The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is The Nurse fair and balanced?

2»

Comments

• TheBigGopher
    TheBigGopher Member Posts: 122
    Yes, Nurse is fair and balanced.

So you think she's op?

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    No, Nurse is the most unfair and unbalanced killer in the game. (NERF)

mostly fine, but objectively unbalanced.

less of an issue since there are so few amazing nurse players left.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

yes because her blinking is way too op once mastered. you can only have dead hard to withstand one hit but you will go inevitably down

• TheBigGopher
    TheBigGopher Member Posts: 122

Yeah... That's the point.

She takes time to learn, and even more to master, but once you do she's amazing. What the ######### point be to play her if you got your way? Becsuse that's literally the point.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited December 2021
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

she's unbalanced.

A number of people think she should be just because she's on the harder side to play. I somewhat disagree with that sentiment because it completely ignores the other side playing the game.

She should be a little unbalanced, I don't think it should be to the degree it is now where you pretty much just win if you play her well. You should be rewarded for learning her but not to the extent your opponent has no chance of winning, if not close to it.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

the point is there is no countermeasure. no fun at all against nurse. looping does not exist.

This is why swf's exist and destroy such nurses who think they can play op killer and win all.

• No, Nurse needs a buff.

Nurse needs a third blink and the option to see your blink locations as basekit, faster recharge, lower cooldown after blinks, and some kind of aura-reading ability also added to basekit. Also, after she kicks a gen, it's blocked for thirty seconds, during which time it regresses at 300%, and the last survivor who was working on it is instantly downed and suffers from Broken and Mangled for the duration of the match.

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54

I generally don't play nurse since it takes about 4 gens worth of a match before I can accurately string together a couple blinks to get someone, but going against various skill level nurses before I never thought she's totally unfair. LoS and being unpredictable in juking is most efficient but doesn't mean you'll never be caught. A good nurse can be beat by good survivors not just swfs. I'd rather see killer floors raised before seeing nurses ceiling lowered

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

sheesh, that's quite a surprising majority agreeing that she's balanced. i think y'all are facing terrible nurses, Asian nurses literally end the match in 3 minutes.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

This is just objectively false though. Perfect map knowledge, knowing about LOS, strong movement and knowledge of how killers get pressure is absolutely essential to countering a good Nurse; even more so than most other killers. So either you're referring to a newer player who doesn't have these skills or you're forgetting about the value of these skills.

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305

I don't like this whole 'this region has bettter XYZ than this region' etc... All regions have good survivors and good killers. More likely most of the playerbase doesn't regularly verse good Nurses because most of the playerbase isn't at a very high MMR. And even at high MMR, they're not ridiculously common.

Even so, I don't think Nurse is op. Yes, she definitely has the most potential, but her power does have counterplay and is actually quite fun to verse in my opinion.

• DredgenWar237
    DredgenWar237 Member Posts: 85

The pure amount of skill required to play her is exactly why she's baalanced. She is god awful at so much in the game if you can't play her, but she becomes a monster if you have the dedication to master her. And even then, the best Nurses in the world can still be outplayed, meaning counterplay exists even at the highest level. That seems pretty balanced to me.

• Hyuu
    Hyuu Member Posts: 33
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

Yeah but the issue is that once someone learns how to use the Nurse decently, you would need a full 4 man SWF with all coordinated perks to win against them. Once they get really good with nurse, you have no chance whatsoever. Nurse counters literally everything the survivors have against a killer. Vaults, Pallets, Walls, Speed perks, all completely worthless when going against a nurse. If she had only one blink when going through walls, but 2 when in LOS, that would make going against a nurse at least a little fun instead of "Great we are going to lose"

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

SOMETIMES i get a blink hit, but it's so rare it surprises me more than the victim.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

but it depends on the team a nurse is facing and the skill of the killer, if they are both at the top end then nurse is probably balanced in any other situation though she is imbalanced to a hilarious degree

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    No, Nurse needs a nerf.

She needs a nerf so killer perks can be properly buffed without giving her too much power. There shouldn't be one massive supreme op killer while 90% of them are underwhelming. She'd need extensive rework though, so she loses a bit of power but gets some QoL to compensate.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Between the difficulty in learning her versus the reward I would say she's balanced. There is also the fact that she's just going to be as strong as she just due to the nature of her power and keep in mind she used to much much stronger.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    edited December 2021

Nurse is the most broken killer, literally ignoring 90% of game mechanics, but she still has the lowest win rate.

Fair and balanced? No.

In need of nerf? Also no, as there are maybe 10 players who can actually play her correctly, most of the times a simple mindgame does the trick. She is also fun to play against, actually keeping survivors on their toes, which can't be said against the rest of the killers.