If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Make false reporting bannable

Options
Lowbei
Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
There are players who report after EVERY match when they lose. They do so because theres no consequences for it, and they think that simply stacking up numbers of reports on someone will have an effect, like it does on xbox live.

This, apparently, has resulted in BHVR getting rid of their report handler, since they clearly no longer even look at the reports anymore, thus theres speedhackers everywhere and 2-3 month old reported videos dont have a single new view.

The solution, is to crack down on the salties, you know... the ones causing the problem... instead of giving up and abandoning the entire thing.

Right?

Comments

• davidps4DBD
    davidps4DBD Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Is reporting on Pc a big deal? It definetely gets ignored on console
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I agree. False reports from salty players is absolutely ridiculous. Anytime there is a false report such as the typical "this killer is a camper" or "he tunneled me" or some stupid complaint like that the person reviewing it should automatically give them a 48 hour suspension from the game and reset the bloodpoints and shards they earned to zero. Cracking down on the stupidity is the only way to make it stop.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited June 2018
    Options
    you mean like your non-sensical threads getting deleted, lowbei?
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    Options

Agreed, I've had players that have said they have reported killers for "camping" which is beyond stupid how can you expect to ban somebody for not leaving a hook? lol

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    lol i dont care. keep crying with your flags to feel better about getting rekt both ingame and on the forum :)

i have only seen you abandoning conversations to save face.  i am always the last to comment.  i am humored by this vanity and delusion of yours, however.  flagging?  why would i need to? i own you.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    pwn'd.
  • xxdean87xx
    xxdean87xx Member Posts: 13
    Options
    That’s good idea but for post game insults I don’t agree on because at the end of the day majority of people that play this are adults I come across those having a go for not healing not getting someone off hook even though your being chased yourself and there graphic by what they say that in itself is bullying and 90% of the time that’s children or childish men who don’t like losing. What should really been done since console gaming and that game it self is for over 18s they should be banning the kids from the game permanently as well. Most play for the fun of it or some to rank up but majority of us don’t say nothing unless it to help each other the chat isn’t there to bully people
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Lowbei said:
    lol i dont care. keep crying with your flags to feel better about getting rekt both ingame and on the forum :)

i have only seen you abandoning conversations to save face.  i am always the last to comment.  i am humored by this vanity and delusion of yours, however.  flagging?  why would i need to? i own you.
    lol threads dont last forever, and ran their course.

you got rekt both ingame and on the forum. keep telling yourself whatever helps you feel better

feel free to keep bumping my threads with your butthurt, and dont forget to watch my videos so you can learn how to play.

gg :) 
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

This in-game reporting system does not support evidence provisioning.
    as such - no evidence - no crime - false charges = false reporting - banned for telling on cheater.
    nice?
    What if we add gray zone where you see cheat on screenshot/video but moderators can't? Or it's not obvious to everyone
    What if moderators decide wrongly based on not clear evidence?

you're just going to get everyone banned for reporting cheaters.
    It should be done on case-to-case basis

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    EpicFailTryHard said:

Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

you got rekt both ingame and on the forum. keep telling yourself whatever helps you feel better

feel free to keep bumping my threads with your butthurt, and dont forget to watch my videos so you can learn how to play.

Lowbei, I already told you if you continue, I’ll get 🅱️UTTHURT, and SALTY. Then rip the fabric of your anus apart. I’ve decided I’d use a rusty spoon.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:
    EpicFailTryHard said:

Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

Lowbei, I already told you if you continue, I’ll get 🅱️UTTHURT, and SALTY. Then rip the fabric of your anus apart. I’ve decided I’d use a rusty spoon.

lol im glad you have dreams
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

I know you are :p

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited June 2018
    Options

If they do it the survivor population will become so short that no one will find games anymore.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,614
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

Are you guys dating now?

