Does THE ghostface need a buff?

Options

I'm a ghosty main and it feels like I am punished for using my power. The only way to put a survivor in the dying state without deactivating my power is to grab them, and we all know how reliable grabs are. If I mark someone and down them with an attack I am punished in the exact same way if I was knocked out of my power by a survivor. If I'm not running the pen and the address book that is a full 30 seconds of not being able to use my power. That is FOREVER. all I think BHVR would need to do to make him better is lower the cool down if you down a marked survivor, make it so downed and hooked survivors can't take you out of your power, and fix the whole "ghostface is standing right in front of me but I still can't take him out of his power". Thoughts?

Comments

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

I kind of agree the only thing needed to be dont is for him to have a lower cooldown on his power. That and make the whole snap out thing more accurate. Sometimes you will have a survivor you don't even see snap you out and other times if feels like your playing Myers.

• Dr_Gaster
    Dr_Gaster Member Posts: 243
    Options

As a ghostface main I agree wholeheartedly

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

His cooldown needs to be lowered and nerf his add ons to compensate. Also fix his detection but that’s wishful thinking

• MidnightOnyx
    MidnightOnyx Member Posts: 24
    Options

I have found that sometimes it is better to run AT a survivor that is trying to take you out of your power because you can stalk them faster and it makes it harder for them to keep you centered on their screen.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 999
    Options

Reduce his cool down, update the reveal system, rework addons, and maybe make his crouch walk faster.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

Seriously though... 30 Seconds is a bit ######### ridiculous of a cooldown for something Wraith can do for free. Sure you have to uncloak but at least you can still use your Stealth ability whenever you ######### want.

Make it 15 at the very least.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Lower cooldown and better add ons, then he’d be one of the most balanced killers in the game.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I don’t think he needs significant buffs, he’s pretty good as he is in most respects IMO. Maybe a small reduction in his power cooldown, 30 seconds is a bit too long.

Though I will say that I don’t think exposing and downing a survivor knocking you out of your power is you being “punished”. You successfully used your power to get a fast instadown so it goes on cooldown. I don’t really see how that’s a punishment.

Also, getting a grab will still knock you out of your power and put it on cooldown since the survivor on your shoulder will reveal you.

• Mr_Madness
    Options

Very true, heck they could do something that makes stealth stabs worthwhile like having your power back automatically or apply a status effect to track them down after hit.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Yeah they need to lower his base cool down then slightly nerf his recharge add ons. Atm he's too dependent on running the Pen and whatever the yellow one is.

• BarbecueiChilli
    BarbecueiChilli Member Posts: 138
    Options

as a pig main I agree, but pig rework first

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

For starters i think its stupid a downed survivor can reveal him.

Also fix his freaking reveal, its annoying to stare a the guy dead center and not reveal him

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

A few touch ups here and there, but nothing huge is necessary.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I only want his reveal mechanic to be fixed but i’d be on board with all this too.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

All I can really see is some shroud recovery add-one base

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Yes, he needs a buff. Cooldown is the primary problem. If the GF isn’t bringing chewed pen or one of the lesser addons, he’s instantly a meme.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

For sure. Pig takes quite some time to crouch but Ghosty can do it almost instant and has a insta-down. Pig's should take priority.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options
    1. Reduce cooldown to 20 seconds.
    2. Half cooldown add-ons. (8/6/4 seconds -> 4/3/2 seconds)

Pairing both Chewed Pen and Olsen's Address Book reduces cooldown to 16 seconds.

With this change, getting to 16 seconds now would only require Chewed Pen.

If you think 20 seconds is good, this frees 2 add-on slots.

If you think 16 seconds is perfect, this frees 1 add-on slot.

If you want to go crazy and get 13 seconds you can still combine them.

Because the add-ons have reduced effectiveness, his other add-ons also become more useful without needing to touch them. Except the "movement speed while stalking" add-ons, those can't be fixed.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

Ghostface does not need a buff, but he needs some quality of life improvements.

Hes one of the Survivors I hate playing, because I always get spotted, so to play him is without Power.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 866
    Options

The cooldown of his power is honestly kinda stupid. Wraith and Pig can stealth whenever they like. I understand that Ghostface can stalk people with his power and expose them so a cooldown would be somewhat necessary, but they really overdid it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,222
    Options

Never buff this killer.

Never.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Make GF recover 50% of his power everytime he gets a "Marked Stab" or "Stealth Stab" event to reward good players. Bad players still get punished with the 30 seconds cooldown.

Either that, or make his recovery straight up 20 seconds and rework Chewed Pen.

He seriously needs an addon pass. Give him addons more in line with Wraith, which apply status effects like Mangled and Blindness, maybe extra speed in NS (nothing too crazy, 3% is enough) and no TR after 10 seconds of being broke out of NS. Also give him an iridescent that muffles all of his sounds while in his power.

• Mr_Madness
    edited July 2021
    Options

Also would be kinda nice to have some newish addons on Ghostface like they did with Huntress.

edit

ps Make the addons fun like how addons on Blight are.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

reduce his cooldown for shroud, increase crouch movement speed, and fix his reveal mechanic.

though, id also push for a complete rework to make him more unique since stalking is kind if a boring power (and we already have myers)

• MadmegMain
    MadmegMain Member Posts: 105
    Options

Im all for a ghostface buff as i love playing him but it’s definitely not needed

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Or maybe stabs from Night Shroud could have shorter successful attack cooldown, so you can catch up faster.

• Mr_Madness
    Options

Could work, I just would like to see maybe some kind of tracking effect like hemorrhage with it since Ghost Face does not let victims get away that easily.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

I mean, lethal pursuer being added was the biggest buff Ghostface has gotten since release.

I don’t think he really needs anything, he can have such an explosive start that it makes up for his weaker mid and late game once everyone is on high alert.

• Mr_Madness
    Options

To be fair thats a perk and people don't like really using perks to "Buff" a character.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

I guess; but they should be considered balance wise. I will never get why people don’t consider perks half the time when everyone can have 4 by level 15.

Ghostface is the strongest before people realize it’s Ghostface. There’s a handful of early game tracking perks that play to that strength, but none better than lethal pursuer.

Meta Ghostface absolutely slays solo Q teams and I think because of that he is fine how he is.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I wouldn't mind a slight decrease to his power cooldown. 25 seconds would be better than 30 and still retain value for his add ons if they care about that.

• Mr_Madness
    Options

Yeah true, I just like to use any perk and addon without worrying I need to use the best or meta stuff.

Ghost face is strong but just annoying how long cool down is and how slow crouching can be sometimes while having addons that don't really do anything besides Iri camera which I like.