The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Events make me want to quit. They are horribly unfun

Every survivor game (which as a killer man you are forcing me to play if i want cosmetics for free) is horrid. Killers run moris and farm survivors constantly and do anything in their power to screw over the survivors from getting nectar. Then to top it off survivors have to do an extra objective ontop of looking for a limited resource on the map. All while the killers are running the usual NOED and ruin ect. that slow down progress even more.

This system is the worst layout of an event to date. If you wanted survivors to have something extra to do you should have increased hooks to death to like 5 for the event. This game mode is one sided and is bringing out the absolute worst in our community. I think regardless of the next event I am going to have to bow out. I don't want to get so irritated I quit. which is where this event has me right now.

Comments

• SleepyRedHead
    SleepyRedHead Member Posts: 13
    I have played this game since console release, between this event and the horrible unbalance issues we face I bought 2 new games and will focus on them rather than this game from now on. Maybe in the future I’ll come back, but for the foreseeable future I’m throwing in the towel. 
  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Some of you survivors are really pathetic. We've veen playing the same work on gens, loop the killer game for a couple years now, and as soon as they add an OPTIONAL side story quest, you guys all come out the woodwork crying about it. I don't get it, you guys are the first to complain about how boring doing gens is, you sit there and tell killers "oh, don't add more time to gens, it doesn't matter if alot of games end too quickly and the death timer to gen time is obviously off and allows for far to few mistakes on killer side and far to many on survivor. Just give us a side objective or something"

Then you get your [BAD WORD] wish, which again is optional and seasonal, rewards you with a great deal of BP for the time invested, can be done very efficiently in SWF, and adds another layer to the gameplay that wasn't there before. Mind you, this is a quick side objective where all you must do is find the damn thing and harvest it. It's not like the suggestion survivors sometimes make about finding pieces for gens/doing something else before gen repair, which would require much higher coordination.

And to call the event Killer sided? That's almost a sick Joke, seeing as it's much easier to farm and leave when it comes to  survivor vials. You don't have to, and surviving isn't much harder if you are actually decent at survivor, but alot of survivors are scrubs by nature. They're the scrubs that lose to spam characters. They lack skill and don't want to take the time to develope it, then have the nerve to tell others they aren't good at killer and that they don't play with skill because they won't play by their made up rules..

Honestly, the event is flawed in terms of these optional side objectives.

When the dev makes the side objective incentive pretty high and individualistic, it distracts people from completing the main objective of the game. Whenever I play killer in this event, it is just far too easy because literally almost no gens are being completed.

The devs need to redesign the value of side objectives. Like destroying totems prevents NOED or negates a killer's perk, or unhooking someone gives you both points and increases your chances of surviving. Or destroying hook prevents killers from hooking, or looting to get useful items to help you in the match.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    I wouldn't call it killer sided as it would take 6 event hooks for a whole vial and 3 cankers for survivors to fill theirs. Plus, most of the time survivors only focus on cankers instead on generators so it would make some kind of sense for killers to screw with protecting them. I play both killer and survivor and i usually end up winning killer more because survivors dont start doing gens because they do cankers first. Killers bringing moris is kinda dumb unless they dont have any petals as you get wAY more bloodpoints for event hooks. Wouldn't say one sided, maybe just unlucky and r e a  l l y toxic.
  • GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

It's easier to do as a survivor. Maybe not to do and survive every game. But killers barely get a full vial in a game. Survivors get a full 1 almost every game. Killers have like 10-20 minute queue times where survivor are instant. I don't see how anyone could say that killer is easier to do the event on. I agree that facing killers that are running Ruin during this event are easily able to get a 4 kill game. Give it a couple of days and no one will be working on the event anymore. The more and more people that finish, the less people will need to harvest. Meaning we'll be back to the gen rush meta soon.

• DireWolfDark
    DireWolfDark Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2018

I am a Killer main and am really beginning to dislike events as every time one comes up Killer queues get awful. I’m Rank 5 on PS4 and have to wait 15+ minutes just to get a game which I’m not interested in doing. And it seems like that is only going to get worse with the way this event is designed since Survivors can’t harvest any more nectar once they hit 30 vials so they have to rely on others to get those bonus bloodpoints. I’ve been playing Survivor and have gotten 20 vials filled so far so I guess I’ll get that up to the 30 vials and if I still can’t get Killer lobbies I’ll set the game to the side and play something else until after the event when things get back to normal.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Fabyoulust said:
    Every survivor game (which as a killer man you are forcing me to play if i want cosmetics for free) is horrid. Killers run moris and farm survivors constantly and do anything in their power to screw over the survivors from getting nectar. Then to top it off survivors have to do an extra objective ontop of looking for a limited resource on the map. All while the killers are running the usual NOED and ruin ect. that slow down progress even more.

This system is the worst layout of an event to date. If you wanted survivors to have something extra to do you should have increased hooks to death to like 5 for the event. This game mode is one sided and is bringing out the absolute worst in our community. I think regardless of the next event I am going to have to bow out. I don't want to get so irritated I quit. which is where this event has me right now.

my main issue with the event is just getting burned out by playing so much.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

you did not obviously read a word i wrote so i stopped reading 3 lines into yours. I main killer. I don't like playing survivor to begin with and forcing me to when the killers are being try hards is not fun. Please read before you spout next time

No I read it all. I don't care if you call yourself a survivor or killer main,  you're complaining about the survivor side of this event. I'm a killer main too, it's VERY easy and way less stressful to do the survivor side. The scrub part applies to you more than anything.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    I mean, what killer main advocates for 5 hook states? As if the survivor side isn't bloated enough already,  now we have to give then 5 chancies? Something fishy about this one..
  • MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    I mean, what killer main advocates for 5 hook states? As if the survivor side isn't bloated enough already,  now we have to give then 5 chancies? Something fishy about this one..

this aint it chief

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    I’m a survivor main and I don’t mind the format. The only thing I dislike is that it will be hard to farm BP when my vials are full. 
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

survivors deserve it

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

@Fabyoulust said:
    Every survivor game (which as a killer man you are forcing me to play if i want cosmetics for free) is horrid. Killers run moris and farm survivors constantly and do anything in their power to screw over the survivors from getting nectar.