• Lowbei
    Options
    Raccoon said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

Lowbei said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

Are you guys dating now?

sorry about my fanclub. they can get rowdy
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Peanits said:

Here's my suggestion for false reports:

Jokes aside, if you can just mark someone as a false reporter and just instantly toss any of their reports straight in the dumpster, that'd be sweet. I don't really think it needs to be bannable, but I wouldn't be opposed if that's the route things went. False reporting doesn't do a whole lot anyway (on PC, Xbox is a different story). It's easy to ignore false reports since they're all checked and verified first anyway.

how about the legit reports, reported the correct way ingame, with video, that go for 2 months without being checked?
  • Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255
    edited June 2018
    Options

There are few people who report for anger ( i guess people 13 - 15 y.o. ) and they can not lose, or accept to lose. I prefer to prevent another type of people who can't stop spam, repeatedly, new host game as killer because they can't handle a swf or premade. What's the point to do that? Fun or get rage?

About the false report, better check a inaccurate info to reach a potential cheater rather than burning it. I would like to know if many trappers - leatherface - Myers and nurse with speedhacks they have been banned ( if they have been banned ). That's the real problem in this game.

• Dan_Pariah
    Dan_Pariah Member Posts: 2
    Options

How about giving the sore losers a way to avoid playing any particular killer for a short amount of time? If a survivor gets salty allow him/her to avoid a killer for about 24 hrs. This way a survivor can act on their frustration and maybe they will leave the false reporting alone. Also if a survivor ends up avoiding too many killers they essentially blocked their opportunity to play for a day or so.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Dan_Pariah said:
    How about giving the sore losers a way to avoid playing any particular killer for a short amount of time? If a survivor gets salty allow him/her to avoid a killer for about 24 hrs. This way a survivor can act on their frustration and maybe they will leave the false reporting alone. Also if a survivor ends up avoiding too many killers they essentially blocked their opportunity to play for a day or so.

Or just go against the killer you are in the lobby with and play the game..

• Dan_Pariah
    Dan_Pariah Member Posts: 2
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Dan_Pariah said:

There are always going to be salty people and I thought my comment was a constructive way to compromise and ease the false reporting issue. But that's just my opinion. Telling people to just shut up and play will never work.

• Lowbei
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Dan_Pariah said:

There are always going to be salty people and I thought my comment was a constructive way to compromise and ease the false reporting issue. But that's just my opinion. Telling people to just shut up and play will never work.

We do not negotiate with salties.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Few things to remember here that often get overlooked.

1. Reporting for camping is because devs haven't done a good job letting newer players or most of playerbase not aware of it. That camping is a legit strategy, the same is true for pallet looping. So unless and until they do those reports will happen. It wasn't until @AlexAnarchy told me about it and linked me the video I was aware of it. Now granted i started the game a few months ago or so.

2. chat abuse should still be reported, the we're all adults here isn't true and even some of the adults act like 6 year olds. If the jerks don't get nailed early, they'll just get emboldened and do it more. I actually laugh at most of the insults post game and only report for the line crossers to me. Teh death threats, racist, homophobic etc.

3.Abusing the report system should get you a punish but 1 month ban for 1st talk about draconian. You'd turn people away from reporting entirely out of fear that gasp they might get nailed for a valid report that couldn't be proven. Most places give you some leeway but eventually start making your reports worthless unless you're really bad at abusing it then they nuke you with harsher punishments.

I've had both sides threaten to report me falsely because gasp I didn't give them a free win or kill, I mean good grief I'm not going to run up to the killer and say ehre take me I'm yours. For survivors it's either why didn't you save me from the camper, well duh and or you only did 3 gens etc.

As a killer it's wah I'm reporting you for tunneling me, well geez you keep pallet looping me and you have a flashlight.What did you think was going to happen to you I was just going to let you go after smacking you? No, I'm hooking your ass and since you keep running into your teammates i keep interrupting the gens progression.

• Lowbei
    Options
    some people report you for reporting them.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    There are players who report after EVERY match when they lose. They do so because theres no consequences for it, and they think that simply stacking up numbers of reports on someone will have an effect, like it does on xbox live.

