We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Quit the pointless event posts

Options
Swiftblade131
Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
edited October 2018 in General Discussions

Neither the DEVs nor MODs will acknowledge or address the posts you are making. (Out of either fear or laziness)

The DEVs will not change how the event will work because you are all complaining, that is just not going to happen.
This is probably the only time the DEVs have any backbone.

It will continue as normal, you will be able to earn 3/21 cosmetic items for free, they will not be event exclusive, you will be able to buy them in the shop.

It sucks, I see where you are coming from, I understand why you are all mad. Based off of past events, it should be similar to those, blah blah blah, Halloween is basically Christmas for DBD blah blah blah.

But the facts are, that all of your energy crying about how you can't earn all of the Legacy look a likes for free is wasted. And it will solve nothing.

The DEVs are going to continue on as it is all already planned, they won't change it. If you are so upset, then don't buy their cosmetics and stop playing the game. If others see fit, they will follow. For the rest, they will play the game, get what they want the way they want and will be happy.

Say whatever you want, it will not change anything.

Comments

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    Options

There really ought to be a way to reduce the amount of redundant posts. Some threads with some good ideas can easily be hidden by a slough of similar posts, hardly seeing the light of day.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Jesya said:
    Mcote addressed it on twitter and said they are listening. They see people are upset about it. However there's no use replying to every single thread about this.

But that's about it though.

"it's been addressed on twitter and we are listening, is all that ever happens".

I really realllly don't care about the cosmetics situation and how it works.

What I hate, is the way the DEVs go about their crap. It's annoying, very annoying. And one second they are one way, and the next they do a 180.

And its been years.

One big thread addressing it would be great.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

@Jesya said:
    Mcote addressed it on twitter and said they are listening. They see people are upset about it. However there's no use replying to every single thread about this.

One mega thread about this would be nice.....

Yea I wish they had a mega thread. A game I used to play actually had a tracker on the front page of the forums that would show any Dev's comment and let them go to it. It allowed people to see what the Devs said and about what. That's a big problem that BHVR has. They have forums but don't really communicate with people on them very much. Kind of defeats the purpose.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    Options

Okay, the cosmetics are not limited time. But they are only auric cells...

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Elegant said:
    No. People are pissed and they are going to express that on the forums. No one cares if you are tired of reading about it or not. Just ignore it and move on.

Because half or more of them are just flakes off of the real posts that have some weight to them, and they are not needed.

Over half of them are just crying and complaining, while the small amount as always, are the real ones with real talk and justification not blatant ignorance.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

That is one of the things people are complaining about. They want it to be "Event Exclusive" like how other events were.

And not obtainable through any other means, which once again. I can see and understand why, it's like any other event.

But that is not the case right now.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Jesya said:

Yea I wish they had a mega thread. A game I used to play actually had a tracker on the front page of the forums that would show any Dev's comment and let them go to it. It allowed people to see what the Devs said and about what. That's a big problem that BHVR has. They have forums but don't really communicate with people on them very much. Kind of defeats the purpose.

i feel the event is fine but then again i have been told my mental health needs a gofundme so if feel that i am completely wrong donate here https://www.gofundme.com/jm9fd7-my-mental-health so maybe i will be smart too!

• Elegant
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Elegant said:
    No. People are pissed and they are going to express that on the forums. No one cares if you are tired of reading about it or not. Just ignore it and move on.

Because half or more of them are just flakes off of the real posts that have some weight to them, and they are not needed.

Over half of them are just crying and complaining, while the small amount as always, are the real ones with real talk and justification not blatant ignorance.

I mean yea a lot of it is whining. But it's justified whining. It's needed when people are unhappy with the direction a game is taking. If the Devs care about their game they will pay attention. If not, they will ignore it and face any potential consequences that brings with it. Either way, it's better for people to vent their frustrations than to just stay silent.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Most of them did take community speculations as facts and throw tantrums when something doesnt go according to their plan, thats like the Spirit release date debacle all over again. 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@Jesya said:

Yeah I hope they don't do anything... I hope next time they think of doing an event with a bunch of cosmetics.. they do the following...

You earn 1 cosmetic per side. You get what they choose for you. Then they release all the other cosmetics into the store with only being able to buy them.

That makes more sense to me. Keep it like the other events, don't try to overdo it an be nicer then you thought you were going to be. Make it a simple. You can earn 1 cosmetic for this certain character per side and thats is it. Those 2 cosmetics are the event ones. All the others are for the store only.

It seems if you try to be nice to your fanbase / playerbase you get backlash for it.

