We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Gameplay Suggestions

Options
Gingerale12
Gingerale12 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

So I've noticed recently with the new patch notes that the main focus of our creators of DBD is to balance and elongate the game. So here's some suggestions to make the game not better but more..balanced. One of the things i've noticed is the time to hook a survivor has gone done by .5 secs. I think that if you want a more balanced gameplay making the wiggle time faster and bringing down the time would be increasingly more efficient and make the gameplay longer as ya'll have been trying to do. Now lastly, the killer totems really have no use, the survivors have the upper hand on those and it seems that they end up not being very useful. My suggestion would be to take the ability of the totem and put it on the survivor that destroys the totem. For example, Hex: Ruin, it makes it difficult to do generators, now that hex's ability is 2/3/4 Survivors are affected by Ruin, which causes the following: Good Skill Checks result in 5 % regression on the Generator Great Skill Checks grant 0 % bonus progression on the Generator. The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing , take that and apply it to the survivor that destroys the hex, not only will it elongate the gameplay but it will make the hex's more useful and more efficient, And you'll get what y'all have been shooting for, a balanced gameplay.

Comments

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

Ruin already is a mandatory perk and almost every killer uses it.
    They need to rework the whole gen mechanic, because killers are just under insane time pressure and its really boring to hold M1 on the survivor side.

Then they need to adress SWF balance which is one of the biggest problems of the game

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

@Gingerale12 said:
    So I've noticed recently with the new patch notes that the main focus of our creators of DBD is to balance and elongate the game. So here's some suggestions to make the game not better but more..balanced. One of the things i've noticed is the time to hook a survivor has gone done by .5 secs. I think that if you want a more balanced gameplay making the wiggle time faster and bringing down the time would be increasingly more efficient and make the gameplay longer as ya'll have been trying to do. Now lastly, the killer totems really have no use, the survivors have the upper hand on those and it seems that they end up not being very useful. My suggestion would be to take the ability of the totem and put it on the survivor that destroys the totem. For example, Hex: Ruin, it makes it difficult to do generators, now that hex's ability is 2/3/4 Survivors are affected by Ruin, which causes the following: Good Skill Checks result in 5 % regression on the Generator Great Skill Checks grant 0 % bonus progression on the Generator. The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing , take that and apply it to the survivor that destroys the hex, not only will it elongate the gameplay but it will make the hex's more useful and more efficient, And you'll get what y'all have been shooting for, a balanced gameplay.

Never mind that do you have any complaints about the Hallowed Blight event? Do you feel disgusted, lied to, conned, miffed, mistreated or abused?

How many free mouldy killer outfits to give away is a fair number?

Will you be registering your discontent by only playing a teeny weeny little bit?

These are the hot topics of the day.

• Gingerale12
    Gingerale12 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Options

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    They need to rework the whole gen mechanic, because killers are just under insane time pressure and its really boring to hold M1 on the survivor side.

Then they need to adress SWF balance which is one of the biggest problems of the game

Well I know, I just think this adds more to the longevity to the gameplay, cause youre not gonna run around and get the hex totems destroyed cause it calls for a more cooperative gameplay between surviviors. And i was just making suggestions for future gameplay. Survive With Friends? What's the issue with that?

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@Gingerale12 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Well I know, I just think this adds more to the longevity to the gameplay, cause youre not gonna run around and get the hex totems destroyed cause it calls for a more cooperative gameplay between surviviors. And i was just making suggestions for future gameplay. Survive With Friends? What's the issue with that?

Ever heard of this thing voice comms? The game wasnt designed around survivors being able to communicate, reavealing killers position/momentum trap placement etc etc

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    edited October 2018
    Options

I think if you want to balance the game... Stop coming out with 3 new teachable perks with every character. I know it'll make buying the new DLC a little unrewarding. But right now they're just adding really bad perks into the game. Make your choice is probably the most toxic perk in the game. I hate seeing that one. Bloodwarden is pretty crap too. I mean... I get that one. It's about getting into the habit of just leaving the match and not helping your friends/fellow survivors. But they're just stretching now. I understand as well that Make your choice is to avoid tunneling. But it's really not a good fix. The more and more characters get added into the game it's just going to get worse.

Don't get me wrong. Survivors have really good perks too. Barely anyone runs without dead-hard right now. Which I get. But it's really not hard to counter dead-hard. At least I do it a lot while killing. Just get into range and they'll deadhard thinking you're going to swing. Then you're down like 2 seconds later. Of course if theirs an actual obstacle coming up it could still save them.

But it's like they take parts of the game that people dislike... Then make a perk to counter it. But when they counter it with that perk it just makes the balance feel off.

Oh and I know it's been talked about before. But doing something with teachables would be great. Only being able to use like 1 teachable on a killer/survivor would be fun. Right now there's no point to putting points into more then 1 survivor. It's all skin reasons past doing 1 character. Killers a bit different cause they have other abilities.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

It’s not mandatory. I don’t use it and I do fine. It’s probably mandatory for certain playstyles though.