This, apparently, has resulted in BHVR getting rid of their report handler, since they clearly no longer even look at the reports anymore, thus theres speedhackers everywhere and 2-3 month old reported videos dont have a single new view.

The solution, is to crack down on the salties, you know... the ones causing the problem... instead of giving up and abandoning the entire thing.

Right?

Why are you trying so hard to delete the game? Make it bannable and we will lose 70% of the survivor population in a week, maybe even more :wink:

• Lowbei
    Options
    Master said:

@Lowbei said:

Right?

Why are you trying so hard to delete the game? Make it bannable and we will lose 70% of the survivor population in a week, maybe even more :wink:

by ban i mean of course the 1day, then 3day, then week, then perma, as it goes

if they cannot correct their behavior, they shouldnt be playing games online
  • Okkoner
    Okkoner Member Posts: 33
    Options

@RemoveSWF said:
    They report for things that aren't even crimes:

Camping.
    Slugging.
    Hatch standoff.
    Not rescuing a fellow survivor.
    Farming a fellow survivor on the hook.

They report for things that SHOULDN'T be crimes:

Post-game insults - Sticks and stones. Get over it.
    Holding the game hostage - Last remaining survivor hides because they feel like they can't do a gen without being killed. Do you expect them to kill themselves in an attempt to fix a gen? No, fix your game BHVR, either help the killer find the survivor or help the survivor make progress (or both).
    Three gen strat - If a killer is doing this and not chasing survivors, it's because he thinks a gen will pop if he stops patrolling them. Is he supposed to take the bait and chase somebody while the others repair? No, fix your game BHVR, help the killer catch them or help the survivors repair faster (or both).

"Reasonable games have built-in rules and simply do not allow illegal moves to happen in the first place." - David Sirlin.

The ONLY thing people should report for is hacking. Speedhacks, seeing through walls, etc.

ehh idk about post game insults thats harassment isn't it?

• Lowbei
    Options
    Okkoner said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Camping.
    Slugging.
    Hatch standoff.

Holding the game hostage - Last remaining survivor hides because they feel like they can't do a gen without being killed. Do you expect them to kill themselves in an attempt to fix a gen? No, fix your game BHVR, either help the killer find the survivor or help the survivor make progress (or both).
    Three gen strat - If a killer is doing this and not chasing survivors, it's because he thinks a gen will pop if he stops patrolling them. Is he supposed to take the bait and chase somebody while the others repair? No, fix your game BHVR, help the killer catch them or help the survivors repair faster (or both).

"Reasonable games have built-in rules and simply do not allow illegal moves to happen in the first place." - David Sirlin.

The ONLY thing people should report for is hacking. Speedhacks, seeing through walls, etc.

honestly its just words bruh, and they added the arrow to turn chat off if its bothering you. maybe for death threats but thats all imo.
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Dan_Pariah said:

@Zanfer said:

@Dan_Pariah said:

I never said the false reporting thing was a none issue. You were talking about not going against certain killers cause of "reasons". That is why I said you should just play the game.

• Lowbei
    Options
    burn them at the stake!
  • powerbats
    Options

@Lowbei said:

I've actually had ppl threaten to report me if I report them for reporting me while they were racist, homophobic, etc. Those i just laugh and think to myself go right ahead.

• Lowbei
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

I've actually had ppl threaten to report me if I report them for reporting me while they were racist, homophobic, etc. Those i just laugh and think to myself go right ahead.

Exactly.

An autopsy of this problem reveals that having a “meh, report it if you didnt like it” system, ultimately destroyed itself.

The lesson to be learned going forwards is that you cannot allow people to report for “anything”. A false report suspension is required. The concept that “well we cant ban everybody, and everyones doing it, so oh well” is not acceptable.

Its like speeding. If there wasnt a rule against it, everyone would do it, and making it illegal didnt result in everyone going to jail, it resulted in most people not speeding, and the habitual offenders removed.

