Zombie behavior

I've just had a zombie walk over to me when I was hiding in a locker, directing Nemesis straight to me. I was in the locker for a good 20 seconds before I even saw the zombie, and it just strolled right over to me, as if I wasn't even hiding.

Is this a thing now? I thought they couldn't see you in lockers.

Comments

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Did he had his arms up?

Cause if not, it was just poor luck, cause im pretty sure Zombies immediately lose interest if you hop in a locker and them running into your locker without seeing you would be just random rng.

• mad_hatter
    mad_hatter Member Posts: 121

Arms up, like it was chasing me. That's why I say it directed Nemesis to me. He knew I was hiding there, because of the zombie.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,478

Im pretty sure if you break LoS with a zombie it goes to your last known location, so if you hop into a locker right in front of it itll walk in front of the locker because that is the last location it saw you, and only then will it lower its arms and unaggro

This makes it real easy for Nemesis to know if some one hoped into a locker

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

How'd you get in the locker? Did you do anything that could make any noise? And was there a diversion?

Zombies react to noises and if they were next to the noise notification they'll immediately put their arms up

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

if you caused noise the zombie will walk over to you, or if he was already chasing you he will continue in that direction for a bit before losing interest.

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

This. People severely underestimate zombie detection ability.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

Zombies can hear lockers, even if you enter slowly, and maybe the nemesis was using the wristband add ons that increase the zombies' detection range

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

Zombies follow noise and will keep moving toward your last known location, stopping only if they no longer detect you upon arrival.