why do some killers kill?

Options
Dangle03
Dangle03 Member Posts: 18

I feel like there's a major inconsistency in the lore with how some killers just don't really have a reason to kill the survivors. like legion only killed that one guy because they essentially had to or else they'd get caught vandalizing that store, they wouldn't have a reason to start going out and killing random people. or take wraith as another example. he killed that guy because he had murdered a bunch of innocent people, not out of some insane bloodlust

Comments

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

They are being controlled by an eldritch god known as the entity that could easily be a great old one as it has a lot of similarities to Azanoth.

I mean all of legion is so screwed in the head that they can't even reconize jeff who they had hired in the past to make art of the legion for them.

They should react to jeff but are too corrupted by the entity to even recognize him and the same probably goes for all killers.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I think they are not that far gone it's just that they don't have anyone else to talk to besides themselves, they probably still its 1996 or something, they would shrug it off a random guy that quite looks like their old classmate.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,816
    Options

Some are tortured, some are killed and some don't even need convincing! Some of the torture does enough to make them understand there's not much else they can do, whilst others are tortured to a point where they cannot really be considered human anymore (poor Hag!).

This giant, cosmic parasite seems to drill into the darker parts of a psyche; making them a more murderous being.

Mind you, I always wondered about Philip Ojomo, as he appears both tortured and manipulated. Did it have a problem with him, or see him as the first experiment in manipulation? I'm not sure, but the Wraith always intrigued me this way.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

There's actually a fairly large ongoing theory thing regarding some of the Killers without that much of a motivation, specifically the "white eyes" theory. Some Killers' designs appear to have supernatural elements to their eyes, some people theorizing this hints towards the Killers lorewise seeing an altered version of reality to make them more prone to killing.

Specifically, Wraith sees horrible murderers and/or the people who slaughtered his people, Hillbilly sees cops and other people trying to lock him away, Spirit sees her father or other people she despised in life, Oni (maybe, his connection is more tenuous and it's mostly based on his mori) sees people calling him an Oni or that he isn't a real samurai, and Deathslinger (almost definitely based on his bio) sees the people who mocked him and got in his way.

These Killers have no real motivation to kill random people, but they all have strong motivations to kill specific people and it's not unreasonable to think The Entity might be messing with their perception to better motivate them.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Some are tortured for years to start killing

Some of them LOVE and WORSHIP the entity

It depends on the killer though.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,520
    Options

Some just like doing it like clown and doctor

Some are forced to like wraith and nurse

Some to do unaware like spirit or plague

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

The entity takes people with strong emotions and the ability to kill, regardless of whether they enjoy it before going to the realm.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,950
    edited July 2021
    Options

The Entity brainwashed some of them before they were in the realm. However, there are some that the Entity admired to the point where it would actually take certain killers (Doctor, Clown, Ghostface, Trickster) because they enjoyed what they did.

Spirit is an interesting case because she wasn't the one being brainwashed, but her father was. She only hurt/killed people out of self defense and she seemed like a decent person in general, and she only tried to kill her father because he killed his wife, aka her mother.

An interesting one I should mention is Billy. Hillbilly only wanted to kill his parents because of the way he was treated and I don't really blame him. Don't think he was brainwashed either. He only killed people that tried to hurt him I believe, for example feeding the cop to a bunch of pigs alive (which was arguably ######### up but he didn't really have a moral agency, personally I think the cop got what he deserved).