The question is, is BHVR willing to admit their failures (internally) and make deathgarden have a better system, because its clear that they already gave up on dbds system.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    Okkoner said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Camping.
    Slugging.
    Hatch standoff.

i am bewildered at those that actually need protection from insults.  we live in the age of the maladjusted ninny.  persistent harassment is a different story but....seriously, man up already 

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

you sound like a liberal.  
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Okkoner said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Camping.
    Slugging.
    Hatch standoff.

i am bewildered at those that actually need protection from insults.  we live in the age of the maladjusted ninny.  persistent harassment is a different story but....seriously, man up already 

lol Thats ironic considering that you butthurt flag every post that you dont like.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,614
    Options

@Lowbei said:
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

Exactly.

An autopsy of this problem reveals that having a “meh, report it if you didnt like it” system, ultimately destroyed itself.

The lesson to be learned going forwards is that you cannot allow people to report for “anything”. A false report suspension is required. The concept that “well we cant ban everybody, and everyones doing it, so oh well” is not acceptable.

Its like speeding. If there wasnt a rule against it, everyone would do it, and making it illegal didnt result in everyone going to jail, it resulted in most people not speeding, and the habitual offenders removed.

The question is, is BHVR willing to admit their failures (internally) and make deathgarden have a better system, because its clear that they already gave up on dbds system.

I'm on day 4 of awaiting an answer from the Devs regarding an inquiry about reporting a particular scenario.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/4067/dev-help-please-afk-wraith-freddy-o-o#latest

The inability to receive an answer to this yes/no question really speaks volumes to the efficacy and consistency of the current reporting system.

• Lowbei
    Options
    Raccoon said:

@Lowbei said:
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

Exactly.

I'm on day 4 of awaiting an answer from the Devs regarding an inquiry about reporting a particular scenario.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/4067/dev-help-please-afk-wraith-freddy-o-o#latest

The inability to receive an answer to this yes/no question really speaks volumes to the efficacy and consistency of the current reporting system.

there are people who have been waiting months, with zero new views on their video they sent for evidence.
  • powerbats
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

Almost 35 year Republican but try and use another failed insult. I choose to be a human being that values good behavior.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    Options

@xxdean87xx said:
    That’s good idea but for post game insults I don’t agree on because at the end of the day majority of people that play this are adults I come across those having a go for not healing not getting someone off hook even though your being chased yourself and there graphic by what they say that in itself is bullying and 90% of the time that’s children or childish men who don’t like losing. What should really been done since console gaming and that game it self is for over 18s they should be banning the kids from the game permanently as well. Most play for the fun of it or some to rank up but majority of us don’t say nothing unless it to help each other the chat isn’t there to bully people

Statistically that's not true, look at the survey results i believe majority are 13-18 years old. adults sit at about 11% at least in my age bracket I consider to be mature adults.

• EpicFailTryHard
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

lmao.  flagged!  i thought being called a liberal was a good thing?  realistically, it isn't but a liberal would say it is.
  • powerbats
    Options

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    EpicFailTryHard said:

powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

lmao.  flagged!  i thought being called a liberal was a good thing?  realistically, it isn't but a liberal would say it is.

Wasn't me since I don't consider that to be flag worthy and not sure who would.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    Options
    powerbats said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    EpicFailTryHard said:

powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

no big thing.  i suspect it was the little mod monster lowbei.  his perception tells him that everyone wants to flag him.  he can't figure out why that is all he sees in the world around him.
  • Lowbei
    Options
    powerbats said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    EpicFailTryHard said:

powerbats said:

@Lowbei said:

no big thing.  i suspect it was the little mod monster lowbei.  his perception tells him that everyone wants to flag him.  he can't figure out why that is all he sees in the world around him.
    lol i really dont care what you post. plus you bump my posts with your butthurt on the regular.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    @Lowbei @EpicFailTryHard you two make a cute couple. Kek
  • Lowbei
    Options
    Mc_Harty said:
    @Lowbei @EpicFailTryHard you two make a cute couple. Kek
    aww ty