Would you want yellow glyph skill checks to be used for Snapping Out of It?

Options
JacksonWise
JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
edited July 2021 in General Discussions

Seems to me like the devs are using glyph interactions to introduce new gameplay ideas without affecting the overall balance of the game since they are optional challenges.

After seeing how the yellow glyph skill checks work, my thought was, "What if these skill checks were used for Snapping Out of It?" To me, they would fit really well with the overall theme since it's all about concentrating to get the madness out of your head.

Of course, this would be dependent on how many people like the glyph skill checks. What do you think? Love 'em or hate 'em?

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Yes, I would love that. It fits perfectly with who Doctor is.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

That's a fair point. Newer players would definitely have a harder time with those skill checks. I wonder if their could be a way to make it tied to your MMR? If below a certain threshold, you get the easier skill checks, and if above you get the more difficult ones.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

Would be cool if it was put into huntress lullaby that perk is honestly pretty easy to counter unless you are tired and focus isn't that great

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

I rather them be skills checks for struggling

HAHAHAHA

But obviously not as punishing for missing a skillcheck

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

that’d be a lot of extra screaming, lolz

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,091
    Options

I have a feeling this will be part of the change to key/mori interactions that they previously hinted at.

When it comes to things such as killers powers (snap out of it, pig boxes, etc) I don't think these should be used. Attaching them to survivor items like BNP or keys I think would be fine so those are optional for survivor to use.

Before they use them for any game mechanics outside glyph challenges they really need to optimize the game and fix the performance issues that we already have from before the RE chapter. Triggers in the game cause FPS drops for last gen and low end pcs that freeze a normal skill check, having freeze in middle of the multiple skill checks - especially if added to perks or other game mechanics where it can't be avoided - would be terrible.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I don't think Doctor needs another buff, no.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,744
    Options

I think Almo at one point was facing hex:lullaby Doctor and the skill-checks were way hard for him so he weaken lullaby so it does not work with snap out. I did challenge yesterday and 2nd game was doctor, so i had to do the glyph in madness 2. I did both of them in 1 shot, so it was easy.

Its probably too hard for him and new players like rank 15-20 will find challenge near impossible. So no, I do not think these skill-checks should be added to the base game especially on doctor. It would be nice if skill-check got harder the higher rank you are. rank 1 survivor should be able to easily do these skill-checks flawlessly. The basic skill-checks are really made for rank 5-20 and they should remain that way. it would be nice if rank 1 survivors had to do these harder skill checks for generators for some actual challenge.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759
    Options

Hells yea, that would be hella fun

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

oh what thats really dope and yeah would make sense on snapping out of it