We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What are legendary skins??

Options
R1ch4rd_N1x0n
R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

So, the Legendary skins that turn a survivor into a different person, such as Leon Kennedy becoming Chris Redfield, and Jill Valentine becoming Claire Redfield.

Are these like, an actual thing in the lore, or simply here for cosmetic purposes for the players?

Like, does the Entity allow these specific survivors to become that other person if they so please? Or are Chris, Claire, Jonathan, Lisa, and Cybil also survivors in the Entity's realm, but that they were simply given the same unique perks as Leon, Jill, Steve and Cheryl??

Comments

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

A cosmectic option to allow the inclusion of characters without the addition of extra perks and powers.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

From my perspective, legendary survivors are separate characters and are their own individual people, but are just labeled as "skins" so that way a whole new dlc doesn't have to drop just for a new arrival. Similar to how Cybill and Jonathan arrived much later than their respective chapter, but a separate DLC wasn't needed.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    Options

Okay smartass I meant from a lore perspective. There's a reason I posted this in "Lore."

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I suppose that Chris and Claire could be real survivors, but they work as if it were the Legion band, from my perspective they are since they can be seen in the official trailers and also photos in the forums, on the other hand Jonathan, Lisa and Cybill for me are as if the entity manifests a hint of hope in survivors like Nancy and Cheryl or a forgotten memory of his past life, it is as if Nancy believes that Jonathan is with him, but in reality it is Steve.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

We don't have a lore explanation for them so it's up to you if you consider them canon or not, i personally don't.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 270
    Options

Game wise: Different characters but more expensive and without perks

Lore wise: they are still different people not like their souls combined or something.

• En3ermost
    En3ermost Member Posts: 298
    Options

Well judging from the official Resident Evil chapter trailer Chris and Claire are complete separate individuals from Jill and Leon. So at least for me that rules out the theory that its just the Entity that makes a survivor look like another person.

I'd say they are simply other individuals taken by the Entity like everyone that don't have personal perks and character slots in the game menu.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

A waste of money.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    Options

You're funny, however this is the Lore section. Not the kind of answer we're looking for.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890
    Options

Legendary skins are separate characters. They've always been that way. Lisa was introduced as a way to transform Cheryl into Lisa, which means that it's the real Lisa in the Entity's realm.

Seeing Chris and Claire in the trailer also confirms that they're their own people and not just a manifestation of Leon and Jill's memories.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

What are ATRIFACT skins? This is a category in the shop for looking at specific rarities.

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

Artifact skins, I'm guessing are skins that you can purchase with a different currency from events. The first Rift released had Nectar viles that you could collect and use it to purchase a Hallowed Blight skin in the store

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    Options

I liked to believe that they were separate people in the realm but were simply given the same perks as their default counterpart by The Entity.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I think it would be a better idea if they introduced perkless characters( you wouldn't select Leon and put Chris skin) they would be normal characters in the menu and would Shar their invetory, perks and levels with the character from their respective chapter. With this we could have bloody cosmetics and other variations as well.