We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

REWARDS CHANGED TO TWO FULL OUTFITS

Options

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

bruh

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    TheBean said:

What they did was give into the spoiled brat.

Thanks, but no thanks! Enjoy the event! 
  • burninghead
    burninghead Member Posts: 2
    Options

I think they changed it for the better. Only one outfit was far too less to grind for during two weeks.

• MakoFenrir
    MakoFenrir Member Posts: 51
    Options
    Peasant said:
    Wait, everyone's whining worked?
    QUICK EVERYONE SAY MONEY SHOULD BE FALLING FROM THE SKY!

SAY IT!

SA-A-AY IT!
    WHY IS NO MONEY FALLING FROM THE SKY FOR ME 😭
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@Peasant said:

SAY IT!

SA-A-AY IT!

Reasonable gripe gets corrected. Bratty player then insists unreasonable desire is similar.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    The Devs finally listened to the community. Cannot be happier. We have found the middle-ground, as requested! 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Peasant said:

SAY IT!

SA-A-AY IT!

Gonna visit Ferrari and cry about their latest model

• Khalednazari
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Those who hate the ones who requested more cosmetics, you are free to buy them and not grind them. Cheers! 
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@Peasant said:

SAY IT!

SA-A-AY IT!

Reasonable gripe gets corrected. Bratty player then insists unreasonable desire is similar.

After the confusion with Rin's chapter I learned to not blindly trust the wiki or the hype. I just wish more people had followed my example.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Now the people who were complaining about the people complaining come to this thread and complain go figure.

• Peasant
    Options
    Those who hate the ones who requested more cosmetics, you are free to buy them and not grind them. Cheers! 
    I don't so much hate the people who cried, but rather I pity them. To put so much faith in the wiki's speculation after Rin is, unwise at best.
  • Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

@TheBean said:
    How sad. They caved in... They should have just taken it as a lesson for next time.

You know that kid that keeps crying until they get what they want....

Now they won't stop crying. Next time it will only be worse.

No. What they did was fix a mistake that they made. People had every right to complain about the event. It was stupid on their part to only have 1 costume in the first place. Listening to what most of the community wants isn't "giving in." It's the intelligent thing to do. If they wouldn't have changed this, they likely would have made drastically less money than they would have otherwise. Stubbornly refusing to change something out of spite/stupid logic is exactly why someone like you will never be a position of leadership.

• Terrortot
    Terrortot Member Posts: 423
    Options
    2 outfits is more than fair. Thank you bhvr!
  • CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you developers! 
  • Peasant
    Options

Now the people who were complaining about the people complaining come to this thread and complain go figure.

It's a vicious cycle.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited October 2018
    Options

I guess the amount of complaining worked.
    Then again, they never were made of stone, apparent from caving in to the cries of players learning a Self Care nerf may come.

• Khalednazari
    Options
    Can everyone just be happy now? The cosmetics are for all. 
  • Boss
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

Incoming "IT SHOULD'VE BEEN 3 OUTFITS!" discussion.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

I actually like it. Now it feels a bit better. i can get 2 full outfits, or I can skip the things i don't want (drool boy doctor face) and collect a reasonable amount of things I do want to give me some new outfit mixes.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

Ummm, I was already happy. I'm busy doing an event in another game for cosmetics, so I could already just spend $70 and grab all the Blight skins from the store in a matter of seconds, since I wouldn't be back in DBD until at least the first weekend or week of November.

Which I hope helps encourage them to keep such a model in the future.

So, I was never unhappy. :p

• Elegant
    Options

@Boss said:
    Then again, they never were made of stone, apparent from caving in to the cries of players learning a Self Care nerf may come.

Nah. This change was made to protect their money. Has nothing to do with anything else. Self care/other changes won't off complaining because it doesn't affect their money.

• Elegant
    Options

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

Ummm, I was already happy. I'm busy doing an event in another game for cosmetics, so I could already just spend $70 and grab all the Blight skins from the store in a matter of seconds. Which I hope helps encourage them to keep such a model in the future.

That's the kind of attitude that breeds pay to win games. I understand where you are coming from, but letting Devs get away with ######### business practices isn't a good thing for everyone. A better solution would have been to just have more of the costumes available through grinding for people that had the time and available to buy for people that didn't.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

Ummm, I was already happy. I'm busy doing an event in another game for cosmetics, so I could already just spend $70 and grab all the Blight skins from the store in a matter of seconds. Which I hope helps encourage them to keep such a model in the future.

That's the kind of attitude that breeds pay to win games. I understand where you are coming from, but letting Devs get away with ######### business practices isn't a good thing for everyone. A better solution would have been to just have more of the costumes available through grinding for people that had the time and available to buy for people that didn't.

You know that pay 2 win has nothing to do with cosmetics?

• Boss
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

Nah. This change was made to protect their money. Has nothing to do with anything else. Self care/other changes won't off complaining because it doesn't affect their money.

So they'll protect their money by making less money.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

This is great! I was hoping for more than two but I'll still take it. After all, an extra outfit is an extra outfit!

