Fix your game before punishing us for your mistakes

Mixu
Mixu Member Posts: 8

It’s super infuriating how much they just pushed this update out without polish. I play on series x so all the last gen console bugs weren’t happening for me but the second this update comes out (aka the update that was meant to fix the bugs) instead added more bugs AND brought the bugs over to series x and other newer gen consoles. I’ve had four games where placing a trap, vaulting a window, throwing a hatchet, etc is enough to crash the entire game and give me a dc penalty. Either disable the penalty again or actually fix your game before you force us all to play when the stuff you promised to fix is clearly not even close to fixed.

Comments

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Yeah, my console still lags/freezes at times when playing. Mostly noticeable when I play Killer than Survivor. Only gotten in one game as Killer today and noticed that still whenever I hit a Survivor, or they use an exhaustion perk that my game freezes for a couple seconds. Played a handful of Survivor games and didn't notice it and if it happened it wasn't as obvious.

I'll have to see what my other matches are, but yesterday was a bit worse tbh....like if it keeps getting better I'll be all for it and if it actually ends then I'll finally shut up about how bad console is entirely

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

It's not just your Series X, i have major issues on PS5 too.

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 668
    edited August 2021

Considering that many others aren't having the same issues it sounds like it may be on your end. Instead of coming here to comment troubleshoot your system to see if you can determine the cause of the issue.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

I had my game freeze for 40 seconds and then disconnected me and I got a DC penalty too. I already don't think they should be in the game, so it was pretty frustrating. The patch has been better for me on PS4, but actually now it seems to be getting worse. I'm lagging or freezing or dropping frames more frequently, and for longer periods of time. Not to mention it's genuinely laughable that this patch brought in several audio bugs along with at least two visual bugs I've seen so far. But the devs are reworking character appearance that no one asked for and is worse in many cases. It's a joke at this point.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

This update fixed one 50% and broke other 150%

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

The DC penalty is back?

I’m on Series X and haven’t had any problems.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

I'm on PS4 and I've teleported 3 times across the map while in a chase. One was on Haddonfeild. I hopped a window, it lag switched big time, and the chase music abruptly stopped. I looked around and realized I was clear at the other end of the street. To the Killer, it must have looked like I vanished.

I still have the game freeze and lag for a few seconds whenever I use Lithe. Whenever I unhooked, or when Killers like Blight or Nemesis make a move (like using the tentacle or dashing).

My game completely froze up yesterday and I had to manually close the application and yeah, Disconnect penalty. It's really annoying.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited August 2021

There's literally a 90-page thread about these issues.

That's the largest thread in Forum history, so I would say there are many others having the same issues.

• Apexgnifrums
    Apexgnifrums Member Posts: 335

hahahahaha you are joking right now arent you?? You know what a conole is right?

• PhantomChimera

If that's true then they aren't doing all they can on their part to fix the issues they are having.

Remember not every Xbox player is having these issues. That in and of itself shows its not the game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It literally does.

Go read the thread, tell me that's not the game's fault.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

still having it where dead hard will freeze my game for a full 4 seconds

• PhantomChimera

If you mean console then yes I do know. Console systems can have issues just like any other computer.

Many console players aren't experiencing the issues mentioned above.

If I am having a issue with my system that prevents me from playing a game that isn't affecting everyone else on the same type of system it falls on me to find and correct the issue.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I wouldn't bother debating it any further, my guy. Just gonna go round in circles

• PhantomChimera
    edited August 2021

Not sure how you are coming to the conclusion that issues not being experienced by the most of the players on the console in question is the fault of the game.

Especially taking into account that consoles of one type are pretty much cookie cutter with consoles of the same type many the specs being the same from one console to the next.

Taking that into account if someone is having an issue with a game on their console that many others aren't having then it would seem the issue is with the console and not the game.

• Apexgnifrums
    Apexgnifrums Member Posts: 335
  • PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91

Look at my forum name. The solution is there. Even if in the end you prefer this one, the success of another game will force this one to do better in order to compete over skin buyers.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,765

Like Pulsar said read through that giga-thread for examples of these problems, most from proir gen machines plus many with video clips on the newer gen consoles as well as PCrs all having the same issues.

It shows the problems are wider than anyone dreamed, and worsened badly with the RE chapter & the two following patches only partially fixed the issues.

If everything runs great for you wonderful, but I would consider you above all lucky at this point.