Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Ah yes event behavior is back.

KeiOrtem
KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252

The 4th year was my first ever anniversary event and I actually enjoyed it a lot. However I saw some of the worst behavior in the world when it came to both survivors and killers and now I'm seeing it start back up again.

Had a killer slug everyone and then let them bleed out till the last second so he still got his stacks during a 5 cake game.

Saw a survivor take the 5th year crown from a killer even though the survivor already had their 5th year crown before furiously tbagging then DCing.

Had a survivor spam lockers because they didnt get to a chest first and get the event item that was in it.

and finally had a killer go after a poor girl all match simply because she had the glowing flecks around her(the rest of us ended up dying for her so she could get her crown as we were playing and licensed characters and to just spite the killer)

For some reason, events like this seem to print out the worst in most people. Usually whenever I play killer and I see a survivor that isnt licensed/doesnt have their 5th year crown. I tend to just 2 hooks them, let them get their crown and escape. The others I will let them get their points and then kill them since they cant get said crowns. I understand why the devs kept it so survivors have to escape so they cant just collect the crowns then kill themselves on hook but hopefully next year the devs can find a better way to make things easier on the players.(maybe they have to complete 1-2 gens etc)

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

As a killer during these events I actually just kill licensed survivors and 2 hook regular survivors.

I do get upset when licensed survivors get the crown before non licensed.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

Unfortunately some people see a fun event and decide "Yes, this is the time to be a complete tosser"

Like...if you don't want to be nice, I understand. It's still DBD, you still have things to do as a killer/survivor, if you want to just play normal and get your normal points and let the chips fall where they fall, I absolutely understand that

But there does seem to be people who specifically go out of their way to ruin events like this. Unfortunately that's just some people's nature to be complete dickweeds. Not a whole lot you can do about it except try not to let it get to you and not take it out on the next group of strangers you play with.

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

I’ve been running a licensed character a lot of games just to take the heat off regulars so they can get a crown. Just seen so many face campers/ tunnellers going after only people with glow. As a newbie killer I’ve let regular survivors with glow go just for a break. We both get points, I learn a little about chases/ killer movements/ loops from a killer perspective etc

its extra rough on console with the performance issues as well so I’d like to see them just given a little more slack

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

Yeah it's the same every year and I don't get the fun of it. Why would you bring a build and a plan to prevent others getting a crown and deny as many bp as you can. I've had so many unfun games as survivor yesterday I switched to killer which is way more relaxed. It's extremely easy to grant someone else a crown or a few more bp without throwing the entire game. But I guess I missed the memo and the dbd olympics have started or something.

• KeiOrtem
    KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252

Ya I completely agree and understand, I just wish that BHVR had done something to try and combat this type of behavior(lol) during events. I know that there probably wouldn't be much that they can do but there is some small things. Like make it so survivors actually have a better chance of keeping crowns and they dont just have to escape. Due to the fact that people have to escape to keep their crowns, it tends to affect their actions as well. I've see people that can be totally selfish and only look for crowns the first 20 min of the match and then hide in the basement with a key that they swapped to at the last second in the lobby, leaving the game essentially a 3v1.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

Meanwhile i have been engaged in Operation: Aniversameme for the better part of most of the event and i've been having a lot of fun and success, somehow

Not everyone is playing like a dick, i encourage you to also not play like a dick

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Had a killer bring an ebony mori and DC'd after only getting 2 hooks and 1 gen remaining.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I've been really lucky to have chill games for the most part, many of which ended up in friendly farming with 4 or so cakes. Then again, I've only been playing Killer today, so that might be why. Only had to deal with one sweat-squad, everyone else was happy to take it easy, explore the new map when we got it and so on.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I've mostly been playing survivor and yesterday wasn't great, as in multiple vpn spirits and killers doing their best to get everyone slugged at 5 gens. Today was good, killers going easier after a dc, two of them apologised for tunnelling me (although they hadn't? but sure no worries). There was one pig who put on midwich with crate of gears and tampered timer but that was pretty funny in all honesty. That'll be a tricky one on the new map...

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Isn't it only like 500 bp for collecting the crown as killer? I have no interest in crowns, so I might just leave them if i see them tbh. GL ya'll.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,508

Well, I haven't seen much scummy behavior, to be honest. Just your average toxic survivors and camping killers getting destroyed because they lack skill.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882

The killers were horrible... They do things to you, man. They, They slug at 4 gens, use Ebony Mori's when possible, killers go out of their way to be

to shiny survivors and to camp and tunnel them when possible.

Today, a Ghostface went slugging with only 1 gen left. He slugged the Dwight, Yui tried coming for him to save him, Ghostface was near the Dwight and had Yui 99ed, Both Yui and Dwight got down... All I did the entire time was look for hatch because I brought a key! And what did I get for leaving my teammates behind like they were just stairs... A halo for a character I don't even use. *cries*

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Literally what I did yesterday. I had about 6 horrible Survivor games back to back before switching to Killer. After the first 2 matches, I didn't burn anymore offerings as Survivor because I refused to give Killers any points who play the way they do, & surprisingly as I suspected, the last 4 matches were full of sluggers, campers, tunneling crowned Survivors.

I pick up Spirit and hook everyone twice, let everyone leave and help find crowns while still managing to make over 100k with BBQ stacks. Some people just find happiness in making everyone else unhappy/go through hell.