@TheBean said:
    How sad. They caved in... They should have just taken it as a lesson for next time.

No, they just made a smart decision to not turn into the next 2K/Activision. And is it really that big of a deal? You were probably just going to buy them all anyways. Whales like you are the reason we still have loot boxes, games that are full of microtransactions that give you an obvious advantage cough NBA 2K cough, and games with overpriced microtransactions that could either be cheaper or grindable. You guys will just spend hundreds or thousands of dollars just eating up all of the paid content, no matter what it is and how much it costs.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

You need to either learn what Pay2Win is, or just remove the term from your vocabulary. I do not, and never will, financially support Pay2Win.

This is about cosmetics.

Or, you know, since I'm new to DBD, you could always enlighten me on how cosmetics are vital to game play and provide an in-game advantage . . . .

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Anyone wanna take bets on how long the gratitude will last?
  • Elegant
    Options

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They won't be making less money. People were pissed at how terrible the event was. Those people would not spend money on the costumes at all. There were a lot of people angry about this. Making these changes will appease some of the people who were angry and potentially get them to buy costumes now.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

@TheBean said:

That is such poor logic.

We gave reasons... I at least was very polite.

It isn't about "getting our way". What they did was generous, nice and made the event better.

It will encourage people to buy more in the end.

Stop.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@purebalance said:

@TheBean said:

HybridPanda even said he'd be better with two. That guy is one of the least whiney people that play this game so cut the crap calling people spoiled. What's spoiled is what they tried to pull when most other games would let you grind.

Oh sorry... HybridPanda even said he'd be better with two... Hey I'd be better with all of them.. TOP THAT! Oh but I'm not a streamer so what I said doesn't matter... I forgot that I need to be a streamer fanboy and take everything they say as gospel.

Yeah... Heavens forbid you won't be able to grind for them.... cause they won't be on the store forever... and they won't at some point make them earn-able by shards. Since they've done that already to a couple older cosmetics.

Don't hang on everything a streamer says... just because you want to believe them... doesn't mean they aren't whinning about getting free #########.

tears

• Elegant
    Options

@GrannyonAcid said:

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

No it doesn't.. But that's the kind of attitude that allows pay to win to continue in other games. Most of Korea has the exact same attitude as you and virtually every one of their games has a pay to win model because they don't mind paying money to save time. So companies make games incredibly grindy and let them pay to pass the grind. Sure, this game is just cosmetics. But, they wouldn't hesitate to add pay to win aspects if they could get away with it and make more money. The only reason pay to win isn't prevalent in the US/EU is because most people don't have your attitude towards games.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Always going to have people upset but a nice gesture from them and also shows they are flexible. I will gladly buy the other outfits that i want.

• GrannyonAcid
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

They won't be making less money. People were pissed at how terrible the event was. Those people would not spend money on the costumes at all. There were a lot of people angry about this. Making these changes will appease some of the people who were angry and potentially get them to buy costumes now.

The people that were angry about it would've bought the cosmetics. They're the ones that care enough to throw a temper tantrum over ingame cosmetics. They took a loss to make you people happy.

• TheBean
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

No because... The ones that hate those that requested (cried) for more cosmetics... ARE HAPPY WITH WHAT IS GIVEN TO THEM! We don't feel the need to make the developer feel bad for giving out free #########.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018
    Options

Withdrawn

• Boss
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

That's quite a bold theory you got there.
    Since, first of multiple things, no one can even judge how well the event's done yet, it literally just started.

• Elegant
    Options

@GrannyonAcid said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

The people that were angry about it would've bought the cosmetics. They're the ones that care enough to throw a temper tantrum over ingame cosmetics. They took a loss to make you people happy.

No they wouldn't have. The Devs would have made less money by not making any changes than they would have otherwise. It's not hard to understand.

• Elegant
    Options

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

Always going to have people upset but a nice gesture from them and also shows they are flexible. I will gladly buy the other outfits that i want.

There's nothing to be grateful for. The Devs fixed a mistake they made with an event and only did so to protect their profits. Nothing to really applaud them for.

• Elegant
    Options

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

Since, first of multiple things, no one can even judge how well the event's done yet, it literally just started.

It's not that bold of a theory lmao. It's pretty simple and obvious.

• GrannyonAcid
    Options

@Elegant said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

There's nothing to be grateful for. The Devs fixed a mistake they made with an event and only did so to protect their profits. Nothing to really applaud them for.

Are you kidding me? You're putting this down as a fixed mistake? No there was no fixed mistake. This was the developers giving away free stuff to get the few whiny people to stop throwing a temper tantrum.

Remember when you were like 5 years old and you started crying in the grocery store and your mom was super embarrassed so she bought you candy? This is what just happened. You should be VERY thankful for your mother and them for changing this.

• TheBean
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Elegant said:

No. What they did was fix a mistake that they made. People had every right to complain about the event. It was stupid on their part to only have 1 costume in the first place. Listening to what most of the community wants isn't "giving in." It's the intelligent thing to do. If they wouldn't have changed this, they likely would have made drastically less money than they would have otherwise. Stubbornly refusing to change something out of spite/stupid logic is exactly why someone like you will never be a position of leadership.