• Elegant
    Options

@SpitfireOrMichina said:

Exactly. It just makes the event even less special/fun/interesting. They might as well have just put the costumes on the store and done nothing with the event. People would have been less angry.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

Maybe there's more we don't know.

I mean, someone worked pretty hard on these skins (you gotta admit, they're actually pretty awesome)

You don't give away your own paintings for free, do you? Just a thought.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Brady said:
    Maybe there's more we don't know.

I mean, someone worked pretty hard on these skins (you gotta admit, they're actually pretty awesome)

You don't give away your own paintings for free, do you? Just a thought.

Exactly!

It's a lot of effort, why would they all be free?

People forget that they are company, with people to pay that need money to live and eat and #########.

They have given plenty of free cosmetics and DLC. And they aren't even done!

So I don't get why they are complaining so hard!

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Jesya said:

"it's been addressed on twitter and we are listening, is all that ever happens".

What I hate, is the way the DEVs go about their crap. It's annoying, very annoying. And one second they are one way, and the next they do a 180.

And its been years.

I agree. I'm not saying their lack of communication is right, but replying to every topic is fruitless too.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    I wouldn't say quit the posts. Feedback should be given if a large portion are unhappy with the event, they should be made with constructive criticism rather than nonsense rage posts. Those ones should stop 100%

They're reading and seeing this. Even if it doesn't change this event, maybe they'll take some of the feedback to heart towards future ones.
    Maybe the event style will stay the same but they'll have learned how to spin it the right way so even though it's the exact same, they're able to foster a more positive view towards it. Good PR can change things around, even if it's just changing how they hype/promote things. This event could have gotten a way more positive view if they promoted it the right way.

See this is great.

But not everyone has a twitter, I hardly use twitter, I hadn't heard about this until I made this here post.

I like the Mega thread idea that was brought up, and if not that, then some sort of communication within the forum, would be amazing!

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Jesya said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Jesya said:

And its been years.

I agree. I'm not saying their lack of communication is right, but replying to every topic is fruitless too.

Fair enough, and I don't want them to respond to every thread, since many of them are just rage posts with no basis.

We need to find the real posts, with actual talk, and pin those posts.

That mega post idea would be amazing. And it would help make a single thread around the topic in question.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    Options

i honestly don't know why anyone even cares

we get our medkits and spooki flashlights back

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    I honestly hope the devs ignore all of this and stick to their guns. Nothing encourages future temper tantrums like rewarding current ones.
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

@RuneStarr said:
    I wouldn't say quit the posts. Feedback should be given if a large portion are unhappy with the event, they should be made with constructive criticism rather than nonsense rage posts. Those ones should stop 100%

They're reading and seeing this. Even if it doesn't change this event, maybe they'll take some of the feedback to heart towards future ones.
    Maybe the event style will stay the same but they'll have learned how to spin it the right way so even though it's the exact same, they're able to foster a more positive view towards it. Good PR can change things around, even if it's just changing how they hype/promote things. This event could have gotten a way more positive view if they promoted it the right way.

See this is great.

But not everyone has a twitter, I hardly use twitter, I hadn't heard about this until I made this here post.

I like the Mega thread idea that was brought up, and if not that, then some sort of communication within the forum, would be amazing!

100% agree. For being the official forum, info/PR sharing is pretty low. I only ever check twitter to keep up to date on DbD stuff (wow, that's actually sad. RIP me) because I know that's usually where things like this are posted and I have 11k people to keep up to date lol.
    Most CM responses I've seen about the event posts have been "eh take what we give you, it's more than the last event". Mcote didn't say anything about changing things now, but still managed to make it a hell of a lot more encouraging just by acknowledging peoples complaints/feedback.
    He probably had to work customer service in a previous job :lol:

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

I like how the Kids are crying because they are getting a 10 dollar skin free.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@Elegant said:

I mean yea a lot of it is whining. But it's justified whining. It's needed when people are unhappy with the direction a game is taking. If the Devs care about their game they will pay attention. If not, they will ignore it and face any potential consequences that brings with it. Either way, it's better for people to vent their frustrations than to just stay silent.

Whining is never justified. Constructive criticism or complaints - yes. If the posts were someone complaining and saying what they don't like about it and what they would like to see changed some of the replies would be different and a good discussion could arise from it. It's good to hear the devs are listening, so instead of telling people not to buy the cosmetics etc, try voicing your complaint/concern in a way that sparks a conversation and not lash back.
    (Disclaimer: of course this is an anonymous forum and even when people voice their concerns in a thoughtful way there can be lash back.)

