Tinkerer rework - shouldn't this idea be for Surveillance instead?

Options
Soren
Soren Member Posts: 369
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Today, on stream, they submitted an idea for a Tinkerer rework:

"When a generator is repaired to 90%, the killer gets a notification and your terror radius will be reduced to 0 for X seconds"

Now, that's nice (although 90% is quite high, at this point you'll get the sound of a gen being powered anyways). But it's more an idea for a defensive perk and it is related to protect your gens. Why couldn't it be a Surveillance rework instead? It fits more the idea of this perk, which is currently awful to use.

Tinkerer is one of the few "agressive" perks killers have and it should stay one - we don't have many. If Tinkerer is too hard to handle as it is (code), it can still stay related to addons in one way or another.
A friend submitted to me this idea: Tinkerer lets you keep your addons (up to green rarity), like it does currently for survivors who escape the trial. To make it balanced, you can add another condition, like you need to kill 3 or 4 survivors in order to keep your addons. Here, you got a perk easier to code yet still related to addons!

Comments

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Didn't found feedback about the Tinkerer rework idea besides this.

So I kinda agree with you that the suggested perk would fit better with the Surveillance theme than with Tinkerer. But I'm not much a fan of the idea. 90% is quite hight. Even though the Hillbilly is a high mobility killer, even he would have problems to arrive on the gen before it pops. We can argue that especial with the terror radius reduction would give you a good headstart arriving there, while the survivor is still there. But even then it's quite situational, when it triggers. So as a killer you lack the control to make much use of it.
    That's why I wouldn't even like it to have it as a reworked surveillance.
    And speaking of it. The idea behind surveillance isn't bad. The only problem is that the 16 seconds timer is way too short. I just hope that the Devs would have a second look at it and rebalance that timer to let's say 60 seconds, or something like that. Then the perk would be actually quite fine.

A friend submitted to me this idea: Tinkerer lets you keep your addons (up to green rarity), like it does currently for survivors who escape the trial. To make it balanced, you can add another condition, like you need to kill 3 or 4 survivors in order to keep your addons. Here, you got a perk easier to code yet still related to addons!

I love the idea of rewarding perks like BBQ. Especially being rewarded to keep your AddOns for good play might be quite useful for AddOn-depending killers. But I thing such a perk could be quite frustrating as soon as you don't achieve the requirements for it. Then it kinda feels like a waste of a perk slot. That's why I think like BBQ it would need to have some kind or during a Trial like BBQ has it. That would make the perk much more attractive to play with. The Big question is, what it would be.

Well I actually think doing something with generators would actually fit the Tinkerer theme. Sadly with Pop Goes the Weasly we already have a perk that let a gen Regress more, by kicking. I don't know probably giving the killer a faster Kicking speed. Although we already have Fire Up for that, but that is a perk that does all, but nothing great. So I don't know.

NOTE: I think I accidently deleted my Comment, while editing. So I repost it. Sorry.