We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How do you plan on getting your harvesting done?

Options
Play killer?
Play survivor?
Some blend of both?

Kinda curious about how you plan on filling vials for the event.

Comments

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    One survivor at a time.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I'm most likely gonna play Wraith with the global bell sound and just let everyone know i'm farming.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

Killer.

If EVERYONE burns an offering I will allow a peaceful farm.

Survivor:

Name myself to "Nod to Farm" and hope for the best.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Farm.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@Vortexas said:
    Killer.

If EVERYONE burns an offering I will allow a peaceful farm.

Survivor:

Name myself to "Nod to Farm" and hope for the best.

Not bad :lol:

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    -Play survivor for a day
    -Play killer for a day
    Spend the remaining 12 days debating what cosmetic I want to use them on while being bitter.

Sad but true

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Play both sides and buy whatever else i want. Most likely taking a DBD break after i get my cosmetic till end of November.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    I'm most likely gonna play Wraith with the global bell sound and just let everyone know i'm farming.

Bell isn't global anymore.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

Playing killer will effectively get you the event done quicker so probably killer

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I have a fullproof plan to avoid the frustration of competing with survivors while trying to survive vs a tryhard killer that wants serum too. Simple, I'm going to work the gen and leave. I like cosmetics as much as the next guy/gal in this game, but this is not worth it. Adapting to survivor changes is enough a challenge right now. Last thing I want to do is waste time sucking on a flower while the killer camps it. lol

Nope, even more of a gen rush than before.

• Matcha
    Matcha Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Getting my 6 hooks and then get the fluff out of the way until all survivors have their vials full
    Don't really care for ranks during events.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options
    Play Claudette for two days, get her cosmetic and then farm bloodpoints the rest of the event as either killer or survivor.
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

You wanna play as both if you wanna get 30 vials

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,245
    Options
    Play killer?
    Play survivor?
    Some blend of both?

Play killer to fill my vials up since you have no one to rob you of your blight. Killers have a easy objective to fill up their vials and to make it easier, I'm gonna use iron grasp and agitation.
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited October 2018
    Options

I was wondering that at first, especially since I am chasing cosmetics over in the Overwatch event as well, but after the news today, I realize that I don't have to. I can now just focus on the Overwatch event and playing that game, then if I want any DBD Blight skins after all, just buy them.

Whatever, BHVR. Thanks for making which event to actually play easy to decide on, I suppose. :|

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018
    Options

I intend to play killer if possible. Between the last event and this one, I bought the Leatherface DLC, so I want to try out BBQ and Chili for the first time (I know how it works), not to mention trying out every other killer (because I've only ever played Trapper). For survivors, I only have blood point offerings remaining on Dwight (I've used all the other ones), then move on to Meg, etc. As killer, I am done when I have gotten the event objective completed. As survivor, I will be wary of the killer in case they want to treat this like a regular match. If the killer does want to fool around with the survivors, it won't matter to me what the outcome of the match is.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Pay since I work and have school 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

Play killer?
    Play survivor?
    Some blend of both?

Play killer to fill my vials up since you have no one to rob you of your blight. Killers have a easy objective to fill up their vials and to make it easier, I'm gonna use iron grasp and agitation.

I used Iron Grasp and Agitation in the last event as well, just to make sure they make it to the hook. Once the objective is done, I'll let the survivors fool around until they escape (or if they are willing to be sacrificed).

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    Options

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I believe there is an add-on that simulates it though.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2018
    Options
    To my fellow survivors, when I see them harvesting :

• MojoTheFabulous
    Options

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I'm aware that hasn't been the case for a long time but with the add-on changes he now has an add-on that makes it global again. Gonna bring me right back to my farming days early on in the game :)

• Boss
    Options

@ceridwen309 said:

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I'm aware that hasn't been the case for a long time but with the add-on changes he now has an add-on that makes it global again. Gonna bring me right back to my farming days early on in the game :)

I looked through the Add-ons list, but i don't see what you two mean.
    If there is something like that, please help me out cause i like Wraith too.

• MojoTheFabulous
    Options

@Boss said:

@ceridwen309 said:

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

It's the one that says Survivors can't tell the distance or direction of the Wraith when using the Bell. I don't remember the actual wording of it but it makes the sound global.

• Boss
    edited October 2018
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Boss said:

@ceridwen309 said:

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@Boss said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

It's the one that says Survivors can't tell the distance or direction of the Wraith when using the Bell. I don't remember the actual wording of it but it makes the sound global.

Ohhhhhh, you two mean the Bone Clapper.
    Yeah okay, that makes sense.
    My brain thought you two meant "global" as in: Everyone can hear it from everywhere.

I've been using Bone Clapper a few times lately, and i can hear from my, the Wraith's, perspective that the Add-on simply reduces the volume of the Wailing Bell.
    And so, from my experience, it seems to me like the Add-on makes it impossible for Survivors to detect how far away you are and from which direction you come when ringing the Wailing Bell, but the Wraith's bell-ringing is still restricted to 24 meters.

I have yet to encounter a Wraith using this Add-on as a Survivor.
    Does the Add-on actually remove the 24 meter restriction? Cause then i can definitely see you using it effectively to draw in Survivors.

@DocOctober Can you confirm this? The wiki doesn't say Bone Clapper removes the 24-meter restriction.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options
    Bone Clapper makes it a global sound queue
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@Zanfer said:
    Playing killer will effectively get you the event done quicker so probably killer

What about the queue time?

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

Gonna bring Nurse to get the real crap done.

Then i'm gonna play Doctor to ensure survivors don't harvest any :chuffed:

• Boss
    Options

@DocOctober said:
    Bone Clapper makes it a global sound queue

Oh good, that settles it.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Peasant said:

@Zanfer said:

What about the queue time?

Depends on what rank since rank reset just happened recently, also depends of time of day and what day of the week

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    Killing #########. Same as always. 
  • Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

This harvesting is gonna get killers so many 4ks i just realised