last Year: the Nightmare coming around August and then you have Hide or Die.

https://youtu.be/QI5LaBXkodY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke2yDS_rKoI

The devs are smart enough to realize that if they don't fix their game that a good chunk of the Killer base will move on to something else to get their slasher game fix.

Yep. Not so sure about Last Year but Hide or Die looks promissing, keeping an eye out for that one.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

In both trailers, we see the killer win hands down. The killer is supposed to be OP, he's empowered by the Entity and he's often physically stronger and has a weapon. There is only one killer against four survivors, 1v1 the killer should win 10/10.

Against four however, that sadly loses its touch. Two minutes into a game, at least one generator is done, often two are completed, sometimes three. I can only chase one survivor, which means that the other three survivors (Who are 99% of the time on mic as SWF) can be working on a generator(s). I can do nothing to stop them. Ruin? Destroyed almost immediately every game.

Against new players? It's too easy. Against higher ranks? It's more stress than playfully challenging.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Runiver said:

Lol they try that I'll make sure to stir the melting pot and make the bullshit spill their guts.

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107
    Options

@SaltyKiller Why thank you kind sir! I didn't know those games existed, mainly because I never actually delved in this genre of gaming.

Thank you. :) I hope they get their stuff together. I'd hate to see this game die.

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107
    Options

@SaltyKiller Not the person you wrote to but still.

I was hyped when I saw Ft13 was made into a game, then I read the reviews, I'm glad DbD exists, but if they want to survive in the long run some changes are imminent.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

No game is going to act as serious competition for DbD because they lack the pseudo-competitive nature and deep progression system (that is, the ever-evolving grind and addition of new perks) that keeps the game running. Games like Last Year and Hide or Die will have small devoted playerbases like Friday the 13th.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

I am already playing killer more less.
    If that counts as strike.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

I wouldn't be able to go on strike, this is my main game. The only ways I would end up playing less is if

• A. Monster Hunter Worlds PC port is good
    • B. Destiny 2's next DLC is good (It won't be, 4k hours in destiny one and destiny 2 is a major disappointment all around)
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Techn0 said:
    I wouldn't be able to go on strike, this is my main game. The only ways I would end up playing less is if

They're gonna nerf LBG/HBG so hard.

@Setsune said:
    Yep. Not so sure about Last Year but Hide or Die looks promissing, keeping an eye out for that one.

I'mma be honest, Hide or Die's alpha gameplay looked ######### awful. But it has some of the cool stealth elements DBD doesn't have.

• Setsune
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Techn0 said:

They're gonna nerf LBG/HBG so hard.

@Setsune said:

I'mma be honest, Hide or Die's alpha gameplay looked [BAD WORD] awful. But it has some of the cool stealth elements DBD doesn't have.

Have you tried it? I dunno for an Alpha it looked good to me, only watched youtube videos tho.
    Last Year is in production for so long, i dunno... sounds shady. Being able to attack the Killer scares me a bit, F13 had that and it was full on #########.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@Setsune said:
    Have you tried it? I dunno for an Alpha it looked good to me, only watched youtube videos tho.
    Last Year is in production for so long, i dunno... sounds shady. Being able to attack the Killer scares me a bit, F13 had that and it was full on #########.

No, I've only watched videos too. Maybe, I know alphas are stripped down, but I was really turned off by it. But the trailer videos recently released look amazing...

I agree. I'm kinda iffed because of how little they've shown the entire time. With such a ... unique... style of survival horror, you'd think they'd share more about how it works. But the graphics are excellent, so we'll see I guess.

• Techn0
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

@Setsune said:

No, I've only watched videos too. Maybe, I know alphas are stripped down, but I was really turned off by it. But the trailer videos recently released look amazing...

I agree. I'm kinda iffed because of how little they've shown the entire time. With such a ... unique... style of survival horror, you'd think they'd share more about how it works. But the graphics are excellent, so we'll see I guess.

The fact that there is respawning kinda killed the vibe of last year for me. Kills the immersion.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

Hide Or Die seems to have massive potential....

• Setsune
    Options

@Techn0 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Setsune said:

The fact that there is respawning kinda killed the vibe of last year for me. Kills the immersion.

What? Don't tell me survivors respawn...

• Techn0
    Options

@Setsune said:

@Techn0 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Setsune said:

Survivors respawn and the killer respawns as a different killer.

• Setsune
    Options

@Techn0 said:

@Setsune said:

@Techn0 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Setsune said:

Survivors respawn and the killer respawns as a different killer.

I'm ok with the Killer respawing, but survivors? really? that is... stupid.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Wait respawns, that's just plain stupid unless it's setup way better like each time the survivor dies they come back weaker and have to build up with items/something they find etc.