We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

undeniable proof that the survivors and killers can somehow interact between trials

Options
Dangle03
Dangle03 Member Posts: 18

teachables. they teach each other how to use each others perks. how else could they be tought?

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

Well besides the base game design, I suppose that is a reasonable thought. They also have to wait at the campfire (depicted in the menu & lore) while not in a trial so that's more proof of interaction amongst one another.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,178
    Options

Survs may teach/learn them during trials, but with the campfire we know that they at least can be together between trial.

For the killers this is a good point though, there are no multiple killers in trials, neither in-game nor in the lore mentioned.. and somehow the Blight could experiment on multiple killers which also happened outside of trials I assume?

• Gruo
    Gruo Member Posts: 129
    Options

Teachable are gameplay only. Canonically survivors lose their memories after each trial and killers are kept separately in their own areas. Talbot/Blight was able to capture the killers before his mutation because of the knowledge he gained from Vigo's journal and the serum he used, which allowed him to access areas none else can.

• Gruo
    Options

Talbot/Blight was able get into the areas each killer is kept in because of the serum. The serum also helped Talbot stay outside the trials and the Entity couldn't detect him.

Cosmetics are not canon, the only canon skins are the blighted skins. There are no other versions of Talbot/Blight and the reason he has different outfit/design in the archives is because they didn't finalize his design back then, and he was meant to be Benedict Baker, but they changed that.

• Gruo
    Options

Talbot WAS part of the trails but after he found Vigo's hidden lab he was able to keep himself out of it cause of the information he learned from Vigo's journal and the serum he created, we already have a conformation on him being out of trails and visiting other areas in the realm none else can go to from the devs.

There was a retcon and it was confirmed by the devs. Talbot was retconned to be the speaker in 2018's Hallowed Blight journal entries, originally attributed to Benedict Baker.

Yes, there is a multi vers but they made it clear to us when it's a different version of the character like how they did with Yui and how they are hinting it with the Cloudette from the rift but in Talbot case there was non and in a stream a dev was talking about Talbot/Blight story and he didn't mentioned it being a different version of the character at all but kept talking about it being the same character. They also talked about his story in behind the scenes and they kept talking about the same character, nothing at all being a different version.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

It makes more sense them to be gameplay only but the memory loose always irked with me, it contradicts a lot with og lore so I tend to ignore.

• Dito175
    Options

Devs said in a stream a while ago that there's only one version of a character present in realm. In that tome it said that the entity might have preferences over who it picks, in theory it probably waits for the current claudette to go to the void to pick another one.

• Dito175
    Options

I think a lot of gameplay features usually are non canon to lore like multiple survivors or perks per example, for me it makes more sense, but your headcanon is pretty cool!

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Survivors, Yes

Killers, It feels like more of a game mechanic than a lore thing honestly. Since the entity has all of the killers in their specific realm, Except for the one stalking the survivors

• Khorzad
    Khorzad Member Posts: 143
    Options

Teachables are canon, perhaps not the perk themselves, but the knowledge that they represent being given to others through the bloodweb is canon, as shown in the quotes that keep appearing when you level it up:

Last night I got out of The Fog, in a matter of speaking. I arrived in a pocket of tranquillity where the monster was nowhere to be seen. I stopped running and was immediately filled with a strange calmness. I lay down near the bonfire and closed my eyes for the first time in what seemed like days. After long, deep breaths, I plunged into what I first thought was the darkness of a dreamless sleep. And then I saw it: the Bloodweb, a space between reality and abstraction. There is no sleep here, only torment. Even my own mind is shared and bent at The Entity's will.

I feel confident that I can inculcate my awareness of the Bloodweb to the others that are trapped here with me. Maybe they can unlock their inner strength with my help.

Survivors losing memories after each trial wouldn’t retcon that, as it still canon that they retain some knowledge gained from it, like doing generators, totems and the main rules of the trials.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

Bearing in mind that the Bloodweb is wear they learn it, the interraction is very weak at best. I'm uncertain that survivors can communicate around the fire, or are muted and in some way not fully aware of others until just before the trial. Like they're alone, even though survivors sit with them. A strange limbo.

Since the bloodweb is more a structure with knowledge and items within that a survivor can somehow project into a reality, it feels like it's less about teaching and more about observing and learning, or even simply absorbing, the perks and such.

Killers is trickier, because all I've heard thus far is that they basically wander from trial to trial, so as we're not aware how they "sleep", where and when and how does the bloodweb appear to them?

It's almost as if everyone is lonely there and every interraction within the trials does not feel real.

• Dito175
    Options

I prefer it like this, I the idea of memory loss, but if it was just a partial loss like not remembering who escaped and who died, wich killer or was and were they were it would be okay for me.