Tunneling

2»

Comments

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

This. I have been playing since the game launched back in 2016 and I have NEVER had a Survivor give me a hook. They always twerk out the Gates and 'ezgg baby Killer'.

And yet, on these forums, they ALSO claim Killers should: Give the final Survivor the hatch (you know; 'Be happy with a 3K' and 'Stop sweating for the 4K'), stop using good perks, stop using good Killers, stop using <insert tactic here>, stop being a 'tryhard' or 'toxic.

And speaking of 'toxic'; they clicky-click, and twerk, and bodyblock and emote to anger me, and 'It's in the game! Get thicker skin!'.

But if I'm near the hook for 0.0000000000000000003 seconds after hooking a Survivor. Even if a friend is 3 feet away, waiting in line to unhook them: 'WWWAAAAH! Camper! Stop being toxic! Change the game, devs! 😥😥😥 '

• RodrigoL
    RodrigoL Member Posts: 50

I though it was just with me ... I always try to let ppl get some points when they are awful bad ... But when I barely can hit someone, all I get its bs at the gates are tease ...

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I go against a lot of camping and tunneling killers, but I'll still be nice if the killer isn't toxic. Good players do exist :)

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I do agree with you. I don't think I've ever played a game with so many toxic people.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

There is nothing skillful about picking off a target that cannot feasibly make it more than 10 meters from the hook. Likewise, there is nothing skillful about stacking perks and items to complete generators in as little time as possible.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

My definition of tunnelling is repeatedly going after the survivor who has just been unhooked until they are dead and not committing to a chase on any other survivor

At 3-5 gens left, I don't think a killer should be needing to tunnel and I frown upon it when I see it happen

If there's 2 gens or less left, I can understand why a killer would tunnel if they need someone dead at that point to still try to win, or if they simply just haven't had many hooks throughout the game so far and still want to attempt to win

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Can we all take a minute to appreciate this guy's username?

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

It's so rude when people unhook and don't stick around the protect or heal the guy, I'll normally slug him to create pressure because then someone's gotta heal him while I chase the rescuer, but that's a missplay on the unhookers part and just bad team mates in general, it's definitely not tunneling unless you keep hooking them.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

I've had a few instances of survivors giving me a pity kill. They're few and vastly far between though.

• NaigEtarip
    NaigEtarip Member Posts: 60

This posts always end with the same sort of arguments.

Every single player is responsible of being exposed to the game features, Tunneling is an intended game feature:

• How you take a game feature is on you
    • If you take a game possiblity as waste of time the problem is on you, seriously is your entertainment time why the efficency?
    • If you want a handholded experience, expect others to want the same
    • Isn't morally wrong to attribute negative connotations to the work of the game designer? Are we so sure it's not plain selfishness at this point?

If survivors are not wiling to go, or are annoyed by, the effort route of taking protection hits, have patience for safe rescues, bring BT or DS, keep repairing, bring Kindred, get better on chases... why would a Killer need to go the hard route himself?

Having said this, please stop holding W and pre-dropping "Corridor Pallets" against my Doctor. It's evil, hurts me emotionally and i want a more handholded experience. Thank you.

• C_Frank
    C_Frank Member Posts: 179

in this state of game with bt and ds tunneling is only make the game borring for the 3 survivor playing m1 simulation

This discussion has been closed.