Do only baby killers do this?

Options

I've had three matches today where I've led the killer around on a chase for a few minutes and then they DC. Do y'all think that this is the same level of frustration that survivors feel when we get tunneled? If you're a veteran killer, do you sometimes just go "nah" and eat the 5min penalty?

I've never personally quit because of a chase but I'm just curious because it's happened a lot lately, considering DC penalty has been off.

Comments

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

very rarely have i done it, but when i did it was usually after a string of really bad games and the most recent one had the writings on the wall already-haddonfield offering, getting lost in the corn repeatedly, blight being the greased up deaf guy etc.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

True newbie killers will stick it out because they don't have the ego built up that says this is unacceptable. They'll get you eventually and probably face camp you though.

It's generally middle of the road killers that do that. They're experienced enough to know you're trouble but not experienced enough to know how to handle you so they get frustrated enough to make silly decisions.

• VeNoM17
    VeNoM17 Member Posts: 64
    Options

I agree with Heartbound, usually mid level players that can play decently but have a bigger ego I'm one of them but I don't DC, a good killer knows when to break chase in order to not waste too much time. The weaker the survivors can be caught and sacrificed for more pressure faster that'll lead to slip ups from the better loopers by being more strapped for time due to lack of help

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052
    Options

I haven't had a killer DC or yell at me in a while, but I'd assume it's the same exact rage.

I don't really understand the point of DCing though, even in the worst matches. It makes all that suffering worth literally nothing in the end. I think it's a little backwards that the game will still punish you in instances where other players are griefing or holding the game hostage, but it is what it is.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Depends on what they were having to deal with. I've certainly DC'd from matches against really high-ping opponents. No point trying to play, you have to guess where they are and swing at that.

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85
    Options

New: Tunnel vision in chase

Low: Face camps after long chase

Mid: Commits to bad chases, might camp

High: Switches targets if survivor is strong in chase

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

As a baby killer... No, I just go find someone else. If all survivors are hard to catch, I likely lost in like 5 minutes anyways. So, you know, I can just go and break some walls or something as I wait for the last gen to pop. Lol.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

The only time recently that I've dc'd was for maps and one time when I was trying to do a Ghostface daily to stalk people and 2 of the shitheads just kept following and breaking me out of stealth. I already dont like Ghostface and getting revealed around corners multiple times in a row just gets annoying not too mention they were completely defeating the whole point of me playing Ghostface so I just said f*ck it.

I usually wouldn't dc for such a thing, I normally would've just taken the easy win from 2 people not doing anything useful but my patience for dbd is at an all time low and this happened like 4 days ago and I haven't played since.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Committing to a long chase that isn't going anywhere is a sign of a newer killer yeah

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options

From what l have seen

lts generally nurses and bubbas, if they can’t get a fast down they generally give up

l wouldn’t call them baby killers but noob stompers, once they come up a decent runner, they just opt out of the game.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I was playing on midwich when it was released, I had my old huntress build which was nurse's, iron maiden, bbq and corrupt.

I stayed afk for a bit because I was feeding my cat.

Currupt ended, NO ONE did 1 gen or even progressed on any gen, I was looking for the survivors but never found them, about 15 min into the match no gens had progress and I never found anyone, I dc'ed because no one ever do anything.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

No, i cannot relate to this at all.

If looping ain't your thing, you're very quickly limiting your choices in this game.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

Only baby killers do that. Veteran killers will have downed you, if not they switched to an easier target after 30 seconds.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624
    Options

God pallets aren't invincible. Once it's down the loop is done.

If you can't catch a survivor that is always on you and your skill. Killers are meant to catch survivors and the game is weighted in the killer's favor when it comes to chases. It takes a huge gap in skill to consistently outclass a killer in a chase for more than a minute.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

What if they are all strong in chase. what is the gold pro: solution to that?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Not about catching them, its the time waste that loses it for killers. That is why large maps and the W meta are complained about. survivors just run as far as they can from the gens with people on them and they get free time waste by making you walk all the way back again.

• InList
    InList Member Posts: 85
    Options

Create dead zones and push survivors into them. i.e switch targets

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

But the problem is you don't even have to loop god pallets. You just drop it from one side and the killer can basically never get you unless they break it. Breaking it takes time, in a game where time is precious to the killer. And then you have maps like The Game and Badham that have multiple god pallets, which east waste a guaranteed amount of time for the killer, with minimal effort or skill from the survivor.

And no, I don't think so. A gap in skill would be a survivor running a killer for 5 gens because the killer was too stubborn to drop the chase. It's pretty easy to run a killer for at least a minute as long as there's a few pallets and windows nearby. Not being able to get a survivor can't always be on the killer's skill alone. Survivors can literally drop pallets instantly, playing completely safe, and their teammates will do all the gens if the killer doesn't drop chase. And the killer can drop chase, but what if everyone plays like that? Killers winning is generally dependent on there being a weak link on the survivor side.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

That's partially why one of the best strategies as Killer is to take advantage of that weak link and try to get them out of the game as soon as possible. Since someone dying early is usually a death sentence for the other survivors since they can't be as effective anymore.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

But that's what I'm saying. Some games, there are no weak links. No way for the killer to win, basically. Nobody falls for mindgames, nobody wastes pallets, everyone's pushing gens, even while injured. It's just one big "what can I do?" moment for the killer.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

There are people who could have played this game for a long time but dc depending on what kind of day they're having.

Someone myn't have had a rubbish day at work then come home trying to chill for an hour on dbd and had numerous bad matches in a row. They myn't just want to stop playing and play something else while they have a small amount of time before having to go to bed and be back up for work in the morning.