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

@RuneStarr said:

See this is great.

Well mods could merge all the topics to 1 mega thread and weed out any (wo)man-baby having a temper tantrum. Real feedback and criticism stays and the rest moved to a ######### fest mega thread in off-topic or something. Alot of other games do this and it seems to be very helpful.

• UgyBoogie
    UgyBoogie Member Posts: 27
    Options

OP is such a good little sheep. That's right folks, don't complain on anything ever. Because that's how things are going to change in the world, if we're all just accepting everything and don't complain.
    I'm not making a statement about this event or how it all went down, but telling people to stop complaining if they aren't happy with something is just wrong.
    Always speak your mind people, always. Cause if you're not, nothing is ever going to change.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@UgyBoogie said:
    OP is such a good little sheep. That's right folks, don't complain on anything ever. Because that's how things are going to change in the world, if we're all just accepting everything and don't complain.
    I'm not making a statement about this event or how it all went down, but telling people to stop complaining if they aren't happy with something is just wrong.
    Always speak your mind people, always. Cause if you're not, nothing is ever going to change.

Don't come at me with that weak sheep #########.

This is probably the one time I am actually defending them, because people are actually being ridiculous right now.

Don't get me wrong, the DEVs are usually pretty spineless, especially during that review bomb crap from the toxic survivor mains, I am always calling them out on stupid practices, poor decisions, and over all just crappy and sloppy work.

But this current situation is getting blown way outta proportion, and it is becoming ridiculous, and i for one am getting quite tired of it. I am not giving them a slip by any means, but this is just one of those things, that I can't be completely against them for.

Never did I say don't complain, never did I say accept everything. But we don't need all the extra pointless posts that eventually just turn into nothing but crying and salt. I want the real talk, the real conversation, and not the ######### posts like what you have just showed me here.

I can almost guarantee you, after this event, not to long after, the DEVs will do something I will then be criticizing.

They give plenty of free stuff, and there is more to come, it's not like the game is dead yet.

So for you to call me a sheep, then your my double buddy, cause your just following the wave right now.

Keep on trying though.

• UgyBoogie
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:

@UgyBoogie said:

This is probably the one time I am actually defending them, because people are actually being ridiculous right now.

Don't get me wrong, the DEVs are usually pretty spineless, especially during that review bomb crap from the toxic survivor mains, I am always calling them out on stupid practices, poor decisions, and over all just crappy and sloppy work.

But this current situation is getting blown way outta proportion, and it is becoming ridiculous, and i for one am getting quite tired of it. I am not giving them a slip by any means, but this is just one of those things, that I can't be completely against them for.

Never did I say don't complain, never did I say accept everything. But we don't need all the extra pointless posts that eventually just turn into nothing but crying and salt. I want the real talk, the real conversation, and not the ######### posts like what you have just showed me here.

I can almost guarantee you, after this event, not to long after, the DEVs will do something I will then be criticizing.

They give plenty of free stuff, and there is more to come, it's not like the game is dead yet.

So for you to call me a sheep, then your my double buddy, cause your just following the wave right now.

Keep on trying though.

Oh? What's that? Enough people complained about it and the Devs decided to give out two complete sets for free? Point proven.

• Elegant
    Options

Oh boy do you feel stupid now!

• Elegant
    Options

This is what happens when people actively voice their complaints to a point where the Devs have no choice but to listen. Things change for the better.

• MakoFenrir
    MakoFenrir Member Posts: 51
    Options

Neither the DEVs nor MODs will acknowledge or address the posts you are making. (Out of either fear or laziness)

The DEVs will not change how the event will work because you are all complaining, that is just not going to happen.

It will continue as normal, you will be able to earn 3/21

The DEVs are going to continue on as it is all already planned, they won't change it. 

That awkward moment when you realise you were wrong.
  • Swiftblade131
    Options

@Elegant said:
    This is what happens when people actively voice their complaints to a point where the Devs have no choice but to listen. Things change for the better.

Wow, you got some free stuff, i'm so impressed. Like I said, 0 backbone from the DEVs, so.

No I wasn't really wrong at all.

• Swiftblade131
    Options

@MakoFenrir said:
    Swiftblade131 said:

It will continue as normal, you will be able to earn 3/21

The DEVs are going to continue on as it is all already planned, they won't change it. 

That awkward moment when you realise you were wrong.

Keep up that attitude dude. Positive vibes.

• Swiftblade131
    Options

@UgyBoogie said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

@UgyBoogie said:

Keep on trying though.

Oh? What's that? Enough people complained about it and the Devs decided to give out two complete sets for free? Point proven.

