Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Cyberpunk vs Dead by Dayling

slipttees
slipttees Member Posts: 846

In your opinion how has the most bugs?

Comments

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Considering CP77 was taken off the PlayStation store for over six months because it was that busted, I don't think there's really a competition here.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

DbD. Cyberpunk was only really bad on last-gen consoles (which it shouldn't have even been released on, there is no way such old hardware could have ever ran the game even remotely decently. They should have released a massively, insanely paired-down version of the game).

Also, Cyberpunk is much higher profile, which is why the publicity and backlash was so huge despite similar issues.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Cyberpunk literally didn’t function on even next gen consoles. It was taken off the store and was also marketed falsely so I’d say it was worse

• slipttees

That point. CP77 Hyper

This is what caused the removal of the playstation store. Dbd has as much bug as.

• slipttees
    edited July 2021

Play DBD on consoles after update 5.0.0? Many bugs, crashes, FPS sometimes is 10 or less, Various errors 402, 110, 111, 112 constantly and walking on the map and it keeps blinking.

I couldn't loop or give a 360 that the game crashes!

• Phasmamain

I’m talking about series x and ps5. They run dbd fine but cyberpunk still hits at most 45 FPS

• Phasmamain
  • slipttees

All consoles be it an xbox or playstation have the same problems! after update 5.0

• Phasmamain

Nope I’m having no issues running the game on my Xbox series S

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Cyberpunk wasn’t even just buggy, the gameplay was outdated, story was boring, characters sucked, etc. Total joke compared to the Witcher 3.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

cyberpunk. gotta remember dbd is a smaller game and cyberpunk is much larger. so it's bound to have more bugs.

got cyberpunk on ps5 on launch day. very playable actually. the game blue screened sometimes, but that got fixed so after it was a very more enjoyable experience. didn't even see any real bugs...none note worthy that were game breaking at least. not as bad as people make it out to be.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I've watched some gameplay, it seems as smooth as PC, at least on PS5

• Phasmamain

It’s okay but that graphics take a major tank to compensate. Render distance is pretty tiny too.

Im not trying to excuse DBD here though they are very close to being as bad

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Cyberpunk had a huge budget compared to DBD. DBD was expected to be a small game and it took off. Cyberpunk was hyped up for years, was pushed back several times and it still flopped. IMO Cyberpunk is worse because they had the money to make a great game.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

CP2077 did not flop, just for the record. It sold quite well, on every platform. That it didn't immediately become the best-selling game of all time doesn't mean it was a flop.

• EvilJoshy

Just because it sold well at release didn't mean it was a success. Batman vs Superman sold well the first week in the movies and look at how many people bought that when it hit blu-ray.

• dbdgamer123
    dbdgamer123 Member Posts: 104

I would say DBD has more bugs than Cyberpunk. I've first played CP a week after its release, and i have over 80 hours in it, and i've only experienced like 5 small bugs. It's still 5 too many, but DBD is far worse i would say. I also feel like CDPR is acctually trying to fix the game, with many bug fix patches. A good exaple is patch 1.2 (https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37801/patch-1-2-list-of-changes), were they fixed over 500 bugs, unlike BHVR which takes months to fix just a small amount of bugs. And the excuse of BHVR being a much smaller company isn't really a valid reason anymore, since they have more than 700 employees total. Of course not everybody works on DBD, but the majority does.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

That’s the thing when it hit theaters it made a lot of money but nobody liked the theatrical cut the ultimate cut was the better movie

• slipttees

But the comparison I'm trying to make is about bugs, that don't fix and are always implementing new things and leaving bugs unsolved. they promised optimization in 2018 and it never arrived!

• EvilJoshy

True but my point is the amount of money it makes doesn't mean it was a success. More like it made a lot of money because it was hyped up and people still pre-order without thinking. I've gamed long enough to be disappointed numerous times. Which is why I rarely pre-order anymore. If EPIC pulls their 1 year exclusive crap on a game I wanted to play I'll wait out the year because I don't want that launcher on my PC.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

More Like it was taken off the store because cdpr were offering refunds and Sony has a no refunds policy

There are way buggier games on the psn store and they have yet to be taken off the store if you want examples just buy a couple of those ones that are usually on sale 99% of the time at dirt cheap prices also lets not forget about life of black tiger

• EvilJoshy

I bought a PS4 when the shut downs started so I could play some of the exclusives I missed out on over the years. I tried the Playstation Now feature and it's bad. Sony requires you to connect to their servers and run it off their platform. Half the time it lost connection or lagged. Microsoft's Gamerpass lets you download the game to your platform and run it off that instead. Sony is falling behind IMO.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Cyberpunk was even worse because at least you can tell when DBD came out it had no budget at the time it was made by a nobody. Today DBD is a very big game and even though there are some bugs at least they fixed the game and improved the mistakes. Cyberpunk had a bigger budget and was first shown in 2013 and the fact it still failed shows it. Even though it sold a lot of copies just because it sold a lot doesn’t mean it was good it had more bugs than DBD and it wasn’t that next gen it was a generic open world game that was more barebones then GTA 3. It wasn’t even realistic.

This shows that Cyberpunk was worse

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited July 2021

Slide aside - I played Cyberpunk on PC about 3 months after it released. I experienced like 1 gamebreaking bug in 150+ hours (quest couldn't be completed). I lost like 20 minutes of gameplay having to reload - not the end of the world. I'm genuinely sad for the developers on it - it was one of the best stories I've seen from an RPG in a very long time. The combat was extremely satisfying (even if the AI was a little... Skyrimy, I guess you can say) and I loved going through all the different options for ending.

But the suits at CD Projekt Red tried to rush the release and shoved a weedwhacker up their own asses by not having functioning versions for last gen consoles on release. It completely ruined the reputation of this game and so many folks who'd have bought it didn't.

Post edited by UMCorian on
  • KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Cyberpunk had way more bugs, and anyone who says otherwise is just lying to themselves.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
    edited July 2021

Cyberpunk was not only full of disappointment, but game breaking bugs and poor optimization as well. The game ran like hot dog water on my PC, and watching Digital Foundry showed me just how unimaginably awful it was for consoles. 8 Years of development btw.

Dead by Daylight has a lot of problems. From the graphics being downgraded subtly nearly every patch, to multiple years old bugs still plaguing the experience.

I think Cyberpunk 2077 is considerably worse than Dead by Daylight, but that doesn't mean Dead by Daylight gets off the hook. It's been 5 years. We still don't have basic graphics settings on PC, and performance is god awful. Hopefully year 5 is going to do something about that, because its getting embarrassing.