Do you think this could be a hint to a future chapter?

Options
PassarinoT
PassarinoT Member Posts: 907

Not sure how many of you read the lore entries, but this one in particular strikes me as potential for a new chapter.

Do you think it could hint at a chapter, and if so, would you be excited for a future-vampire chapter?

Do you think this could be a hint to a future chapter? 39 votes

Yes, seems exciting
71%
TheShocktorEn3ermostTapeKnotSole_Survivor[Deleted User]YoukoDito175PassarinoTMazoobiKhorzadTMCalypsoWarcrafter4NullclinesFrostySealLinkOfSerevillonxtr4mebubbabrothaNoOneKnowsNovaJarolhilapasta 28 votes
Yes, but not interesting
2%
Trickstaaaaa 1 vote
No, but looks exciting
25%
CrackgearTaigashadow3989ChurchofPigJay_WhyaskArialItzZane_FoggyJesterDanielJohansen[Deleted User] 10 votes
No, and hopefully not
0%

Comments

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

ok but actually, this is quite intriguing. "Vampires who live among us and draw their powers from another dimension." this kinda suggests that the entity has acolytes outside of the realm and there are people aware of it outside of the realm. It's entirely possible that the next original killer is a vampire.

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

Spoiler I think that one of these vampires is killed by a gang member in a later entry, so I think actually that gang member may become a killer?

• Soulpaw
    Soulpaw Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

I'll do ya one better, thats the survivor. after the entity finds that it's acolyte vampire was killed by a mortal, it takes him as punishment to relive his fight in a twisted game in the vampire's favor to enact the vampires revenge.

• PassarinoT
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

See I like that idea too, but I think this chapter would receive Spirit treatment. Originally, the entity was intent on taking the Spirit's dad, but after seeing the power of her rage, the entity took her. The gang member had her whole family/gang killed by this vampire and it sparked a fury in her that let didn't let her cower in fear at a vampire, startling the vampire, and then she killed the vampire too quickly for it to fight back

(Later on, all evidence of the vampire disappeared with his death, and the girl was assumed insane and sent to an asylum, only to be taken in by a wealthy person, can't remember what word they used to refer to that.)

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

Dude vampires are perfect for a game like dbd. Great mori potential, fun and interesting power, cool cosmetics, very interesting perks, maybe a map too.

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

Yeahh, seeing this kind of made my brain do a double take, 2037 would be an interesting take to see them try.

Right? I am not a dracula fan or anything but they'd fit really well. Although, the other entries in the archives described these vampires as not the stereotypical dracula-vampires. Also, as for the map, I believe they hinted at an old brewery for being the map, if we get one, much less a chapter, for this.

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

There is clearly a vampire killer coming in the future, but that entry is just one of the possible origins for it or the survivor, as we had other entries with vampires, like the twin mobs that face a vampire that killed all of their family, the vloggers fighting a cult turned vampire and of course, the video in which what seems to be Vlad or someone very similar to him.

I think that is the most likely killer, as the Observant has his memories, so is a confirmed Killer, has a design, voice(well, grunts) and could easily be the vampire of the other entries. The survivors could be many, from that entry, a new one or the survivor mobster that kicked the vampire’s ass, I would like that personally.

Of course, we already had several future killers implied in previous tome, like that female serial killer, so we could get her, a new original killer or a vampire killer that does not appear in any of the tomes. Given that we usually get a female killer after a male killer and viceversa, either we finally get that serial killer or it is a female vampire.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,986
    Options

This is more or less already proven. I remember there was an entry stating an entire universe knew about and served the entity, and that Felix's parents actively fought it along with another anti-entity cult.

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

See I understand the idea of a vampire killer, but again, it feels too obvious in this situation. The vampires seem too strong to be kept by the entity, maybe collaborated with. But I still think this is more of a Spirit situation, how her father was teased as a killer, but in turn it was actually Rin who was the killer. I think that the gang member who had her whole family killed by this vampire is a much more appropriate contender for killer. Afterall, she killed a vampire with pure rage and not a sliver of fear. I think that would make her a much more viable option, and a much more interesting one at that, honestly.

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

I don’t think the vampires are too strong for the entity to control or that it would need to control them (a vampire in the realm would exist in an eternal banquet of free blood). In fact, the implication that I got it is that they get they are drawing their powers from the Entity itself, it is what makes the most sense, given that the Entity is has been described as an emotion-vampire and is the only interdimensional horror that we know for now. I imagine that vampirism could have started by some cult drawing power from the entity to become like it and then transforming into vampires.

Also, it has a vampire as a Killer ,because the Observer saw the medieval city and the vampire from memories in the fog, meaning that the count there has to be a killer at some point.

And yeah, the mobster character could be good, but it would be weird to make her a killer but not a vampire, and I feel she would most likely be a survivor: badass, knows the supernatural and is said to have disappeared.

In fact, a character saw a vision of someone conducting experiments with the symbol that defeated the vampire:

Haddie closed her eyes and saw the twisted triangle symbol she had just uncovered in an ancient temple. Then she saw the strange circle slashed in half with a line that she had discovered all over the walls and floor of an abandoned asylum as though someone or something was conducting dark experiments in The Overlap on the patients. It was all very bizarre and new to her.

And the mobster was sent to an asylum, then adopted by a rich guy and disappear. I would imagine that, if someone is the killer, is the rich guy that maybe did the experiments.

"Needless to say, no one believed Candice and she was put into an asylum to shut-up and wither away. But eventually, some rich philanthropist took charge of her, and she was never seen again."

• Sole_Survivor
    Sole_Survivor Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

Where did you find those lore entries ?

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options
    No, but looks exciting

The only reason I think not exactly is they throw out a lot of "new" killers and survivors in the archives in those segments and only like 2 have ever come to pass. One being Blight (which had already been a lore character for a year prior to the archives existing) and a small thing that had sounded like Elodie prior to Elodie being released.

Obviously, it's not impossible and it COULD be a new character, I'm just personally not inclined to believe it quite yet. However if they did release this or something similar as a chapter it sounds like a cool concept to work with.

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

Newest tome, it's the 3rd entry collection I believe

This is definitely true, I like to read the lore but something about it this time struck me a little different. I feel like this one in particular has a lot more potential for a chapter than previous things. Esp the entry I posted on this forum. But again, you could be right

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

All tome 7 keeps doing is teasing a vampire killer of some sort.

First as count Dracula in the cutscenes, then with a lot of arcus memories talking about vampires in general.

So a vampire killer it's definitely a concrete possibility at this point.

• PassarinoT
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

Not yet, but they also said they would not add a religious killer, then proceeded to do that. So, I'd say it's possible.

I am just excited in hopes that it'll get it's own map that functions.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options
    Yes, seems exciting

I think it would be something like that, they have been mentioning vampires for a while, i think there will be a vampire killer but this archive will just be a tease for the vampire, it won't be anyone from this tome.