We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

The event

Options

I don't necessarily think that this was a purposeful cash grab by the Devs. I just think it was a complete lack of understand the community and what players actually want or how they would respond to things. Time after time the Devs have shown complete incompetence when it comes to the community and anything involving them. The Devs probably thought no one would care that 6 of the 7 costumes were locked behind pay walls. Much like EA not understanding that people were going to be pissed about the lootbox/pay to win aspect of Battlefront 2. They are completely out of touch with what players want and haven't shown a single sign of wanting to change that. They have no understanding of the gaming market and what people want. This is apparent with Deathgarden. The game is dead on arrival and it was obvious to me from the start that the game would fail. It has no target audience and lacks any kind of substance to draw players in. This game is going to quickly start to die off if they don't give players a reason to continue playing. Every opportunity they have had to add something meaningful and fun to the game, they have missed the mark. Things like account leveling being completely pointless aside from getting shards is a great example. Lots of potential for progression that they did absolutely nothing with. Same thing with events. Could easily bring in a lot of players and could be a really fun time where players grind and play to get some awesome rewards. But, they miss the mark again and found a way to kill the potential this event could have had. Until the Devs start caring what the community wants and start showing that they actually care, this game isn't going to get any better and it's singing it's own death certificate.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited October 2018
    Options
    If they increased the award amount to 6 cosmetic pieces than I would not complain. 1 hole skin set is cool but what pissed me off was that they made it seem like you had the potential to get all the skin sets. This event is better than previous events but they hyped it up and then shot it down with just a few words. Hopefully they increase the amount of skins we can get or at least learn from this event for the future.
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

@friendlykillermain said:
    i mean come on the skins that were leaked looked so good did anyone really honestly think they would be free?

It's not that the skins aren't all free. It's that they hyped up an event where we can only get one of those skins. They would have been better off just putting the skins in the store and not having an event at this point. If they are going to put the time into making an event, the least they could do is make the event fun and meaningful. They could very easily have made this event much grinder and made it take more time to get the vials. Then allow us to get 3 or 4 of the costumes. This would mean casual players would have still had to purchase the full costumes at the end if they didn't/couldn't play as much. It would also give both casual and veteran players a lot to do/look forward to. Also, it would have made players across the board more willing to spend money on the costumes they didn't unlock.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

@AChaoticKiller said:
    If they increased the award amount to 6 cosmetic pieces than I would not complain. 1 hole skin set is cool but what pissed me off was that they made it seem like you had the potential to get all the skin sets. This event is better than previous events but they hyped it up and then shot it down with just a few words. Hopefully they increase the amount of skins we can get or at least learn from this event for the future.

They don't learn from anything. That's their problem. They are completely out of touch with players and don't seem to care about changing. If they care about changing or the community they would speak out when we were outraged or would interact with us more. They just care about doing their own thing and making money. They seem to only care about the community when it comes to their profit. I think at the very least 3 of the full costumes should have been unlockable through grinding.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

None of you have ANY reason to complain about the event.

You are getting a 10 dollar skin FREE.

Now the only reason to ######### is that it doesn't start till noon pinko commie cali pac time.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    The developers didn't do that the leak and community hype did that.
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@Vortexas said:

Now the only reason to ######### is that it doesn't start till noon pinko commie cali pac time.

Wait do we get to choose which skin we want? If so then I'm just fine. I want my Trapper skin :3

• Vortexas
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Vortexas said:

Wait do we get to choose which skin we want? If so then I'm just fine. I want my Trapper skin :3

YES.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@friendlykillermain said:
    i mean come on the skins that were leaked looked so good did anyone really honestly think they would be free?

Yes because previous events haven't had things you had to spend real money on to my recollection. That'd be like WoW saying you can trick or treat all you want for Hallows End, but this year we're making you only able to buy 3 items. Hey wait the others you can buy for cash in the Blizz Shop or whatever they call it.

I would be ok if they made them all free with a catch. Each purchase becomes more expensive. So the first set is the base cost then the second is 2 times the cost of the first. The third set is 4 times the cost of the first and so on. It would be POSSIBLE to get them all, but highly unlikely. Most people would get 2 maybe 3 sets and still have 4 to buy in the shop.

1 set is definitely way too low to be all you get.

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Peasant said:
    AChaoticKiller said:

The developers didn't do that the leak and community hype did that.

There's a reason they waited until the day before to let the information out. They wanted people to be excited coming up to it and let that myth/idea persist for that reason. They easily could have told people weeks ago and chose not to do it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@Vortexas said:

The only thing that bothers me about this whole thing going on with the event is that price.

Yes, i'm free to buy or not. And i already made my choice.
    They look really cool, i can see their passion put into it.

But still, 10 for 1 outfit...

• Vortexas
    Options

@Boss said:

@Vortexas said:

The only thing that bothers me about this whole thing going on with the event is that price.

Then don't buy it.

Pick your favorite and earn it.

Lucky for me I still have 1200 Auric Shards left so I get two skins instead of just the Freebie.

For my free one Debating between The Snappy Boi and Billy.

For pay debating between Hunterina or The Doctor.

• Boss
    Options

@Vortexas said:

@Boss said:

@Vortexas said:

Then don't buy it.

Lucky for me I still have 1200 Auric Shards left so I get two skins instead of just the Freebie.

Wraith obviously.
    HE HAS A HOLE!

• Vortexas
    Options

@Boss said:

@Vortexas said:

@Boss said:

@Vortexas said:

Then don't buy it.

Wraith obviously.
    HE HAS A HOLE!

True, but I like my Shadow Walker skin for me.

And so does the Doc! His Organs even ooze.

• Boss
    Options

@Vortexas said:

@Boss said:

@Vortexas said:

@Boss said:

@Vortexas said:

Then don't buy it.

Wraith obviously.
    HE HAS A HOLE!

True, but I like my Shadow Walker skin for me.

And so does the Doc! His Organs even ooze.

Well there ya' go! :)
    Choose Doc-Ock & Predator.