Fix what mistake?... The only mistake they made was allowing the cosmetics to be leaked... That is it. They said nothing otherwise. It was the community that made the 2nd mistake thinking they are entitled to more cosmetics.

What all the cry babies did was this....

For future events, they will release 2 cosmetics of THEIR choice. Like in the past. You will get 2... maybe 3 if they are generous cosmetics. The events won't be elaborate or hugely special anymore.

Then once the event is almost finished or completely finished, the developers will then release the outfits. Or they will release BEFORE the event.

Basically what the cry babies done was slap BHVR in the face and made them think twice about doing something nice for the playerbase.

And for the last comment... You have no idea what I do for a living... Just saying. You shouldn't talk about things you don't know.

The crybabies ######### as all over for future events.

And to add one more point... They won't sell anymore then they would have. The crybabies whinning about not getting enough free stuff.... AREN'T ALL OF A SUDDEN GOING TO SPEND THEIR MONEY.... Why did you think they were crying? They don't want to spend their money on cosmetics. With the amount of money a handful of people who feel better about getting 1 more outfit compared to now losing out money on that extra cosmetic... will make it so they didn't really make more money.

People whinning about getting free stuff... Aren't going to all of a sudden open up their empty wallets to spend thin air.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018
    Options

@Elegant said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

No it doesn't.. But that's the kind of attitude that allows pay to win to continue in other games. Most of Korea has the exact same attitude as you and virtually every one of their games has a pay to win model because they don't mind paying money to save time. So companies make games incredibly grindy and let them pay to pass the grind. Sure, this game is just cosmetics. But, they wouldn't hesitate to add pay to win aspects if they could get away with it and make more money. The only reason pay to win isn't prevalent in the US/EU is because most people don't have your attitude towards games.

As for your pay2win agrument, to a degree DBD already has a mild pay2win. Just buy the base game, and no DLCs. Now try to Rank up and face those Red Rank builds. Do it all without ever having any of the Killer meta perks, all of which come from one DLC or another. You absolutely must buy the DLCs for all those killer teachable perks to survive the upper ranks, unless you are a highly skilled player to begin with (and most players aren't at that level and never will be).

And the Shrine of Secrets isn't really a factor given how infrequently the truly meta-perks for Killers appear in there.

So, yes, DBD already has a p2w aspect to it. You absolutely need a variety of DLCs just to be able to do a whole hell of a lot above the mid-ranks.

• Boss
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

So you say.
    And i bet with your brain and from your perspective, you're fully convinced.
    You are REALLY bad at making a point though.
    I can change my mind, but you need to put it in a good way to be able to make me.

• Elegant
    Options

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

@Elegant said:

@Boss said:

So you say.
    And i bet with your brain and from your perspective, you're fully convinced.
    You are REALLY bad at making a point though.
    I can change my mind, but you need to put it in a good way to be able to make me.

I can't make you not an idiot. That's for you to do. I explained why the Devs made the changes. I don't really care if you want to believe it or not. Your lack of intelligence doesn't affect me and I have no incentive to try and help you understand something you are likely not capable of understanding.

• Elegant
    Options

@Kilmeran said:

@Elegant said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

As for your pay2win agrument, to a degree DBD already has a mild pay2win. Just buy the base game, and no DLCs. Now try to Rank up and face those Red Rank builds. Do it all without ever having any of the Killer meta perks, all of which come from one DLC or another. You absolutely must buy the DLCs for all those killer teachable perks to survive the upper ranks, unless you are a highly skilled player to begin with (and most players aren't at that level and never will be).

And the Shrine of Secrets isn't really a factor given how infrequently the truly meta-perks for Killers appear in there.

So, yes, DBD already has a p2w aspect to it. You absolutely need a variety of DLCs just to be able to do a whole hell of a lot above the mid-ranks.

A point could be made for it being p2w but most wouldn't consider the DLCs to be pay to win. Especially since most of the DLC killers and perks aren't that great comparatively. But allowing the DLC characters to be unlocked with shards mostly got rid of the pay to win aspects. Mostly.

• GrannyonAcid
    Options

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Elegant said:

@GrannyonAcid said:

@Elegant said:

@Kilmeran said:

@Khalednazari said:

A point could be made for it being p2w but most wouldn't consider the DLCs to be pay to win. Especially since most of the DLC killers and perks aren't that great comparatively. But allowing the DLC characters to be unlocked with shards mostly got rid of the pay to win aspects. Mostly.

BBQ and Chili is like the #1 perk for killer. Hex: Ruin is like #2 (Isn't Hag DLC? Or was she free?)

On the other side you have D/S which is a DLC chapter. Dead-Hard (Not sure if David King was free) ... Nea was free I believe so Balanced Landing is free. But yeah there's a ton of good perks that were p2w. Not that I mind. I have no issue paying 5 dollars for a new killer.