We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

This event is wack

Options
akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

killers get 3 hooks guaranteed and survivors get 1 harvest point and they lose that if they die.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Better always get those Offerings every Bloodweb then.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

R-E-L-A-X

• akbays35
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    R-E-L-A-X

I'm not gonna relax, its just for bp anyway and it doesn't tie in with any game objective. It's cool but there needs to be more of them without having to burn offerings cause my team mates will nab it before I do.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Woah chill out. Killers have too much going on in a trial to go interact with something else so they made it so they just have to hook
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2018
    Options

Killers get 1/6 for one hook, survivors get just over 2/6 for one full flower, you can only lose 1/6th per game in theory as you don't lose the progress upon death when you get to the a line of the vial its like having three progress save points.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

It's not that bad. It just forces you to play the game slightly longer. So instead of finishing it in 5 hours it might take you 9

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    Then I suggest staying hidden or sabotaging the killer’s event hooks. Works wonders you know 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    Then I suggest staying hidden or sabotaging the killer’s event hooks. Works wonders you know 
    The devs took away the ability to Sabotage event hooks.
  • will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

I'm not liking it so far.

It seems that burning a special offering as a Survivor could have 0 benefits, as you only get bonus BP when you yourself complete a harvest? So basically it all comes down to RNG, if you happen to spawn near the killer, get into a chase, get downed, hooked, but the time you get unhooked there could be 0 things left to harvest from.

• akbays35
    Options

It actually slows the game down pretty bad since survivors are hunting for them harder than hex ruin, I'm lucky that I just run into event farmers but any decent killer will get an extra 2k just from the slowdown. I'm just salty that I've played 4 games and barely got a 3rd of a vial and burning offering for each game. I'm just wondering how they are going to tie this as an actual objective into the game.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476
    Options

Don't you get progress towards a vial for just burning an offering as a survivor? So eventually you'll just be able to get there that way. It probably will be harder to do on survivor. But after all we all have to do both sides if we want the sets.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

I care less about unlocking the cosmetics because if I like one I will just buy it, I care more about the bonus BP to lessen the grind.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,168
    Options
    The funniest part of all this; survivors are the ones screwing the event for each other and not the killer. Best bring enough offerings to share.
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@fcc2014 said:
    R-E-L-A-X

I'm not gonna relax, its just for bp anyway and it doesn't tie in with any game objective. It's cool but there needs to be more of them without having to burn offerings cause my team mates will nab it before I do.

Yeah because the devs know that 5 min genrush games arent fun

• akbays35
    Options

@will_i_am_14_85 said:
    I care less about unlocking the cosmetics because if I like one I will just buy it, I care more about the bonus BP to lessen the grind.

Yeah cause the survivor cosmetics are lame, they gonna go steampunk and not have ace with a tophat and monocle. The killer cosmetics are really good (except trapper and billy slightly) and I feel like this is primarily a killer event :/

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,749
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Retracted.
    Post edited by brokedownpalace on
  • jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Well I can't even use my event offerings. They are the BBQ event ones and even the ones in the bloodweb are BBQ event offerings. Is this just me or a wider issue?
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@fcc2014 said:
    R-E-L-A-X

Calling them teammates is your first mistake. Devs love to put things in that make the survivors screw with each other in small ways. (Pigs trap activation mechanic comes to mind...)

• purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661
    Options

@DemonDaddy said:
    The funniest part of all this; survivors are the ones screwing the event for each other and not the killer. Best bring enough offerings to share.

You basically need everyone to bring an offering in order to get a full vial for each. You get about 1.5 bars per harvest and add a third with the offering. That means 7 flowers and 1 survivor only gets half.