The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Matchmaking Still Bugged?

agonizing
agonizing Member Posts: 176

I know they said it was fixed as of yesterday, but I keep getting random green ranks in my red tank lobbies. Unless they all happen to be swf but playing on different platforms. Seems like too consistent to be a coincidence to be true.

Comments

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Not sure, I’m getting a lot of lower ranks teammates too. Had a rank 14 teammate again today as a red rank survivor.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

AlwaysHasBeen.jpg

Lobbies were rainbow for the most part today.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

The team has been informed and is aware of current issues going on! They're looking into it right now, thank you! We'll update once more information is available.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309

So I got all my survivor crowns now (yay!) and there´s a couple killers left to do, so I tried switching to killer like an hour ago but couldn´t get a lobby since. It´s been the same yesterday! > :(

Anyone else got this problem? EU steam btw

• Bluewater
    Bluewater Member Posts: 11

same. As a survivor, I can't get in any more than

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

NA Steam I couldn't get a match in under 10 minutes so I decided to go play something else.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I was just coming here to see if anyone else was having problems.

It was just like yesterday - nearly instant survivor games, and then all of the sudden I'm waiting 20+ minutes.

PS4.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309

It´s such a bummer! Why does this keep happening, especially at peak times? I´m fearful this might become the new norm:(

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

I was getting survivor matches instantly and now suddenly I can't get one at all. NA region on Nintendo Switch.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

This Event definitely needs to be extended.

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

I've been looking for match as survivor now for about 15 minutes. PC - EST.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

20 minutes i am trying to find match. 3rd time happening this problem in this event.

Did not you fixed this already?

• aEONoHM
    aEONoHM Member Posts: 208

Yeah, I just posted this as well but I guess some mod just straight up deleted it.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I hate this. The buggiest event so far

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Has anyone else been experiencing ridiculously long Killer queue times? I ready upped at 2:20 ct and it's currently 3:00... Did I miss something?

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

yeah both killer and survivor queses take ages atm. idk why though....

• Northener1907

They have to make event longer. They wasted so many our times.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,277

Try turning off crossplay. Had the same issue yesterday and turning it off got me fast queues.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Rank? Region?

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Midwest US and ran 3 survivor for me.

Its also doing that annoying bug where you can't UNREADY. You have to turn the game off entirelly.

Oh whats this?

ERROR

the matchmnaking process failed

REASON churn exceeded

whatever that means.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84

im sure they are turning on that stuff made the match slow last time that MMR and just not telling us and hope we dont "Notice"

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

My best guess is, a lot of killer mains switched to survivor and vice-versa, to get their crowns. So a large portion of survivors and killers are now at low ranks. There should also be more killers overall than usual, due to Nemesis (killer queues always spike around new killer releases).

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136
    edited July 2021

I'd say "Noooo! How am I going to get my survivor crowns?!" but I haven't actually been able to escape with one, anyway, and when I finally did yesterday they didn't even unlock.

But goddamn, they have a hella short anniversary event with a crapton of characters who need the cosmetic unlocked individually, and their servers suddenly keep going to crap. BHVR hasn't at all made this event more painful than it needs to be.

• Northener1907

@MandyTalk can we get info please? I just can not find match.

• taimea
    taimea Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2021

turned cross off... like i guess MMR ... got one as survivor ...but keeps putting in the same lobby wtih 3 other survivors no 4th tried leaving 7 times tired killer still waiting with cross off as that had fixed it last time but still waiting

45 mins latter stil the same killer and 2 people .... eather they never left the loby or dbd really wants us together forever -.-

Post edited by taimea on
  • Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

I wonder if the giant influx of new players is throwing off their algorithms for matchmaking. Just a guess 🤷‍♂️

• GoshJosh

Rainbow rank matches strike again. Green rank PH, two yellow rank survivors, can't remember other. Again, rank two here. BHVR???

• GoshJosh

Example (no name-shaming).