So we can get whatever we want when we whine enough. That's all that was proven to me.

Let's try game balance next.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

See, you say I lost.

But they just caved in to a bunch of spoiled kids. This will not help the future of the game..

Just saying. Cause this will become a thing now.

You have to realize that in all seriousness.

Free stuff doesn't sustain games or companies.

Not sure if you have figured that out yet, but no all you do is look out for what you want.

Was I wrong about what would happen? Meh sure, but I mean. Your crying brought everyone free stuff, so to say I lost out is a stretch man.

You all just look really bad.

Anyways, happy Halloween all. GG DEVs

• Elegant
    Options

This has nothing to do with them having backbone or not. It's a business decision. Their options were to either keep it the way it was out of pure stubbornness or to listen to the community and make changes. If they hadn't made changes, they would have lost money from angry players. There were a lot of people, including me, who planned on buying at least one of the new costumes but decided to not buy anything once we saw how lame the event was. Their decision wasn't out of the good of their heart or because they want to give back to the players. It was to protect their money. That's what a business does. You were wrong on every single thing you said. Indefensibly wrong.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

@Swiftblade131 said:
    You all just look really bad.

Anyways, happy Halloween all. GG DEVs

I feel so motivated. :p

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Elegant said:
    This has nothing to do with them having backbone or not. It's a business decision. Their options were to either keep it the way it was out of pure stubbornness or to listen to the community and make changes. If they hadn't made changes, they would have lost money from angry players. There were a lot of people, including me, who planned on buying at least one of the new costumes but decided to not buy anything once we saw how lame the event was. Their decision wasn't out of the good of their heart or because they want to give back to the players. It was to protect their money. That's what a business does. You were wrong on every single thing you said. Indefensibly wrong.

Whatever you want bud, you won yadda yadda, not sure why ur hear and not enjoying ur free stuff you complained so hard to get.

Go on now... Keep thinking you achieved something.

• UgyBoogie
    Options

This is not about you - or anyone for that matter - losing. The only one who is acting like a child is you right now. The community was upset about something, voiced their opinion, and the Devs changed it thanks to the feedback. Everyone is happy. Well, everyone but you, who is still sulking about being pointlessly wrong. Out of all those who are involved, you are the one who has to grow up the most.

• Elegant
    Options

@UgyBoogie said:
    This is not about you - or anyone for that matter - losing. The only one who is acting like a child is you right now. The community was upset about something, voiced their opinion, and the Devs changed it thanks to the feedback. Everyone is happy. Well, everyone but you, who is still sulking about being pointlessly wrong. Out of all those who are involved, you are the one who has to grow up the most.

Notice how as soon as his argument was proven to be wrong he immediately jumped to the "whatever you say bud" and completely stopped trying to argue. Because he knows he lost and won't admit it.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@UgyBoogie said:

Its not the first instance of this sort of thing.

The survivors bombed the game because the DEVs did something they didn't like.

And while not a direct comparison, its very close so. I don't really know what you want from me.

But as you claimed, you won or whatever, so. Not sure why ur still here.

Also, i'm not sulking. I end up benefiting from this as much as you do.

Sorry, we are done here dude. Not denying you got what you want. You did, good on ya.

• Swiftblade131
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Elegant said:

@UgyBoogie said:

Notice how as soon as his argument was proven to be wrong he immediately jumped to the "whatever you say bud" and completely stopped trying to argue. Because he knows he lost and won't admit it.

You keep telling yourself that. I know what I argue for. Just no point in trying to reason with someone who leaves a post like "Oh boy do you feel stupid now!"

Done replying now. Have fun man. I don't know what you want from. You got what you wanted, not like i'm denying that.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

Why is this a someone lost/was wrong argument?

Can't we just take it as a positive that devs listened to something and make a positive change due to players overwhelming feedback? It doesn't affect gameplay in anyway so it's not like folding on a buff/nerf.

• Elegant
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    Why is this a someone lost/was wrong argument?

Can't we just take it as a positive that devs listened to something and make a positive change due to players overwhelming feedback? It doesn't affect gameplay in anyway so it's not like folding on a buff/nerf.

No. When people make really stupid posts they need to called out for it and need to feel stupid. Only way to possibly get them to stop making stupid posts in the future. Guy made a dumb post, got proven wrong, still defends his post, and won't acknowledge it. That's a problem lmao.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    We all lose in the end. Do you think the devs will really put this much time and effort into an event if this is how the community will react?

Everyone gear up for another round of blue glowy eyes for the winter event.