Help Managing PS4 Stuttering

Options
Razorbeam
Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

Given the stuttering issue on consoles at the moment appears to be harddrive related it dawned on me that constantly recording 15mins of gameplay in the background probably isn't helping the situation so I looked in to disabling it, turns out Sony don't actually let you turn it off however you can reduce the recording time down to 30 seconds and change the resolution recorded down to 1280x1080, the theory in the article was this may make the PS4 rely on memory rather than HDD and either way the work load of background recording on the HDD would be reduced.

I've only had chance now to test this with 3 games using pyramidhead and the results appear to be very notable, the hard stutters are now more like mini stutters and while they are just as frequent they are far less disruptive. This certainly doesn't fix the problem but it certainly appears to be helping me stay in chases or line up powers.

Fyi I'm running the game on a PS4 pro on 1080p.

To change your recording settings:

Press share button, go-to broadcast settings , video clip settings and change length to 30seconds and dimensions to 1280x1080.

If I had more time to test this I would before posting this however it's 4am so I'd love to hear if this helped anyone else.

@MandyTalk if results come back positive if you could pass this along that would be great.

Comments