Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lag is censored in end game chat.

Haha really? Okay. Shits still not but yeah, better not see the L word.

Comments

• MrGimmsYouTube
    MrGimmsYouTube Member Posts: 47

Lag... Surprised this comment went through..

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

I think I might know why. It's one letter away from an actually offensive word.

• Dodgingbears
    Dodgingbears Member Posts: 252

The end game chat is an example of how poorly coded logic is in this game. It is an issue they would have to work out, if they even cared. The idea is correct, behind it, but the execution is poor... and overall, I could care less about changing it. Almost Never has anything been said in end game chat that is worth hearing.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

The censoring is absolutely ridiculous. I've never said anything even remotely offensive or mean-spirited, and yet half of the words I type in the chat are censored. It might be a character's name, it might be a word like "good" or "truly"--it doesn't matter, "####" is what shows up.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    edited July 2021

the four letter word for excrement is not censored there but it is here

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

the best one is you can't even type "kill", in a game about killing. So whenever I say something like "you got a good kill" or "I finally killed you" it ends up looking like I'm insulting the user and then there's an awkward exchange as I try to explain what I wrote. Can't write killing in a game about killing. Joke of a system.

Obviously they didn't want people saying "#########", but surely they could censor the word "kill" if its followed by "yourself"/"urself" etc., but no best just censor the word "kill" instead...

• FalseFroggs
    FalseFroggs Member Posts: 60

Pretty sure Yun-Jin is also censored, from what I remember lol! I was trying to chat with a random teammate and it would censor the characters name.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I've had my words be censored when in the same exact chat my friends could say the same exact thing and not be censored. The chat filter honestly makes no sense at all when it filters certain words for specific people.

• KrazyKatFTW
    KrazyKatFTW Member Posts: 203

I notice with some words it depends what you write before or after can affect whether or not it gets censored

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

This gives me Battlefield V vibes.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Some people were asking for endgame chat for consoles so they made endgame chat more useless for PC instead.

Its a win for everyone

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

The chat filter is probably the worst feature added in the game since its release.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

The words "but" and "Nea" are also censored. Chat filter is basically a celestial being in terms of working in mysterious ways.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

This. I find it hilarious you can't even say an official original character's name in the chat.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Even the chat filter knows that you didn't lose because of the lag, so stop using it as an excuse!

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,850

The only logical explanation is that lag spelled backwards is gal and some girls might get offended if they are called a gal so lag had to be censored