Hex: Blood Favor is so WEAK it's insulting

Options

Here's the description of the perk: When a Survivor is hit with a basic attack, pallets within 16 meters of your location are held in place by The Entity for 15 seconds. These pallets cannot be pulled down.

Hex: Blood Favor has a cooldown of 60/50/40 seconds.

yesterday I did a 1v1 with one friend and i accidentally picked this perk, I hit him at the pallet in front of the jungle gym, he didn't know I had this perk so instead of leaving for the next loop he stayed and jumped the window. i also had bamboozle so i vaulted the window, as soon as i vaulted the window he came back to the pallet and by then the pallet was unblocked.

this perk is unbelievably trash, firstly it only has a 16 meters range so you have to first be lucky enough to have a pallet near enough for it to start working. secondly it stays active for only 15 seconds. 15 SECONDS!!! when you hit a survivor and they hold W it takes more then 20 seconds for you to catch up and if the for some reason decide to stay at the blocked pallet, by the time it takes you to finish the attack cooldown it has already passed 3 seconds sop now they only have to go around the loop 1 or 2 times before its unblocked.

and then for some reason this GOD TIER perk has a 60/50/40 second cooldown too so you don't abuse the power the entity gave you, great.

and for some mindboggling reason this poor excuse of a digital code is a HEX perk too so it can be taken away!

I mean hey if you had this perk you already started with 3 perk so it doesn't matter.

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Yeah it's really bad.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

lmfao that'd be the most broken perk in the game in that case 🤣 You're saying no pallets in chases!

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

Well it's an hex, so it's easily breakable, if it wasn't an hew yes it would be broken ^^ I mean it would become the Trickster bamboozle perk but for pallets.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

It really is terrible

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Honestly, in my opinion I think that the only 2 purposes the perk serves is, 1) if you achieve a down at a pallet before they’ve had a chance to drop it, it makes it safe to do a pick up without fear of a pallet save, and 2) supposed to force a survivor you’ve injured away from the loop.

I don’t think Blood Favour is meant to do more than that.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

BF needs a buff, but those ideas are probably a little too strong. Imagine that on a map like Midwich or Gideon, with very few vaults. Wouldn’t be balanced.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

well with most of the chase being a looping phase, i don't think it would be too powerful of a perk, especially since it's an Hex perk, since the survivor will most likely be able to loop for the entire effect of the perk, since they probably only have to loop for about 10 sec since most of the timer would be eaten by the speed boost the survivor get from getting hit ^^

• Farshad7913
    Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58
    Options

your second point is not valid at all. you want the survivor stay at the loop otherwise they take the hit and use the speedboost to extend the chase and possibly find another loop. the only way this could work is if it's endgame and survivors have somehow used all the resourses on the map and its just that one pallet AND they left the lit totem untouched which is unlikely since totems usually get cleansed super fast.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    edited July 2021
    Options

As hex shouldnt even have a cooldown.

Especially if its as week as that perk.

Good survivors run to the next tile anyway if they get hit so they gain more distance.

Its extremly situational, and for a hex that should never be the case since its already high risk.

You should always get value out of your hexes as long as you plas well.

(Lets ignore NOED here)

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,574
    Options
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

According to the devs, Hex perks are high risk, high reward perks.

Where exactly is the reward part? Tons of restrictions and downsides but no reward at all.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

In its current form it shouldnt be a hex perk.

If it is to remain a hex perk in needs big buffs. Shoukd be blocks them all in 32 meters for 30 secs imo

I used it yesterday getting blight adept. I think it got me 1 down in like 5 games and that was only because the poor bastard ran into a dead end and the safe pallet was blocked

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

If it still needed the hit to activate that'd be one thing - but the comment I replied to didnt say that. It said it would block all pallets in the killers terror radius as they moved around. Which would be completely broken.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited July 2021
    Options

Its a pointless hex perk with a cooldown

A HEX WITH A ######### COOLDOWN

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

Literally the only use of this perk is if you hit a survivor that's pallet camping and they get confused and linger for a few seconds before they realize the pallet's blocked, or if you down a survivor at a pallet and they have a buddy lurking nearby that wants to drop it on your head.

The perk desperately needs its range extended so that it affects pallets in the tiles players are running towards, not the pallets in the tile the player is running away from with their speed boost. Also, the cooldown. It's a hex perk. It's allowed to be powerful.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

Another thing thats bad about this perk:

Even if it works, it effectively preserves the pallet. So you will have to deal with it in the near future again. Whenever I had the perk equipped, I wondered if it woulnd't be better they just drop the pallet, so I can destroy it.

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 119
    Options

I think blood favor should immediately work again as soon as the previous pallets get unblocked. Also instead of 15 seconds make it 20. Also if you hit a survivor it should Block all pallets in a 16-40m radius. This means all pallets within 16m can be used still.

With this perk survs have to make a choice at each hit:

1) stay at the spot and give up their hit speed boost but they can continue to loop this pallet and use it

2) they can run away but then they enter the no pallet zone and risk getting downed

• Farshad7913
    Options

The only ones camping the pallet are the ones you'd usually have no problem downing. it's not like it sometimes cripples pro players. so even in that situation you could have another perk that would at least not be destroyed before it even got to work.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

Not sure how your friend didn't know you had it - as soon as you hit him, he would have gotten the notification on his screen, and then the little hex icon would have remained over on the right.

• Farshad7913
    Options

That's not really the point, the perk is so underused and useless that most people don't even know it exists or forget. even I took it by mistake instead of clicking in tricksters HEX. the point is that a HEX perk that is supposed to be high risk high reward is laughably weak.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

What if its:

• M1 on healthy survivor cause all pallets locked in 32m radius from the hit, until that survivor become dying. Then the perk gets cool down of 60sec before you can activate again.

As if you injured a survivor, then you refuse to down that survivor, that zone is like permanently locked

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Wow…I legit forgot BF even existed! Blight really only came with one good perk

• Farshad7913
    Options

a HEX perk should not have a cooldown, no matter how strong. it is a type of perk that can be removed from the match, it already counts as a cooldown.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

It's pretty mediocre. Used it a couple of times myself but I just don't think its strong enough to jusify being a hex. Then again maybe too strong for just a passive perk.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,027
    edited July 2021
    Options

the effect of a Hex perk is supposed to be overpowered to warrant it being a destructible perk.

The effect of Ruin is OP. The effect of Devour Hope is insanely OP. However, what makes these perks balanced is the fact that you can destroy them. So, the effect of a Hex perk being unbalanced is a good thing.

If that perk is really oppressive for you and your team, it's time to find those bones and get rid of the perk as you might lose with it being up.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997
    Options

I've only seen this perk be useful once

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

The hex perk system in general is pretty bad. We have the massive outlier hex perks that are actually decent for the risk(ruin/devour/noed/haunted ground) (undying by virtue of protecting these impactful totems- ignoring haunted)

then a slew of bad/awful hex perks that people only run to meme with(retribution/thrill/third seal/blood favor/crowd control/lullaby).

Why is the level of power of hex's all over the place? 3 good perks and 6 bad ones?