The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How to counter a 4 man survive with friends group? When they are zerg roshing the hook

There's literally no other counter play except face camping bubba with insidious.

Any tips, its either that or just disconnect since there's no counter play

Comments

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

STBFL is a lifesaver against SWFs for situations like these.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,166

Construct more Pylons!

Unfortunately for the most part, there's not a ton you can do against Seal Team SWF. Your biggest hope is that they're just not very good but much of it is just kind of out of your hands.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Unless that's endgame, the survivors are throwing the game in that scenario. They have 0 gen progress, and are allowing you to spread damage and get more hook states for free.

• Iliketoplaykiller
    Iliketoplaykiller Member Posts: 352

Starstruck will fix will fix your issue.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I bring Mad Grit as a little surprise if my gut tells me it's one of those teams

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Starstruck punishes hook rushing HARD!

Add in STBFL and without an endurance effect it would be literally impossible for them to hook rush/bomb you.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

This person speaks the truth

STBFL is the ultimate counter to hook divers. Person with BT being annoying? Take the free stack from them and make them mend.

Shred through their health states.

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234

Starstruck is a huge deterrent, but that just means they'll focus on gens while one person does unhooks, usually waiting for you to only get a small distance but far enough that it's wasting your time as you come back.

Mad Grit. Iron Grasp. Forced Penance. You'll probably have to dedicate the last perk to Pop, but STBFL also rounds out that build quite nicely. But those first 3 perks give you an advantage over the most altruistic of teams. Problem is you never quite know when you'll need it. But since this event is full of gen rushing, it's safe to say you might find more use for it now.

As for trying to stop the act of gen rushing itself, just remember this. The majority of teams that gen rush put no thought into what gens they're doing. If the match just started and you down and hook someone and 2-3 gens pop off either just as you hook or shortly after, look for the three closest gens. Sometimes there's even 4 gens really close to each other. That's going to be your area of operation now.

They will try to drag you out of the area with obvious bait, like letting you get a hit and running straight toward the edge of the area and beyond. DO NOT LEAVE THE AREA. If you do, you're giving up your only advantage.

A build for something like that would be Surge, Eruption, Pop, Thrilling Tremors or Tinkerer. Surge and Eruption are so good together once you get to a 3-4 gen situation. You will get hate mail. You'll get called a camper despite the fact they put themselves in that situation. They'll call you a tunneler if you hit an unhooked person to down them or force them to mend. They'll call you trash and to get good at the game. Wear them as badges of honor. If you're getting that kind of mail and it's this exact kind of situation I'm describing, you've outplayed them and they're mad, so they grasp at anything because they can't accept the fact that they lacked the awareness to avoid said situation.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Derank for easier games.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

actually there is one other counter. play spirit

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

The answer really is to just play Leatherface. If the survivors just dive-bomb the hook and refuse to respect the killer, there's no better solution than the multi-chainsaw effect. Unfortunately, very few other killers can put out that kind of punishment for survivors who refuse to play slow, stealthy, or evasive. All too often, they just rely on the core gameplay loop to protect their horrible, lazy gameplay "strategies"

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Unless it's endgame it sounds like they're doing a wonderful job countering themselves. Kinda hard to do gens if they're "zerg rushing" the hook, which brings up images of several survivors near the hook to me.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The strategy annoyed me so much that I just play a lot more Leatherface. It counters it so hard that they basically don't even try! He is more or less the only killer who can guarantee a kill regardless of what the SWF has to say about it.

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

With the same strategy you counter a good nurse or spirit as solo. Waiting for another match

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

If your bubba an encounter this a way to counter it as much I don't like doing it is face camping with chainsaw

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

You could also face camp while trying to go for a grab if the game decides to let you and when they unhook their friend put the recently grabbed swf on said hook rinse and repeat

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

No counterplay other than a million perks

• lolololol
    lolololol Member Posts: 106

Play viable killers