Should DBD be balanced around the highest level players?

124»

Comments

• 90bubbel
    90bubbel Member Posts: 87

I dont feel like the game should be balanced around the highest or average, i feel like it should be on the higher end but still not at the top, so maybe like the players who actively play with skill around rank 6-4

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,440
    edited July 2021

If that is what is winning for a killer, then they need to fix the pip system. Right now if you only kill 3 you probably get brutal, and if you kill 2 or less you see that big "ENTITY DISPLEASED". I understand that it isn't something they necessarily want to go by or anything, but it certainly doesn't make you feel any better when you see that.

But, ultimately, the first step is for the devs to officially explain what a "win" is for both sides. In the case of survivors, they also need to explain if they "win" together, or if one one can win and the other 3 lose, for example.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

I wonder how many people that voted "high level gameplay" consider themselves "high level players" too

Because my bias makes me lean towards believing that it's mostly average killer players that got destroyed in a couple of matches by better-than-them average survivor players and expect nerfs to hand carry them even more

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,440

You'd be wrong.

What i actually expect the data to show, is that about 20% of the players want the game balanced around high level. Can you guess why that would be?

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,310

It's about 60-40 at the moment though. And last time someone did a poll on if people play more survivor or killer / are killer or survivor mains on the forums here the result was certainly not the 20-80 split one might expect if I remember correctly. While the sample size isn't huge, at the moment it certainly doesn't look as simple as "Killer = yes, survivor = no".

And it's very common for every activity human beings do for them to overestimate their own ability. It's not a killer or survivor thing in the slightest, it's an incredibly basic human thing and nothing for anyone to be ashamed of unless they're a jerk about it.