Try playing 3 games without your crutch perk.

Options

You know the one, the one you never cycle out of your roster unless you're feeling extra adventurous or meme-y.

I just tried it and it was fun but slightly harrowing.

Comments

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

Don't have one. Never lean on a perk or build to get you victory and you'll never become predictable or find yourself screwed if that perk gets nerfed.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,785
    edited July 2021
    Options

On Mikey I rotate his build a lot because he's very versatile with perks that work on him. I don't have a crutch perk on him.

On Dweet my build is Bond, Borrowed Time, Prove Thyself and We'll Make It. These are team support perks. They don't benefit me in any kind of personal way (well I get extra BP from Prove Thyself) other than supporting my team so it helps my chances. So I don't consider any of them crutch perks.

As Dweet said "We have to work as a team. I need you to survive so that I can survive".

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Done it, will continue using dumb builds as well with meta builds, and well I don't get what you are trying to say?.

I've gone from full meme builds to sweaty builds for both sides.

• ringwinning
    ringwinning Member Posts: 552
    Options

That is an intensely altruistic build and I commend you. I'm pretty sure I would die in 30 seconds and be no help whatsoever.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

But... My extra Bp... :(

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563
    Options

I can't go without small game I already know where all the totems spawns are but I'm too lazy

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I don't think I've ever played 3 games in a row with the same perk unless I have a challenge. It's boring.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

It’s hard for me to run games without second chance perks. But I will say when I escape without them it makes me feel like I truly earned the escape.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I can't. Without Brutal Strength everything feels...slow.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 794
    Options

Never again will I return to playing Blight without Shadowborn.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I love Brutal Strength. I can't help but feel fired up

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options
  • VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

But.... But.... I love my kindred.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    edited July 2021
    Options

Surprisingly I don't. I'll have certain perks I like to keep on specific builds, but I tend to rotate a lot.

Right now, I'm grinding Chris and Claire out. Chris is running Flashbang (I always keep at least one unique perk), Inner Strength, Quick & Quiet, and Head On. Claire is running Blast Mine, Resurgence, Bite The Bullet, and Iron Will. And in those builds, I'm only running Quick & Quiet because it's a locker build and Iron Will because it's a nice addition to Bite The Bullet.

• ringwinning
    Options

Good to know someone else is also a fan of combining Iron Will and BtB. I thought I was just weird for liking it.

(I mean I am weird, but still.)

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

But...

But my bloodpoints...

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I’ve been messing around and running yellow perks only on killers I never really use. Gotta say I suck.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    edited July 2021
    Options

Now that I completely stopped using Spine Chill I don't really have a crutch perk to remove.

I guess while it isn't necessarily a crutch, I can remove For The People my next three games.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I barely use crutch perks. I have made it a rule to use no more then 1 meta perk. I have found some fun builds and some underrated perks because of it.

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

Nah, they work pretty well together imo. Keeps everything quiet in case of a stridor spirit lol

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85
    Options

Try playing 8 games with no perks repairing at least 1 gen and escaping. ;)

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582
    Options

I've done that before. I don't have a specific crutch perk, but I do definitely have a love for Iron Will, Flip Flop, Prove Thyself, and Blood Pact. (I'm also a huge lover of chest build.)

Idk, I'll switch up my builds, but I always aim for builds I find fun above anything else.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I do when i play during the morning or lunch time but then 4 pm arrive and all the fun build are out

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347
    Options

I once Challenged Myself by going 10 Games with every Survivor in Rotation without any Perks to increase my Skill as a Survivor. I got it that way and really started to learn how Usefull Perks are. You start appreciating Perks Way more that Way.

Also its a good Way to increase your Chase Ability without relying on Meta Perks. My next Challenge is going to be the same One but with only running No mither. :D

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

Hehe, easy! I constantly have randomized builds, so quite often there are no meta perks in my build, and it works out fine.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,794
    Options

I find playing without borrowed time impossible but eh why not

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

But why? Those perks are my go to for a reason, I gain nothing by putting on useless perks instead.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

BBQ will never leave my builds till they take the stacking bp bonus off it and make it base kit, other then that I use a pretty decent variety of like 8-9 perks very often and rotating cast of like 7 or 8 more perks.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    edited July 2021
    Options

Nah I'm already changing my build pretty often. As Survivor. As Killer I most likely run sth like Pop and Surge since over a year I think. But giving up regression perks isn't that easy as a Killer. Most of them need them. The new Killer meta is "makro". Strong in a 1v1 chase, but very bad in a 1v4 map control.

So you need slow down perks to create artificial map pressure. I won't give that up. I know what's happening if I do so.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

Taking Iron Will off on Jeff is a death sentence lol, but lets see how it goes

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I love dead hard <3

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

No I don't wanna sign up to losing every match.

• ringwinning
    Options

I played Jeff while trying to level him up to get all perks on him and I died every time Iron Will didn't come up in my bloodweb.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

I change my build every time I lose a game