The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How would you change Trickster?

In my opinion Trickster to play is an okay killer and to face is absolutely horrendous. He is so unfun to play against already and they decide to buff the worst thing to make him even more unfun to face. So I am hoping the devs will see some actually good changes to the Trickster that the community suggests to make him stronger but not so dumb to face.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,452

"actually good changes to the Trickster that the community suggests to make him stronger but not so dumb to face."

Thats exactly what BHVR did, do you have any idea how many people were saying to reduce the amount of knives to damage? And now every one is complaining that they listened.

They just need to make him unique from the other range killers, either make piercing knives or ricochet knives built into his kit

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,164

The knives shouldn't go away unless the survivor actively does something (Presumably something like Mend).

There are no other effects like this that just go away. Your Feral Frenzy stab doesn't just go away on its own. The Gunslinger's gun injury doesn't just go away. Being asleep doesn't just go away. Being insane doesn't just go away.

So why does Tricker have his knife damage just magically disappear if the survivor manages to loop a few seconds without getting hit again?

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Ricochet knives should definitely be base, remove the recoil that only hurts console players and give knives the ability to interrupt as well. Would make sniping people off of gens more interesting and allow for long range plays.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    1. Make it 8 => 7 blades to injure/down a survivor, aka Melodious Murder base-kit (rework that add-on to the faster reload add-on in the PTB to compensate).
    2. Keep the new Main Event.
    3. Require survivors to pull the knives out. Would make Trickster more interesting to play against with the whole risk-reward idea.
  • Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

i'd just make him have a faster movement speed. seems good enough for me. the only reason i don't play him more, he is just extremely slow for no reason.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Tricky question.

• MrBuffalo
    MrBuffalo Member Posts: 312

I'd rework him to one of my favorite Tv characters. Moe from the Simpsons, Him having 60 knives would make way more sense than what we currently have.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

That was my take. If they had kept it at 8 knives but make him 115 and add the mend like you said that would have done it. But keeping him at 110 they had to lower the number of knives.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Ptb is fine, every good trickster used the addon to make it 7hits so making it 6hits isn't a huge thing. Once again people refuse to change up their play style to counter the killer. Hes stringer at some loops than others the killers a player too.

• Ashreave
    Ashreave Member Posts: 139

Have the knives actually do something useful.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Go back to 8 knifes per hit but now survivors have to do a 0,5 sec animation per knife hit to "mend" themselves from the damage in order to get rid of it.

And reduce his lullaby.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Really? I recall people wanting knives to be a mending mechanic and main event to be able to be held and activated when the killer wants it.

• Kashi445
    Kashi445 Member Posts: 4

Make 7 knives to down, a mend action to remove knives, richochet knives base kit. Or make him slightly faster and the mend action.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

Yep making him 115%, 8 or maybe 7 knives to down, no ricochet (that only hurt console player anyway) would have done it.

People saying we need to adapt... Do you realize the fast vaulting animation is long enough for Trickster to hit 6 knives?

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

His problem is not the 8 knives. His problem, is laceration decay.

Example: Trickster chases survivor 1, gets 14 knives in him. However, survivor 1 leads chase to survivor 2 working on a gen. The trickster loses all value of pressuring survivor 1 to protect the generator that survivor 2 is working on. He’s good at 1v1, but that’s not enough to win.

Clown is good at 1v1 as well, so why is he so darn weak (I don’t believe any killer is weak, just weaker than others)?

IMO, keep him 110. Keep him @ 8 knives…just remove laceration decay or add an optional way for survivors to remove it similar to cleansing VS Plague or curing VS Nemmy. The killer in its current state has no incentive to swap targets when needed…as the majority of decent killer players do. This leads to a tunnel vision type gamestyle, which ofc is not tactical at all. But his current base kit (not PTB) offers no incentive for playing smart.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,452

Go back and see for yourself, a good chunk of people were saying to reduce knives from 8 to 6