And those survivors are all lovely right? They're not wiggling/body-blocking/decisive strike/flashlight saving etc. when one is on the way to an event hook.

I've even seen survivors farm plants with the killer, then f*ck off out the exit. These killers would have got no serum at all except for the fact I'm usually happy (often having to insist) to be hooked.

It's almost like a whole bunch of arseholes play this game - some playing killer, some playing survivor, and some playing both. I wish everyone was a little more accommodating during these things, but not everyone will be and it's most definitely not a killer problem.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Fabyoulust said:

In the whole event I havent encountered a single mori so far.

If you want to play DBD "as usual" I recommend waiting a week or two until everyone is done farming.

Nobody cares about the actual game anymore, its all about farming phials

• Lavernne
    Lavernne Member Posts: 98

@Master said:

Not really, a lot of survivors are done (30/30) with farming phials... and now its like there are no plants.

• Master

@Lavernne said:

@Master said:

Not really, a lot of survivors are done (30/30) with farming phials... and now its like there are no plants.

Yeah ive noticed a few games like that too. Sometimes I was the only one that throws an offering (I just deranked afk in these games^^)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Fabyoulust Personally, I think that the event was executed rather well. Granted, I'm not super thrilled with how they consistently fail to address hype properly but I digress. My greatest passion for this event is that they force players who want all of the rewards to play both sides. I like this as it pushes some "survivor mains" out of their shells and will give them a perspective for future discussions. The same logic applies to killer mains who have been thrown into the survivor's perspective. My only complaint is that it would seem that we're going to face a population imbalance soon^TM. A number of killer mains I know played survivor for the 30 vials there as that was the easier grind. With the knowledge that many survivor mains would also grind the survivor vials at this time. Soon enough, it will be time for a large number of killer mains and survivor mains to all switch to the killer for those vials which will won't make anyone's queue times shorter.

• Lavernne
    Lavernne Member Posts: 98
    edited October 2018

@Master said:

@Lavernne said:

@Master said:

Yeah ive noticed a few games like that too. Sometimes I was the only one that throws an offering (I just deranked afk in these games^^)

I play normal, doing gens and totems and try to survive. But playing the event offering and hope there is a survivor who do the plants to get some bonus bp. ^^

Edit: or waitng 15-25 minutes to get survivors in my killerlobby for the missing nectar xD

• Master

@Lavernne said:

@Master said:

@Lavernne said:

@Master said:

I play normal, doing gens and totems and try to survive. But playing the event offering and hope there is a survivor who do the plants to get some bonus bp. ^^

Yeah I had games like this too, I thought 5 event offerings, cool i will be a nice guy and farm with the survivors.
    Then they start genrushing like crazy and nobody wants to farm.
    Usually I slugg the ######### out of them then because thats the only way you can gain pressure back^^

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Just move on. I started with survivor so I could get it out of the way because I suck as survivor and thought it would be harder. But it's actually really easy. Offerings are pretty easy to get and all you have to do is run around the map and harvest the nectar. 70% of the killers were face camping me bu I'd still get 1/3 - 2//3 of a vial. Some games with 3-4 offering I'd fill it up completely. Whenever I was full, I'd run in front of a killer when they are chasing someone else and bodyblock with wglf, which would result in really quick games. I just finished survivor yesterday and I can tell that killer games will take a lot longer and more effort. Having bond will help you find the cankers a lot

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    I don’t think you get it. The event is supposed to be challenging... not easy! That’s why they gave us two weeks. Stop whining and enjoy the event, after all, you’re getting ten dollar skins for ABSOLUTEY FREE.
  • Master

@Watery said:
    I don’t think you get it. The event is supposed to be challenging... not easy! That’s why they gave us two weeks. Stop whining and enjoy the event, after all, you’re getting ten dollar skins for ABSOLUTEY FREE.

You need to grind the cosmetics in the first days or you will have insane problems getting your killer phials because all the survivor mains switching to killer and none of the survivor using the offerings anymore because they cant farm BP like that and are done with the phials already

• Watery
    edited October 2018
    Master said:

@Watery said:

You need to grind the cosmetics in the first days or you will have insane problems getting your killer phials because all the survivor mains switching to killer and none of the survivor using the offerings anymore because they cant farm BP like that and are done with the phials already

Then learn to deal. It’s not that hard. If you can get a group of friends together, Vial hunting becomes MUCH easier.
    Thats a you problem- and the event is only four days in. Are you REALLY sure that’s gonna happen? There’s no way of saying for certain.
  • Watery
    The killer issue is okay. I totally agree- it’s unfair and their vials deserve a little more. But going after survivors for them having an easy time seems a little unfair, considering most of the Cankers are taken right at the start.

• SleepyRedHead
    SleepyRedHead Member Posts: 13
    Watery said:
    I don’t think you get it. Events are supposed to be fun. Halloween is to me like Xmas is to my kids. But this event made my favorite game feel toxic to its core. So I’m done. I’m out.

So is my husband, we would play together. He is deployed right now so we play games together to spend time with each other. (There’s only so many phone calls before you run out of things to say and realize how boring you are)