Why do people hate optimal killer players?

It still perplexes me how much hate people get for using tunneling, 3gens, camping and slugging in an optimal way but not survivors when they utilize optimal pallet and window usage while optimizing gen times with optimized callouts.

More or less what I’m getting at is the game will be more focused on this soon with mmr and comp getting a lot of spotlight by streamers so why hate people for it so much?

Comments

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

??

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

Because it's the killer equivalent of gen rushing, but instead of one person being miserable, it's four.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

Optimal looping isn't complained about because it's still fun. Chasing around stuff, mindgaming the opponent etc.

Doing gens fast, holding W, tunneling, camping, slugging. Those are optimal but boring so people complain about it.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Erhm, people used to complain about looping all the time :/

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

They used to because they didn't know how to counter it. Now most loops are fair and people get better at mindgaming. I don't find optimal looping annoying but rather skillful and I respect good loopers... rather than W holders.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Double standards on both sides(Mainly on survivors because they are 4 times as likely to have someone with double standards in each game)

Tunneling/camping are the killer counter part to Gen rushing.

They are both ironically counters to and countered by each-other depending on who does theirs better.

While 3 gening is IMO the self induced counter part to pure stealth gameplay as they both are one side playing to stall for as long as possible. However getting 3 gened is almost entirely on the survivors for letting happen making is the least offensive of the two.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Maybe it’s because unlike most other games, you can’t really do anything when your team is losing in DBD. You hold M1 while your teammate gets tunneled out. Do they last long enough? It’s not your call.

You can have entire games decided with no input unless you offer yourself up to be chased at 5 gens which doesn’t work if the killer is playing someone OP.

It’s not like league where you can beat your own lane harder and win. There’s nothing you can do except wait until the team dies in plenty of cases.

Of course I still camp and tunnel the heck out of people because it’s optimal but that’s the reason.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

I started playing just after they yeeted double pallet loops on most maps and honestly looping was still more interactive with nothing but safe pallets + pallet vacuum than stealth was. And I used to be a hardcore Blendette main, too.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

I think holding w is what youre supposed to do against some killers. The skill is knowing when to do that and what youre running to depending on the killer. They cant hold w forever. Theyve got like 15 seconds till you catch up and hit them, there needs to be a loop of some sort at the end of that they can use against you.

And if for some reason thats not true, if they really are able to just run straight for 5 gens without you catching them, then thats not on them

• GoodBoyKaru

Yeah, it's only gotten more interactive as time went on with a couple of exceptions (also known as facing every killer minus Blight who was released after Oni) but we're now transitioning into the pre-drop W key meta everywhere and it's getting back to being boring. I'd rather be ran on the old Ironworks God window than have someone hold W on Midwich

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2021

Because most of the time it isn't actually optimal, it's just laziness. Especially tunneling, that literally only works when survivors aren't slamming gens.

Edit: and "optimal" survivor usage requires a fucktonne of skill.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    edited July 2021

Wrong... I seen certain folks complain about decent to good loopers. I seen some people call it "abusing a loop". Funny thing some killers don't even bother with certain loops. And usually the survivors that run are the ones that don't know how to loop, and they tend to go down quicker than decent loopers.

• GoodBoyKaru

I've seen people complain about that, and 1 game vs a w squad team and they never complain about looping again. How very odd