The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This Event has been a sweatfest

i play both sides.

is it just me or everyone has been playing super nasty since this event started

for survivor i see constant tunneling and camping killers. I got camped 3 games in a row. To top it off. Lots of the killers are running ruin+Undying with tinker or corrupt. Killers are playing super nasty by slugging at 5 or 4 gens and having all slowdown perks. Been also seeing Nurse, Spirit & Bubba alot today.

for killer its been genrush city. Every game i find the first survivor, hook him and already 2 gens have popped. Been also seeing lots of 4 SWFs today. The survivors tend to not even heal just to pop gens and are constantly grouping up to pop gens. I even seen some people be left on the hook just to pop some gens. I tried farming but all the survivors end up running away, probably traumatized from previous sweaty killers from other games.

I dont even use my cakes anymore as survivors due to how nasty the killers have been playing today. Sorry i feel like you don’t deserve extra BP.

what is going on? Is anyone getting this experience too?

Comments

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I haven’t had much issue on either side but I did have a survivor game where an oni decided I was his priority. Pretty much left the other survivors alone. He even let one Dwight open the gate beside me while I was in the dying state in front of the gate. Once it opened he shook his body ‘no’ and hooked me on third state.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I only see farmers everytime 4 or all bring in an offering.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

I played against Nemesis and he was looking for me because i took a crown. nothing mean besides that.

I see a lot of Deathslinger and Spirit so I'm sure they are using strong killers for the points.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I played few games yesterday and it was sweatfest on both sides.

I really need BP so I will try play some killer with cakes today after work and will see how it goes

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,165

It's been about a 50/50 mix in my experience. Funny enough, I've had way better luck with nice killers letting survivors survive than I have with survivors not gen rushing me.

I don't know if that's just blind luck (or unluck when I'm the killer) or what for me. As a killer, I have yet to put someone on their Death Hook so I'm at least trying to do my part to have everyone get lots of BP (though this might be why survivors are flying through so quickly in that I'm not trying very hard so not a ton of pressure is being put on gens). It would be nice if others did it too but I do not expect going in for others to change what they're doing for the event.

• sensovsky
    sensovsky Member Posts: 102

it's really easy to give survivor hatch/not tunnel than "just don't do gens lol" imo

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

just farmers and frames drops in ps4....

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

If you see a gen not being worked on thats 75% do you leave it and work on a new one? Cause thats every bit as easy as not tunneling

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

With BBQ even more. Lets hope people will use cakes a lot

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I had the best games in a long time since the event started.

Desecent survivors, no bad manner even thou they stomped me and I still get bloodpoints. Also no camping, no tunneling on the Killer side. Has been fun so far.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,165
    edited July 2021

It's not just "don't do gens".

During this event as a survivor, I will wander around and do totems. I run Bond so if someone is injured, I will seek them out. I won't work on a gen alone as I'll seek out other survivors (cause again, running Bond) to get that sweet sexy coop objective BP for working on a gen with people (significantly slowing the game down since that's just one gen instead of two being popped). Hell, I'll seek out the killer if we're really flying through just to get some chase in.

There are plenty of things I can do as a survivor to slow the game down and give us all wonderful BP. If it's clear the killer is just sweat fest kill time, I'll go back to normal play and just try my best to escape as if it were a normal game.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I wouldn't say nasty but every game has definitely felt sweaty, especially when I've been playing killer.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

You kind of answer your own question in your post. Both sides come in prepared to do battle, neither sides know what the intensity of the other side will be. So both start off sweating, and well, you have said results.

I wish we could all find some common ground during these events. I don't want farming games, that is boring as #########. But if one side is killing it, can't we take our foot of the gas for a bit and let the other side get some points.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I thought people would just be helping other people during this event. In my killer games I'm just playing with the survivors and letting them get the crowns if they need the crowns

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

I just had a game against leather face, 2 other survivors brought in cake. Him and his stupid chainsaw wouldn’t even let us get 1 gen on midwife (which I dislike as map anyway). Killer didn’t bring in a cake but reaped the benefits from the survivors whilst also giving us dire BP. What a waste of a cake that is hard to come by. Feels really bad.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

If you were playing Meg, had another Meg and two Feng Min's in your game, it was fun playing with you last night

Because I was in that game as one of the Fengs (i try giving everyone in my games a GG) also sorry you couldn't get the experience you were looking forwards to, I understand not everyone likes to farm and I wish you luck with future games

• bsloth87
    bsloth87 Member Posts: 35

I got face camped on most of my games yesterday, and it was really bad if they saw me glowing. I met a couple people, and hit that 4 person SWF to get some wins in. I ended up with quite a few crowns after I started playing with people other than randoms. I don’t know if I ever want to go back to playing with randoms after last night.

• bsloth87
    bsloth87 Member Posts: 35

Most killers I’ve played against aren’t even burning cakes. It will be all four survivors with cakes, and a killer with a mori. Have you put any points into a killer? I put a million into Meg, and got 16 cakes. Half a million into Myers, and sitting at more than twice that amount. I had blood webs with him that had 3 cakes at a time on it. I was lucky to get one every other web with Meg unless I also got an uncommon mystery box as well. Make sure you get those if you see them. As far as I can tell they all have cake in them(just the uncommon).

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

I get a cake about every 6 blood webs on survivors. Had a fair few out of mystery boxes. A ton of flashlights though… great to use on controller on console…. Not. I’d probably end up pointing it at a wall 😂

just about to put bp in to a killer for more cakes and play as killer for the remainder of the event

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i just play normal with the exception of trying to unlock crowns.

also, if you're the last person alive and you got a crown on you i let you live.

i know how much it sucks when you cant unlock it, so while i still dont want to lose / farm every game i can at least let one have it.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

This is what happens when bhvr doesn't fix the BP economy outside of events. Event, Blood rush , Blood hunt, rift challenges...all band-aids for a bigger problem that is gaining bp normally.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

That is quite nice and kind. But, it can be boring for killers that enjoy a more competitive game. However it would be nice if there was some middle ground

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

They shouldn't camp and/or Slug everyone as soon as possible if they want BP.

Just saying.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Yeah, it's been a nasty sweat fest on both sides.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

On the first day of anything in this game, people play really aggressively. It'll calm down in a couple of days, once the worst people all have their crowns.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like I'm being constantly targetted everytime I grab a crown.

Like the moment I glow, the Killer stops chasing after everyone else and goes for me to make sure I am dead.

Like what the #########? You're playing DEMOGORGON! You can't even get the Crown, why are you upset?

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Each time I play Killer, I hook everyone twice and let them leave then. I'm trying to play a normal game, but letting a chance for Survivors to get a Crown.

I could kille licensed Survivors or the ones with a 5th anniversary crown, but if I let one leaving, everyone else leave too.

Except if no one goes for the save... My very first match in the Raccoon City map? Hooked one guy, went to the oppositde side, hooked a second one, went to the middle, hooked a third... And I was like: wait, no one saved while I was in a chase miles away from the hook?

• Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130

Just the usual bad teammates (seriously who camps hatch and lets two people die when the gens are already ######### done) and some occasional farmers as survivor.

Killer has been sweaty but that's not unique to the event.